June 13: Day of the Week
June 13, 2023 was the 164th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 201 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IHKWXIXWFA? Check your answers here: Word search IHKWXIXWFA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
June 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1249Coronation of Alexander III as King of Scots.
- 1774Rhode Island becomes the first of Britain’s North American colonies to ban the importation of slaves.
- 1805Lewis and Clark Expedition: scouting ahead of the expedition, Meriwether Lewis and four companions sight the Great Falls of the Missouri River.
- 1910The University of the Philippines College of Engineering is established. This unit of the university is said to be the largest degree granting unit in the Philippines.
- 1927Aviator Charles Lindbergh receives a ticker-tape parade down 5th Avenue in New York City.
- 1967U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson nominates Solicitor-General Thurgood Marshall to become the first black justice on the U.S. Supreme Court.
- 1994A jury in Anchorage, Alaska, blames recklessness by Exxon and Captain Joseph Hazelwood for the Exxon Valdez disaster, allowing victims of the oil spill to seek $15 billion in damages.
- 1995French president Jacques Chirac announces the resumption of nuclear tests in French Polynesia.
- 2000President Kim Dae Jung of South Korea meets Kim Jong-il, leader of North Korea, for the beginning of the first ever inter-Korea summit, in the northern capital of Pyongyang.
- 2002The United States withdraws from the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty.
Who were born on June 13?
- 1903Red Grange, American football player (d. 1991)
- 1952Tony Bruno, American talkshow host
- 1959Steve Georganas, Australian politician
- 1965Lisa Vidal, American actress
- 1973Kasia Kowalska, Polish pop rock singer
- 1973Tanner Foust, American racing driver
- 1976Kym Marsh, English singer, actress and T.V. presenter
- 1980Markus Winkelhock, German racing driver
- 1980Sarah Connor, German singer
- 1983Jason Spezza, Canadian hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.