June 13: Day of the Week
June 13, 2020 is the 165th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 201 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Mckenzie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1777American Revolutionary War: Marquis de Lafayette lands near Charleston, South Carolina, in order to help the Continental Congress to train its army.
- 1881The USS Jeannette is crushed in an Arctic Ocean ice pack.
- 1886A fire devastates much of Vancouver, British Columbia.
- 1886King Ludwig II of Bavaria is found dead in Lake Starnberg south of Munich at 11:30 PM.
- 1944World War II: German combat elements - reinforced by the 17th SS Panzergrenadier Division - launch a counterattack on American forces near Carentan.
- 1944World War II: Germany launches a V1 Flying Bomb attack on England. Only four of the eleven bombs actually hit their targets.
- 1969Governor of Texas Preston Smith signs a bill into law converting the former Southwest Center for Advanced Studies, originally founded as a research arm of Texas Instruments, into the University of Texas at Dallas.
- 1977Convicted Martin Luther King Jr. assassin James Earl Ray is recaptured after escaping from prison three days before.
- 1983Pioneer 10 becomes the first man-made object to leave the central Solar System when it passes beyond the orbit of Neptune (the furthest planet from the Sun at the time).
- 2002The United States withdraws from the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty.
Who were born on June 13?
- 1884Anton Drexler, German political figure (d. 1942)
- 1910Gonzalo Torrente Ballester, Galician writer (d. 1999)
- 1924Percy Rodriguez, Canadian actor (d. 2007)
- 1931Nora Kovach, Hungarian-born American ballerina (d. 2009)
- 1968Spike Breakwell, British comedian
- 1970Chris Cairns, New Zealand cricketer
- 1974Steve-O, American stunt performer and television personality
- 1975Jennifer Nicole Lee, American model
- 1985Filipe Albuquerque, Portuguese racing driver
- 1989Tommy Searle, English motocross racer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.