June 15: Day of the Week
June 15, 2020 was the 167th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 199 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ESUEEIRNVHCX? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters ESUEEIRNVHCX. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1184King Magnus V of Norway is killed at the Battle of Fimreite.
- 1804New Hampshire approves the Twelfth Amendment to the United States Constitution, ratifying the document.
- 1859Pig War: Ambiguity in the Oregon Treaty leads to the “Northwestern Boundary Dispute” between United States and British/Canadian settlers.
- 1867Atlantic Cable Quartz Lode gold mine located in Montana.
- 1913The Battle of Bud Bagsak in the Philippines ends.
- 1940World War II: Operation Ariel begins – Allied troops start to evacuate France, following Germany’s takeover of Paris and most of the nation.
- 1944World War II: Battle of Saipan: The United States invade Japanese-occupied Saipan.
- 1985Rembrandt’s painting Danaë is attacked by a man (later judged insane) who throws sulfuric acid on the canvas and cuts it twice with a knife.
- 1992The United States Supreme Court rules in United States v. Álvarez-Machaín that it is permissible for the United States to forcibly extradite suspects in foreign countries and bring them to the USA for trial, without approval from those other countries.
- 2002Near-Earth asteroid 2002 MN misses the Earth by 75000 mi, about one-third of the distance between the Earth and the Moon.
Who were born on June 15?
- 1519Henry FitzRoy, 1st Duke of Richmond and Somerset, illegitimate son of King Henry VIII of England (d. 1536)
- 1906Léon Degrelle, Belgian SS officer (d. 1994)
- 1947Lee Purcell, American actress
- 1948Mike Holmgren, American football coach
- 1951Steve Walsh, American singer (Kansas)
- 1958Wade Boggs, American baseball player
- 1961Scott Norton, American professional wrestler
- 1969Ice Cube, American rapper and actor
- 1982Abdur Razzak, Bangladeshi cricketer
- 1983Julia Fischer, German violinist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.