June 16: Day of the Week
June 16, 2021 is the 167th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 198 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QUORPPECUR? Check your answers here: Words with these letters QUORPPECUR. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 16 Historical Event(s)
- 1755French and Indian War: the French surrender Fort Beauséjour to the British, leading to the expulsion of the Acadians.
- 1774Foundation of Harrodsburg, Kentucky.
- 1795First Battle of Groix otherwise known as “Cornwallis’ Retreat”.
- 1836The formation of the London Working Men’s Association gives rise to the Chartist Movement.
- 1858The Battle of Morar takes place during the Indian Mutiny.
- 1891John Abbott becomes Canada’s third Prime Minister.
- 1897A treaty annexing the Republic of Hawaii to the United States is signed; the Republic would not be dissolved until a year later.
- 1903Roald Amundsen commences the first east-west navigation of the Northwest Passage, leaving Oslo, Norway.
- 1911A 772 gram stony meteorite strikes the earth near Kilbourn, Wisconsin damaging a barn.
- 1940World War II: Marshal Henri Philippe Pétain becomes Chief of State of Vichy France (Chef de l'État Français).
Who were born on June 16?
- 1915John Tukey, American statistician (d. 2000)
- 1917Phaedon Gizikis, Greek Army officer and President of Greece (d. 1999)
- 1927Herbert Lichtenfeld, German author and playwright (d. 2001)
- 1930Vilmos Zsigmond, Hungarian-born American cinematographer
- 1940Neil Goldschmidt, American Governor of Oregon
- 1941Lamont Dozier, American record company executive
- 1972Simon Khan, English golfer
- 1980Daré Nibombé, Togolese footballer
- 1987Per Ciljan Skjelbred, Norwegian footballer
- 1989Jelena Glebova, Estonian figure skater
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.