June 12: Day of the Week
June 12, 2019 was the 163rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 202 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Riley’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1418An insurrection delivers Paris to the Burgundians.
- 1665England installs a municipal government in New York City (the former Dutch settlement of New Amsterdam).
- 1758French and Indian War: Siege of Louisbourg – James Wolfe’s attack at Louisbourg, Nova Scotia commences.
- 1776The Virginia Declaration of Rights is adopted.
- 1899New Richmond Tornado: the eighth deadliest tornado in U.S. history kills 117 people and injures around 200.
- 1967The United States Supreme Court in Loving v. Virginia declares all U.S. state laws which prohibit interracial marriage to be unconstitutional.
- 1987The Central African Republic’s former Emperor Jean-Bédel Bokassa is sentenced to death for crimes he had committed during his 13-year rule.
- 1994Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman are murdered outside her home in Los Angeles, California. O.J. Simpson is later acquitted of the killings, but is held liable in wrongful death civil suit.
- 1994The Boeing 777, the world’s largest twinjet, makes its first flight.
- 1997Queen Elizabeth II reopens the Globe Theatre in London.
Who were born on June 12?
- 1806John A. Roebling, German-American civil engineer (Brooklyn Bridge) (d. 1869)
- 1841Watson Fothergill English Architect based in Nottingham (d. 1928)
- 1875Sam De Grasse, Canadian actor (d. 1953)
- 1929Brigid Brophy, British writer (d. 1995)
- 1937Antal Festetics, Austrian biologist
- 1942Bert Sakmann, German physiologist, Nobel laureate
- 1949Jens Böhrnsen, German politician
- 1962John Enos III, American actor
- 1974Kerry Kittles, American basketball player
- 1979Dallas Clark, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.