June 16: Day of the Week
June 16, 2019 was the 167th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 198 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Robert’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 16 Historical Event(s)
- 1487Battle of Stoke Field, the final engagement of the Wars of the Roses.
- 1755French and Indian War: the French surrender Fort Beauséjour to the British, leading to the expulsion of the Acadians.
- 1815Battle of Ligny and Battle of Quatre Bras, two days before the Battle of Waterloo.
- 1858Abraham Lincoln delivers his House Divided speech in Springfield, Illinois.
- 1922General election in the Irish Free State: the pro-Treaty Sinn Féin win a large majority.
- 1930Sovnarkom establishes decree time in the USSR.
- 1933The National Industrial Recovery Act is passed.
- 1940World War II: Marshal Henri Philippe Pétain becomes Chief of State of Vichy France (Chef de l'État Français).
- 1976Soweto uprising: a non-violent march by 15,000 students in Soweto, South Africa turns into days of rioting when police open fire on the crowd.
- 1977Oracle Corporation is incorporated in Redwood Shores, California, as Software Development Laboratories (SDL) by Larry Ellison, Bob Miner and Ed Oates.
Who were born on June 16?
- 1801Julius Plücker, German mathematician and physicist (d. 1868)
- 1806Edward Davy, English physician, chemist and inventor (d. 1885)
- 1902Barbara McClintock, American geneticist, Nobel laureate (d. 1992)
- 1927Herbert Lichtenfeld, German author and playwright (d. 2001)
- 1935Jim Dine, American artist
- 1940Neil Goldschmidt, American Governor of Oregon
- 1967Charalambos Andreou, Greek-Cypriot footballer
- 1978Jasmine Leong, Chinese Malaysian singer
- 1981Ben Kweller, American singer and songwriter
- 1989Jelena Glebova, Estonian figure skater
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.