June 20: Day of the Week
June 20, 2021 is the 171st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 194 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EEUDZJKJ? Check your answers here: Word search EEUDZJKJ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 20: This Day in History
On leap years, this day usually marks the summer solstice in the northern hemisphere and the winter solstice in the southern hemisphere.
June 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1782The U.S. Congress adopts the Great Seal of the United States.
- 1862Barbu Catargiu, the Prime Minister of Romania, is assassinated.
- 1863American Civil War: West Virginia is admitted as the 35th U.S. state.
- 1877Alexander Graham Bell installs the world’s first commercial telephone service in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- 1900Boxer Rebellion: The Imperial Chinese Army begins a 55-day siege of the Legation Quarter in Beijing, China.
- 1943The Detroit Race Riot breaks out and continues for three more days.
- 1948Toast of the Town, later The Ed Sullivan Show, makes its television debut.
- 1990Asteroid Eureka is discovered.
- 1991The German Bundestag votes to move the capital from Bonn back to Berlin.
- 2003The WikiMedia Foundation is founded in St. Petersburg, Florida.
Who were born on June 20?
- 1566King Sigismund III Vasa of Poland (d. 1632)
- 1909Errol Flynn, Australian actor (d. 1959)
- 1947Dolores Brooks, American singer (the Crystals)
- 1960John Taylor, English musician (Duran Duran)
- 1969MaliVai Washington, American tennis player
- 1971Josh Kronfeld, New Zealander rugby union footballer
- 1971Josh Lucas, American actor
- 1972Alexis Alexoudis, Greek footballer
- 1980Carlo Festuccia, Italian rugby union footballer
- 1982Example (rapper), British rapper
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.