June 12: Day of the Week
June 12, 2020 is the 164th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 202 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Eliza’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1665England installs a municipal government in New York City (the former Dutch settlement of New Amsterdam).
- 1899New Richmond Tornado: the eighth deadliest tornado in U.S. history kills 117 people and injures around 200.
- 1939Shooting begins on Paramount Pictures’ Dr. Cyclops, the first horror film photographed in three-strip Technicolor.
- 1942Holocaust: Anne Frank receives a diary for her thirteenth birthday.
- 1963Civil rights leader Medgar Evers is murdered in front of his home in Jackson, Mississippi by Ku Klux Klan member Byron De La Beckwith.
- 1987Cold War: At the Brandenburg Gate U.S. President Ronald Reagan publicly challenges Mikhail Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin Wall.
- 1990Russia Day – the parliament of the Russian Federation formally declares its sovereignty.
- 1991Russians elect Boris Yeltsin as the president of the republic.
- 1994Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman are murdered outside her home in Los Angeles, California. O.J. Simpson is later acquitted of the killings, but is held liable in wrongful death civil suit.
- 2001Robert Edward Dyer is sentenced to 16 years’ imprisonment for attempting to extort money from a British supermarket chain through a letter bomb campaign.
Who were born on June 12?
- 1806John A. Roebling, German-American civil engineer (Brooklyn Bridge) (d. 1869)
- 1841Watson Fothergill English Architect based in Nottingham (d. 1928)
- 1903Emmett Hardy, American musician (d. 1925)
- 1919Uta Hagen, American actress (d. 2004)
- 1920Dave Berg, American cartoonist (d. 2002)
- 1928Vic Damone, American singer
- 1937Klaus Basikow, German football player and manager
- 1941Roy Harper, English musician
- 1959Jenilee Harrison, American actress
- 1973Jason Caffey, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.