June 12: Day of the Week
June 12, 2022 is the 163rd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 202 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IXVUTUAPTHALB? Check your answers here: Word solver IXVUTUAPTHALB. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1381Peasants’ Revolt: in England, rebels arrive at Blackheath.
- 1418An insurrection delivers Paris to the Burgundians.
- 1560Battle of Okehazama: Oda Nobunaga defeats Imagawa Yoshimoto.
- 188978 are killed in the Armagh rail disaster near Armagh in what is now Northern Ireland.
- 1939Shooting begins on Paramount Pictures’ Dr. Cyclops, the first horror film photographed in three-strip Technicolor.
- 1964Anti-apartheid activist and ANC leader Nelson Mandela is sentenced to life in prison for sabotage in South Africa.
- 1987Cold War: At the Brandenburg Gate U.S. President Ronald Reagan publicly challenges Mikhail Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin Wall.
- 19911991 Kokkadichcholai massacre: the Sri Lankan Army massacres 152 minority Tamil civilians in the village Kokkadichcholai near the eastern province town of Batticaloa, Sri Lanka.
- 1993An election takes place in Nigeria which and is later annulled by the military Government led by Ibrahim Babangida.
- 1997Queen Elizabeth II reopens the Globe Theatre in London.
Who were born on June 12?
- 1897Anthony Eden, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (d. 1977)
- 1920Peter Jones, English actor (d. 2000)
- 1937Antal Festetics, Austrian biologist
- 1948Herbert Meyer, German footballer
- 1949Marc Tardif, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1957Javed Miandad, Pakistani cricketer and coach
- 1959Jervis Johnson, Games Designer for Games Workshop, Nottingham
- 1975Michael Muhney, American actor
- 1976Thomas Sørensen, Danish footballer
- 1985Chris Young, American musician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.