June 16: Day of the Week
June 16, 2022 was the 167th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 198 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters COOAMZA? Check your answers here: Word solver COOAMZA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 16 Historical Event(s)
- 1586Mary, Queen of Scots, recognizes Philip II of Spain as her heir and successor.
- 1745Sir William Pepperell captures the French Fortress of Louisbourg in Louisbourg, Nova Scotia during the War of the Austrian Succession.
- 1774Foundation of Harrodsburg, Kentucky.
- 1846The Papal conclave of 1846 concludes. Pope Pius IX is elected Pope beginning the longest reign in the history of the papacy (not counting St. Peter).
- 1903The Ford Motor Company is incorporated.
- 1904Eugen Schauman assassinates Nikolai Bobrikov, Governor-General of Finland.
- 1911A 772 gram stony meteorite strikes the earth near Kilbourn, Wisconsin damaging a barn.
- 1933The National Industrial Recovery Act is passed.
- 1940A Communist government is installed in Lithuania.
- 1961Rudolf Nureyev defects from the Soviet Union.
Who were born on June 16?
- 1644Henrietta Anne Stuart, French-born Princess of Scotland, England and Ireland and Duchess of Orléans (d. 1670)
- 1723Adam Smith, Scottish philosopher and economist (d. 1790)
- 1890Stan Laurel, British actor and comedian (d. 1965)
- 1920Raymond U. Lemieux, Canadian organic chemist (d. 2002)
- 1966Jan Železný, Czech athlete
- 1971Tupac Shakur, American rapper and actor (d. 1996)
- 1977Petros Papadakis, American sportscaster
- 1980Brandon Armstrong, American basketball player
- 1984Jonathan Broxton, American baseball player
- 1987Diana DeGarmo, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.