June 13: Day of the Week
June 13, 2021 is the 164th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 201 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UUUWLPA? Check your answers here: Word finder UUUWLPA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1525Martin Luther marries Katharina von Bora, against the celibacy rule decreed by the Roman Catholic Church for priests and nuns.
- 1774Rhode Island becomes the first of Britain’s North American colonies to ban the importation of slaves.
- 1805Lewis and Clark Expedition: scouting ahead of the expedition, Meriwether Lewis and four companions sight the Great Falls of the Missouri River.
- 1881The USS Jeannette is crushed in an Arctic Ocean ice pack.
- 1927Aviator Charles Lindbergh receives a ticker-tape parade down 5th Avenue in New York City.
- 1955Mir Mine, the first diamond mine in the USSR, is discovered.
- 1995French president Jacques Chirac announces the resumption of nuclear tests in French Polynesia.
- 1997Uphaar cinema fire, in New Delhi, India, killed 59 people, and over 100 people injured.
- 2000Italy pardons Mehmet Ali Agca, the Turkish gunman who tried to kill Pope John Paul II in 1981.
- 2002The United States withdraws from the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty.
Who were born on June 13?
- 1892Basil Rathbone, English actor (d. 1967)
- 1897Paavo Nurmi, Finnish runner (d. 1973)
- 1911Luis Alvarez, American physicist, Nobel laureate (d. 1988)
- 1930Ryszard Kukliński, Polish colonel (d. 2004)
- 1935Samak Sundaravej, Thai 25th Prime Minister (d. 2009)
- 1941Esther Ofarim, Israeli singer
- 1969Svetlana Krivelyova, Russian athlete
- 1973Leeann Tweeden, American model and television presenter
- 1973Mattias Hellberg, Swedish musician (The Hellacopters)
- 1979Nila Håkedal, Norwegian beach volleyball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.