June 15: Day of the Week
June 15, 2019 is the 166th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 199 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Gemini horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
June 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1246With the death of Duke Frederick II, the Babenberg dynasty ends in Austria.
- 1846The Oregon Treaty establishes the 49th parallel as the border between the United States and Canada, from the Rocky Mountains to the Strait of Juan de Fuca.
- 1859Pig War: Ambiguity in the Oregon Treaty leads to the “Northwestern Boundary Dispute” between United States and British/Canadian settlers.
- 1934The U.S. Great Smoky Mountains National Park is founded.
- 1937A German expedition led by Karl Wien loses sixteen members in an avalanche on Nanga Parbat. It is the worst single disaster to occur on an 8000m peak.
- 1944In the Saskatchewan general election, the CCF, led by Tommy Douglas, is elected and forms the first socialist government in North America.
- 1944World War II: Battle of Saipan: The United States invade Japanese-occupied Saipan.
- 1954UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) is formed in Basel, Switzerland.
- 1955The Eisenhower administration stages the first annual “Operation Alert” (OPAL) exercise, an attempt to assess the USA’s preparations for a nuclear attack.
- 2002Near-Earth asteroid 2002 MN misses the Earth by 75000 mi, about one-third of the distance between the Earth and the Moon.
Who were born on June 15?
- 1519Henry FitzRoy, 1st Duke of Richmond and Somerset, illegitimate son of King Henry VIII of England (d. 1536)
- 1914Yuri Andropov, Soviet politician (d. 1984)
- 1917Michalis Genitsaris, Greek singer and composer (d. 2005)
- 1943Poul Nyrup Rasmussen, Danish politician
- 1950Lakshmi Mittal, Indian industrialist
- 1958Riccardo Paletti, Italian racing driver (d. 1982)
- 1968Károly Güttler, Hungarian swimmer
- 1969Ken Jeong, American Actor
- 1972Andy Pettitte, American baseball player
- 1982Abdur Razzak, Bangladeshi cricketer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.