June 16: Day of the Week
June 16, 2020 is the 168th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 198 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Genevieve’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 16 Historical Event(s)
- 1836The formation of the London Working Men’s Association gives rise to the Chartist Movement.
- 1871The University Tests Act allows students to enter the Universities of Oxford, Cambridge and Durham without religious tests (except for those intending to study theology).
- 1891John Abbott becomes Canada’s third Prime Minister.
- 1911A 772 gram stony meteorite strikes the earth near Kilbourn, Wisconsin damaging a barn.
- 1915Foundation of the British Women’s Institute.
- 1922General election in the Irish Free State: the pro-Treaty Sinn Féin win a large majority.
- 1961Rudolf Nureyev defects from the Soviet Union.
- 1972The largest single-site hydro-electric power project in Canada is inaugurated at Churchill Falls, Labrador.
- 1997The Dairat Labguer massacre in Algeria; 50 people are killed.
- 2000Israel complies with UN Security Council Resolution 425 after 22 years of it issuance, which calls on Israel to completely withdraw from Lebanon. Israel withdraws from all of Lebanon, except the disputed Shebaa Farms.
Who were born on June 16?
- 1591Joseph Solomon Delmedigo, Crete-born Italian physician, mathematician, and music theorist (d. 1655)
- 1801Julius Plücker, German mathematician and physicist (d. 1868)
- 1820Athanase Coquerel, French Protestant preacher (d. 1875)
- 1858King Gustaf V of Sweden (d. 1950)
- 1946Jodi Rell, American politician
- 1962Femi Kuti, Nigerian afrobeat musician
- 1966Jan Železný, Czech athlete
- 1982Fraser Cartmell, British triathlete
- 1984Rick Nash, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1988Leeland Mooring, American lead singer of the band Leeland
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.