June 2: Day of the Week
June 2, 2018 was the 153rd day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 212 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Gemini horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
June 2 Historical Event(s)
- 455Sack of Rome: Vandals enter Rome, and plunder the city for two weeks
- 1615First Récollet missionaries arrive at Quebec City, from Rouen, France.
- 1692Bridget Bishop is the first person to go to trial in the Salem witch trials in Salem, Massachusetts. Found guilty, she is hanged on June 10.
- 1763Pontiac’s Rebellion: At what is now Mackinaw City, Michigan, Chippewas capture Fort Michilimackinac by diverting the garrison’s attention with a game of lacrosse, then chasing a ball into the fort.
- 1805Napoleonic Wars: A Franco-Spanish fleet recaptures Diamond Rock, an uninhabited island at the entrance to the bay leading to Fort-de-France, from the British.
- 1919Anarchists simultaneously set off bombs in eight separate U.S. cities.
- 1924U.S. President Calvin Coolidge signs the Indian Citizenship Act into law, granting citizenship to all Native Americans born within the territorial limits of the United States.
- 1941World War II: German paratoopers murder Greek civilians in the village of Kondomari.
- 1962During the 1962 FIFA World Cup, police had to intervene multiple times in fights between Chilean and Italian players in one of the most violent games in football history.
- 1990The Lower Ohio Valley tornado outbreak spawns 66 confirmed tornadoes in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio, killing 12. Petersburg, Indiana, is the hardest-hit town in the outbreak, with 6 deaths.
Who were born on June 2?
- 1535Pope Leo XI (d. 1605)
- 1740Marquis de Sade, French author (d. 1814)
- 1917Heinz Sielmann, German photographer and filmmaker (d. 2006)
- 1937Robert Paul, Canadian figure skater
- 1941Stacy Keach, American actor
- 1965Jim Knipfel, American autobiographer and journalist
- 1971Anthony Montgomery, American actor
- 1974Matt Serra, American mixed martial artist
- 1976Queen 'Masenate Mohato Seeiso of Lesotho
- 1992Pajtim Kasami, Swiss footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.