June 2: Day of the Week
June 2, 2019 was the 153rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 212 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Rosalie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1855The Portland Rum Riot occurs in Portland, Maine.
- 1876Hristo Botev, a national revolutionary of Bulgaria, is killed in Stara Planina
- 1919Anarchists simultaneously set off bombs in eight separate U.S. cities.
- 1924U.S. President Calvin Coolidge signs the Indian Citizenship Act into law, granting citizenship to all Native Americans born within the territorial limits of the United States.
- 1946Birth of the Italian Republic: In a referendum, Italians vote to turn Italy from a monarchy into a Republic. After the referendum the king of Italy Umberto II di Savoia is exiled.
- 1953The coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, who is crowned Queen of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Her Other Realms and Territories & Head of the Commonwealth, the first major international event to be televised.
- 1967Protests in West Berlin against the arrival of the Shah of Iran turn into riots, during which Benno Ohnesorg is killed by a police officer. His death results in the founding of the terrorist group Movement 2 June.
- 1990The Lower Ohio Valley tornado outbreak spawns 66 confirmed tornadoes in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio, killing 12. Petersburg, Indiana, is the hardest-hit town in the outbreak, with 6 deaths.
- 2004Ken Jennings begins his 74-game winning streak on the syndicated game show Jeopardy!
- 2010Derrick Bird goes on a killing spree in Cumbria, killing 13 and injuring 11, see Cumbria shootings.
Who were born on June 2?
- 1915Walter Tetley, American voice actor (d. 1975)
- 1919Nat Mayer Shapiro, American painter (d. 2005)
- 1921Betty Freeman, American philanthropist and photographer (d. 2009)
- 1922Juan Antonio Bardem, Spanish director and screenwriter (d. 2002)
- 1934Johnny Carter, American doo wop singer (d. 2009)
- 1935Dimitri Kitsikis, Greek turkologist
- 1941Stacy Keach, American actor
- 1946Peter Sutcliffe, English serial killer
- 1968Jon Culshaw, British comedian
- 1983Brooke White, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.