June 12: Day of the Week
June 12, 2020 is the 164th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 202 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Cheyenne’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1418An insurrection delivers Paris to the Burgundians.
- 1653First Anglo-Dutch War: the Battle of the Gabbard begins and lasts until June 13.
- 1776The Virginia Declaration of Rights is adopted.
- 1798Irish Rebellion of 1798: Battle of Ballynahinch.
- 1922At Windsor Castle, King George V receives the colours of the six Irish regiments that are to be disbanded – the Royal Irish Regiment, the Connaught Rangers, the South Irish Horse, the Prince of Wales’s Leinster Regiment, the Royal Munster Fusiliers and the Royal Dublin Fusiliers.
- 1940World War II: 13,000 British and French troops surrender to Major General Erwin Rommel at Saint-Valery-en-Caux.
- 1990Russia Day – the parliament of the Russian Federation formally declares its sovereignty.
- 19911991 Kokkadichcholai massacre: the Sri Lankan Army massacres 152 minority Tamil civilians in the village Kokkadichcholai near the eastern province town of Batticaloa, Sri Lanka.
- 1996In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, a panel of federal judges blocks a law against indecency on the internet.
- 2001Robert Edward Dyer is sentenced to 16 years’ imprisonment for attempting to extort money from a British supermarket chain through a letter bomb campaign.
Who were born on June 12?
- 1827Johanna Spyri, Swiss writer (d. 1901)
- 1888Zygmunt Janiszewski, Polish mathematician (d. 1920)
- 1905Ray Barbuti, American athlete (d. 1988)
- 1916Irwin Allen, American film producer (d. 1991)
- 1919Uta Hagen, American actress (d. 2004)
- 1925Jaime Montestrela, Portuguese writer (d. 1975)
- 1957Javed Miandad, Pakistani cricketer and coach
- 1964Paula Marshall, American actress
- 1983Alexander Pipa, German rugby player
- 1983Christine Sinclair, Canadian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.