June 2: Day of the Week
June 2, 2022 was the 153rd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 212 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ESOEFQEE? Check your answers here: Unscramble words ESOEFQEE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1098First Crusade: The first Siege of Antioch ends as Crusader forces take the city. The second siege would later start on June 7.
- 1774Intolerable Acts: The Quartering Act is enacted, allowing a governor in colonial America to house British soldiers in uninhabited houses, outhouses, barns, or other buildings if suitable quarters are not provided.
- 1793French Revolution: François Hanriot, leader of the Parisian National Guard, arrests 22 Girondists selected by Jean-Paul Marat, setting the stage for the Reign of Terror.
- 1805Napoleonic Wars: A Franco-Spanish fleet recaptures Diamond Rock, an uninhabited island at the entrance to the bay leading to Fort-de-France, from the British.
- 1848The Slavic congress in Prague begins.
- 1886U.S. President Grover Cleveland marries Frances Folsom in the White House, becoming the only president to wed in the executive mansion.
- 1896Guglielmo Marconi applies for a patent for his newest invention: the radio.
- 1990The Lower Ohio Valley tornado outbreak spawns 66 confirmed tornadoes in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio, killing 12. Petersburg, Indiana, is the hardest-hit town in the outbreak, with 6 deaths.
- 1997In Denver, Colorado, Timothy McVeigh is convicted on 15 counts of murder and conspiracy for his role in the 1995 bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- 2004Ken Jennings begins his 74-game winning streak on the syndicated game show Jeopardy!
Who were born on June 2?
- 1915Alexandru Nicolschi, Romanian communist (d. 1992)
- 1919Nat Mayer Shapiro, American painter (d. 2005)
- 1920Johnny Speight, British television writer (d. 1998)
- 1929Ken McGregor, Australian tennis player (d. 2007)
- 1950Joanna Gleason, Canadian actress and singer
- 1956Jan Lammers, Dutch racing driver
- 1968Beetlejuice, American radio personality
- 1969Cy Chadwick, English actor
- 1971Kateřina Jacques, Czech politician
- 1978Justin Long, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.