June 12: Day of the Week
June 12, 2019 was the 163rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 202 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
June 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1864American Civil War, Overland Campaign: Battle of Cold Harbor – Ulysses S. Grant gives the Confederate forces under Robert E. Lee a victory when he pulls his Union troops from their positions at Cold Harbor, Virginia and moves south.
- 188978 are killed in the Armagh rail disaster near Armagh in what is now Northern Ireland.
- 1898Philippine Declaration of Independence: General Emilio Aguinaldo declares the Philippines’ independence from Spain.
- 1899New Richmond Tornado: the eighth deadliest tornado in U.S. history kills 117 people and injures around 200.
- 1964Anti-apartheid activist and ANC leader Nelson Mandela is sentenced to life in prison for sabotage in South Africa.
- 1967Venera program: Venera 4 is launched (it will become the first space probe to enter another planet’s atmosphere and successfully return data).
- 1993An election takes place in Nigeria which and is later annulled by the military Government led by Ibrahim Babangida.
- 1994Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman are murdered outside her home in Los Angeles, California. O.J. Simpson is later acquitted of the killings, but is held liable in wrongful death civil suit.
- 1996In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, a panel of federal judges blocks a law against indecency on the internet.
- 1997Queen Elizabeth II reopens the Globe Theatre in London.
Who were born on June 12?
- 1897Anthony Eden, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (d. 1977)
- 1915Christopher Mayhew, British politician (d. 1997)
- 1915David Rockefeller, American banker
- 1920Dave Berg, American cartoonist (d. 2002)
- 1953David Thornton, American actor
- 1959Jenilee Harrison, American actress
- 1959Jervis Johnson, Games Designer for Games Workshop, Nottingham
- 1977Kenny Wayne Shepherd, American blues-rock guitarist
- 1980Larry Foote, American football player
- 1985Kendra Wilkinson, American television personality and glamour model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.