June 2: Day of the Week
June 2, 2021 is the 153rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 212 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters JAYIVIALYIBRV? Check your answers here: Unscramble words JAYIVIALYIBRV. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 2 Historical Event(s)
- 455Sack of Rome: Vandals enter Rome, and plunder the city for two weeks
- 1763Pontiac’s Rebellion: At what is now Mackinaw City, Michigan, Chippewas capture Fort Michilimackinac by diverting the garrison’s attention with a game of lacrosse, then chasing a ball into the fort.
- 1774Intolerable Acts: The Quartering Act is enacted, allowing a governor in colonial America to house British soldiers in uninhabited houses, outhouses, barns, or other buildings if suitable quarters are not provided.
- 1855The Portland Rum Riot occurs in Portland, Maine.
- 1876Hristo Botev, a national revolutionary of Bulgaria, is killed in Stara Planina
- 1886U.S. President Grover Cleveland marries Frances Folsom in the White House, becoming the only president to wed in the executive mansion.
- 1946Birth of the Italian Republic: In a referendum, Italians vote to turn Italy from a monarchy into a Republic. After the referendum the king of Italy Umberto II di Savoia is exiled.
- 1967Luis Monge is executed in Colorado’s gas chamber, in the last pre-Furman execution in the United States.
- 1979Pope John Paul II first official visit to his native Poland, becoming the first Pope to visit a Communist country.
- 1999The Bhutan Broadcasting Service brings television transmissions to the Kingdom for the first time.
Who were born on June 2?
- 926Murakami, Emperor of Japan (d. 967)
- 1907Dorothy West, American writer (d. 1998)
- 1918Ruth Atkinson, American cartoonist (d. 1997)
- 1942Maree Cheatham, American actress
- 1944Marvin Hamlisch, American composer and musician
- 1955Chantal Hochuli, Swiss-born socialite
- 1972Wayne Brady, American actor and comedian
- 1976Martin Čech, Czech ice hockey player (d. 2007)
- 1978A.J. Styles, American professional wrestler
- 1989Steven Smith, Australian cricketer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.