June 18: Day of the Week
June 18, 2021 was the 169th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 196 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EOUCNFK? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters EOUCNFK. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 18 Historical Event(s)
- 1757Battle of Kolín between Prussian forces under Frederick the Great and an Austrian army under the command of Field Marshal Count Leopold Joseph von Daun in the Seven Years’ War.
- 1815Napoleonic Wars: The Battle of Waterloo results in the defeat of Napoleon Bonaparte by the Duke of Wellington and Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher forcing him to abdicate the throne of France for the second and last time.
- 1830French invasion of Algeria
- 1928Aviator Amelia Earhart becomes the first woman to fly in an aircraft across the Atlantic Ocean (she is a passenger; Wilmer Stultz is the pilot and Lou Gordon the mechanic).
- 1935Police in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada clash with striking longshoremen, resulting in a total 60 injuries and 24 arrests.
- 1945William Joyce (Lord Haw-Haw) is charged with treason for his pro-German propaganda broadcasting during World War II.
- 1953The Egyptian Revolution of 1952 ends with the overthrow of the Muhammad Ali Dynasty and the declaration of the Republic of Egypt.
- 1965Vietnam War: The United States uses B-52 bombers to attack National Liberation Front guerrilla fighters in South Vietnam.
- 1994The Troubles: the Ulster Volunteer Force (UVF) open fire inside a pub in Loughinisland, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom, killing six civilians and wounding five.
- 1996Ted Kaczynski, suspected of being the Unabomber, is indicted on ten criminal counts.
Who were born on June 18?
- 1815Ludwig Freiherr von und zu der Tann-Rathsamhausen, German general (d. 1881)
- 1901Grand Duchess Anastasia Nicolaievna Romanova of Russia (d. 1918)
- 1918Franco Modigliani, Italian economist, Nobel laureate (d. 2003)
- 1939Jean-Claude Germain, French Canadian author, journalist and historian
- 1941Delia Smith, English cook and television presenter
- 1956Brian Benben, American actor
- 1958Peter Altmaier, German politician
- 1960Ralph Brown, British actor
- 1969Christopher Largen, American author
- 1979Yumiko Kobayashi, Japanese voice actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.