June 15: Day of the Week
June 15, 2019 is the 166th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 199 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
June 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1389Battle of Kosovo: The Ottoman Empire defeats Serbs and Bosnians.
- 1520Pope Leo X threatens to excommunicate Martin Luther in papal bull Exsurge Domine.
- 1844Charles Goodyear receives a patent for vulcanization, a process to strengthen rubber.
- 1864American Civil War: The Second Battle of Petersburg begins.
- 1877Henry Ossian Flipper becomes the first African American cadet to graduate from the United States Military Academy.
- 1896The deadliest tsunami in Japan’s history kills more than 22,000 people.
- 1905Princess Margaret of Connaught marries Gustaf, Crown Prince of Sweden.
- 1913The Battle of Bud Bagsak in the Philippines ends.
- 1940World War II: Operation Ariel begins – Allied troops start to evacuate France, following Germany’s takeover of Paris and most of the nation.
- 1985Rembrandt’s painting Danaë is attacked by a man (later judged insane) who throws sulfuric acid on the canvas and cuts it twice with a knife.
Who were born on June 15?
- 1789Josiah Henson, American minister and abolitionist (d. 1883)
- 1916Herbert Simon, American economist, Nobel laureate (d. 2001)
- 1938Billy Williams, American baseball player
- 1946Noddy Holder, British singer (Slade)
- 1954Beverley Whitfield, Australian swimmer (d. 1996)
- 1954Paul Rusesabagina, Rwandan hotel manager and humanitarian
- 1969Maurice Odumbe, Kenyan cricketer
- 1977Michael Doleac, American basketball player
- 1977Nina Liu, Australian actress
- 1978Wilfred Bouma, Dutch footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.