June 15: Day of the Week
June 15, 2019 was the 166th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 199 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
June 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1580Philip II of Spain declares William the Silent to be an outlaw.
- 1775American Revolutionary War: George Washington is appointed commander-in-chief of the Continental Army.
- 1844Charles Goodyear receives a patent for vulcanization, a process to strengthen rubber.
- 1864American Civil War: The Second Battle of Petersburg begins.
- 1896The deadliest tsunami in Japan’s history kills more than 22,000 people.
- 1909Representatives from England, Australia and South Africa meet at Lord’s and form the Imperial Cricket Conference.
- 1920A new border treaty between Germany and Denmark gives northern Schleswig to Denmark.
- 1954UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) is formed in Basel, Switzerland.
- 1978King Hussein of Jordan marries American Lisa Halaby, who takes the name Queen Noor.
- 1992The United States Supreme Court rules in United States v. Álvarez-Machaín that it is permissible for the United States to forcibly extradite suspects in foreign countries and bring them to the USA for trial, without approval from those other countries.
Who were born on June 15?
- 1765Johann Gottlieb Friedrich von Bohnenberger, German mathematician (d. 1831)
- 1906Léon Degrelle, Belgian SS officer (d. 1994)
- 1933Mark Jones, English footballer (d. 1958)
- 1936Claude Brasseur, French actor
- 1947John Hoagland, American photographer
- 1953Rita Lee, American model
- 1962Thomas Mikal Ford, American actor
- 1965Annelies Bredael, Belgian rower
- 1967Yūji Ueda, Japanese voice actor
- 1969Ken Jeong, American Actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.