June 2: Day of the Week
June 2, 2020 was the 154th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 212 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EURTATMLHKY? Check your answers here: Unscramble words EURTATMLHKY. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1793French Revolution: François Hanriot, leader of the Parisian National Guard, arrests 22 Girondists selected by Jean-Paul Marat, setting the stage for the Reign of Terror.
- 1835P. T. Barnum and his circus start their first tour of the United States.
- 1848The Slavic congress in Prague begins.
- 1909Alfred Deakin becomes Prime Minister of Australia for the third time.
- 1924U.S. President Calvin Coolidge signs the Indian Citizenship Act into law, granting citizenship to all Native Americans born within the territorial limits of the United States.
- 1941World War II: German paratoopers murder Greek civilians in the village of Kondomari.
- 1953The coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, who is crowned Queen of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Her Other Realms and Territories & Head of the Commonwealth, the first major international event to be televised.
- 1955The USSR and Yugoslavia sign the Belgrade declaration and thus normalize relations between both countries, discontinued since 1948.
- 1979Pope John Paul II first official visit to his native Poland, becoming the first Pope to visit a Communist country.
- 1990The Lower Ohio Valley tornado outbreak spawns 66 confirmed tornadoes in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio, killing 12. Petersburg, Indiana, is the hardest-hit town in the outbreak, with 6 deaths.
Who were born on June 2?
- 1838Grand Duchess Alexandra Petrovna (d. 1900)
- 1891Thurman Arnold, American attorney and jurist (d. 1969)
- 1920Johnny Speight, British television writer (d. 1998)
- 1922Charlie Sifford, American golfer
- 1952Gary Bettman, American National Hockey League commissioner
- 1953Craig Stadler, American golfer
- 1970B-Real, American rapper (Cypress Hill)
- 1971Jo Koy, Filipino-American comedian
- 1985Ana Cristina, American singer, composer, and actress
- 1988Sergio Agüero, Argentinian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.