June 16: Day of the Week
June 16, 2020 was the 168th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 198 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QEZLJJQOOOIB? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters QEZLJJQOOOIB. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 16 Historical Event(s)
- 363Emperor Julian marches back up the Tigris and burns his fleet of supply ships. During the withdrawal Roman forces suffering several attacks from the Persians.
- 1745Sir William Pepperell captures the French Fortress of Louisbourg in Louisbourg, Nova Scotia during the War of the Austrian Succession.
- 1795First Battle of Groix otherwise known as “Cornwallis’ Retreat”.
- 1858The Battle of Morar takes place during the Indian Mutiny.
- 1903Roald Amundsen commences the first east-west navigation of the Northwest Passage, leaving Oslo, Norway.
- 1925The most famous Young Pioneer camp of the Soviet Union, Artek, is established.
- 1930Sovnarkom establishes decree time in the USSR.
- 1972Red Army Faction member Ulrike Meinhof is captured by police in Langenhagen.
- 1977Oracle Corporation is incorporated in Redwood Shores, California, as Software Development Laboratories (SDL) by Larry Ellison, Bob Miner and Ed Oates.
- 1997The Dairat Labguer massacre in Algeria; 50 people are killed.
Who were born on June 16?
- 1738Mary Katharine Goddard, American printer and publisher (d. 1816)
- 1826Constantin von Ettingshausen, Austrian geologist and botanist (d. 1897)
- 1917Katherine Graham, American publisher (d. 2001)
- 1927Tom Graveney, English cricketer
- 1951Roberto Durán, Panamanian boxer
- 1967Charalambos Andreou, Greek-Cypriot footballer
- 1980Phil Christophers, German-born English rugby player
- 1986Fernando Muslera, Uruguayan footballer
- 1986Urby Emanuelson, Dutch footballer
- 1987Diana DeGarmo, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.