June 15: Day of the Week
June 15, 2019 was the 166th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 199 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Bobbie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 15 Historical Event(s)
- 763 BCAssyrians record a solar eclipse that is later used to fix the chronology of Mesopotamian history.
- 1184King Magnus V of Norway is killed at the Battle of Fimreite.
- 1776Delaware Separation Day – Delaware votes to suspend government under the British Crown and separate officially from Pennsylvania.
- 1846The Oregon Treaty establishes the 49th parallel as the border between the United States and Canada, from the Rocky Mountains to the Strait of Juan de Fuca.
- 1864Arlington National Cemetery is established when 200 acre around Arlington Mansion (formerly owned by Confederate General Robert E. Lee) are officially set aside as a military cemetery by U.S. Secretary of War Edwin M. Stanton.
- 1920Duluth lynchings in Minnesota.
- 1937A German expedition led by Karl Wien loses sixteen members in an avalanche on Nanga Parbat. It is the worst single disaster to occur on an 8000m peak.
- 1944World War II: Battle of Saipan: The United States invade Japanese-occupied Saipan.
- 1955The Eisenhower administration stages the first annual “Operation Alert” (OPAL) exercise, an attempt to assess the USA’s preparations for a nuclear attack.
- 1996The Provisional Irish Republican Army explodes a large bomb in the middle of Manchester, England.
Who were born on June 15?
- 1809François-Xavier Garneau, French-Canadian poet and historian (d. 1866)
- 1888Ramón López Velarde, Mexican poet (d. 1921)
- 1906Léon Degrelle, Belgian SS officer (d. 1994)
- 1943Poul Nyrup Rasmussen, Danish politician
- 1946Jack Horner, American paleontologist
- 1949Jim Varney, American actor (d. 2000)
- 1954James Belushi, American actor
- 1973Tore André Flo, Norwegian footballer
- 1981John Paintsil, Ghanaian footballer
- 1983Josh McGuire, Canadian fencer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.