June 2: Day of the Week
June 2, 2020 is the 154th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 212 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Tanya’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1098First Crusade: The first Siege of Antioch ends as Crusader forces take the city. The second siege would later start on June 7.
- 1692Bridget Bishop is the first person to go to trial in the Salem witch trials in Salem, Massachusetts. Found guilty, she is hanged on June 10.
- 1774Intolerable Acts: The Quartering Act is enacted, allowing a governor in colonial America to house British soldiers in uninhabited houses, outhouses, barns, or other buildings if suitable quarters are not provided.
- 1855The Portland Rum Riot occurs in Portland, Maine.
- 1941World War II: German paratoopers murder Greek civilians in the village of Kondomari.
- 1953The coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, who is crowned Queen of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Her Other Realms and Territories & Head of the Commonwealth, the first major international event to be televised.
- 1955The USSR and Yugoslavia sign the Belgrade declaration and thus normalize relations between both countries, discontinued since 1948.
- 1966Surveyor program: Surveyor 1 lands in Oceanus Procellarum on the Moon, becoming the first U.S. spacecraft to soft land on another world.
- 1967Luis Monge is executed in Colorado’s gas chamber, in the last pre-Furman execution in the United States.
- 1979Pope John Paul II first official visit to his native Poland, becoming the first Pope to visit a Communist country.
Who were born on June 2?
- 926Murakami, Emperor of Japan (d. 967)
- 1838Grand Duchess Alexandra Petrovna (d. 1900)
- 1857Karl Adolph Gjellerup, Danish writer, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1919)
- 1920Johnny Speight, British television writer (d. 1998)
- 1941Jeff Winkless, American voice actor (d. 2006)
- 1953Craig Stadler, American golfer
- 1960Kyle Petty, American race car driver
- 1966Pedro Guerra, Spanish songwriter and singer
- 1970Andy McCollum, American football player
- 1970B-Real, American rapper (Cypress Hill)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.