June 18: Day of the Week
June 18, 2019 was the 169th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 196 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
June 18 Historical Event(s)
- 1178Five Canterbury monks see what is possibly the Giordano Bruno crater being formed. It is believed that the current oscillations of the Moon’s distance from the Earth (on the order of meters) are a result of this collision.
- 1830French invasion of Algeria
- 1858Charles Darwin receives a paper from Alfred Russel Wallace that includes nearly identical conclusions about evolution as Darwin’s own, prompting Darwin to publish his theory.
- 1923Checker Taxi puts its first taxi on the streets.
- 1930Groundbreaking ceremonies for the Franklin Institute are held.
- 1953A United States Air Force C-124 crashes and burns near Tokyo, Japan killing 129.
- 1965Vietnam War: The United States uses B-52 bombers to attack National Liberation Front guerrilla fighters in South Vietnam.
- 1979SALT II is signed by the United States and the Soviet Union.
- 1983Mona Mahmudnizhad together with nine other Bahá'í women, is sentenced to death and hanged in Shiraz, Iran because of her Bahá'í Faith.
- 1983Space Shuttle program: STS-7, Astronaut Sally Ride becomes the first American woman in space.
Who were born on June 18?
- 1812Ivan Goncharov, Russian author (d. 1891)
- 1877James Montgomery Flagg, American illustrator (d. 1960)
- 1910Ray McKinley, American jazz drummer and bandleader (d. 1995)
- 1926Tom Wicker, American journalist (d. 2011)
- 1935Hugh McColl, American banker
- 1937John D. Rockefeller IV, American politician
- 1947Linda Thorson, Canadian actress
- 1953Vladislav Terzyul, Ukrainian mountaineer (d. 2004)
- 1961Alison Moyet, English pop singer
- 1991Rei Okamoto, Japanese model and actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.