June 13: Day of the Week
June 13, 2019 is the 164th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 201 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Gemini horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
June 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1249Coronation of Alexander III as King of Scots.
- 1373Anglo-Portuguese Alliance between England (succeeded by the United Kingdom) and Portugal is the oldest alliance in the world which is still in force.
- 1910The University of the Philippines College of Engineering is established. This unit of the university is said to be the largest degree granting unit in the Philippines.
- 1967U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson nominates Solicitor-General Thurgood Marshall to become the first black justice on the U.S. Supreme Court.
- 1981At the Trooping the Colour ceremony in London, a teenager, Marcus Sarjeant, fires six blank shots at Queen Elizabeth II.
- 1994A jury in Anchorage, Alaska, blames recklessness by Exxon and Captain Joseph Hazelwood for the Exxon Valdez disaster, allowing victims of the oil spill to seek $15 billion in damages.
- 1995French president Jacques Chirac announces the resumption of nuclear tests in French Polynesia.
- 1997A jury sentences Timothy McVeigh to death for his part in the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing.
- 2002Two 14-year-old South Korean girls are struck and killed by a United States Army armored vehicle, leading to months of public protests against the US.
- 2005A jury in Santa Maria, California acquits pop singer Michael Jackson of molesting 13-year-old Gavin Arvizo at his Neverland Ranch.
Who were born on June 13?
- 1809Heinrich Hoffmann, German painter, author of Struwwelpeter (d. 1894)
- 1943Jim Guy Tucker, American politician, governor of Arkansas
- 1952Tony Bruno, American talkshow host
- 1959Boyko Borisov, Bulgarian politician
- 1968Denise Pearson, British singer (Five Star)
- 1970Mikael Ljungberg, Swedish wrestler (d. 2004)
- 1980Jamario Moon, American basketball player
- 1983Matt Allison, British racing driver
- 1984Nery Castillo, Mexican-Uruguayan footballer
- 1989Tommy Searle, English motocross racer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.