June 15: Day of the Week
June 15, 2020 is the 167th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 199 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Dominic’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 15 Historical Event(s)
- 763 BCAssyrians record a solar eclipse that is later used to fix the chronology of Mesopotamian history.
- 1219Northern Crusades: Danish victory at the Battle of Lyndanisse (modern-day Tallinn) establishes the Danish Duchy of Estonia. According to legend, this battle also marks the first use of the Dannebrog, the world’s first national flag still in use, as the national flag of Denmark.
- 1580Philip II of Spain declares William the Silent to be an outlaw.
- 1859Pig War: Ambiguity in the Oregon Treaty leads to the “Northwestern Boundary Dispute” between United States and British/Canadian settlers.
- 1877Henry Ossian Flipper becomes the first African American cadet to graduate from the United States Military Academy.
- 1916U.S. President Woodrow Wilson signs a bill incorporating the Boy Scouts of America, making them the only American youth organization with a federal charter.
- 1919John Alcock and Arthur Brown complete the first nonstop transatlantic flight when they reach Clifden, County Galway, Ireland.
- 1954UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) is formed in Basel, Switzerland.
- 1994Israel and Vatican City establish full diplomatic relations.
- 1996The Provisional Irish Republican Army explodes a large bomb in the middle of Manchester, England.
Who were born on June 15?
- 1594Nicolas Poussin, French painter (d. 1665)
- 1777David Daniel Davis, British physician (d. 1841)
- 1894Nikolai Chebotaryov, Ukrainian mathematician (d. 1947)
- 1900Otto Luening, German-born American composer (d. 1996)
- 1945Lawrence Wilkerson, American military officer
- 1954Paul Rusesabagina, Rwandan hotel manager and humanitarian
- 1956Robin Curtis, American actress
- 1963Mario Gosselin, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1970Zan Tabak, Croatian basketball player
- 1975Elizabeth Reaser, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.