June 20: Day of the Week
June 20, 2018 was the 171st day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 194 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Gemini horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
June 20: This Day in History
On leap years, this day usually marks the summer solstice in the northern hemisphere and the winter solstice in the southern hemisphere.
June 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1756A British garrison is imprisoned in the Black Hole of Calcutta.
- 1782The U.S. Congress adopts the Great Seal of the United States.
- 1789Deputies of the French Third Estate take the Tennis Court Oath.
- 1862Barbu Catargiu, the Prime Minister of Romania, is assassinated.
- 1877Alexander Graham Bell installs the world’s first commercial telephone service in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- 1887Victoria Terminus, the busiest railway station in India, opens in Bombay.
- 1919150 die at the Teatro Yaguez fire, Mayagüez, Puerto Rico.
- 1921Workers of Buckingham and Carnatic Mills in the city of Chennai, India, begin a four-month strike.
- 1973Ezeiza massacre in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Snipers fire upon left-wing Peronists. At least 13 are killed and more than 300 are injured.
- 1982The Argentine base (Corbeta Uruguay) on Southern Thule surrenders to Royal Marine commandos in the final action of the Falklands War.
Who were born on June 20?
- 1583Jacob De la Gardie, Swedish soldier and statesman (d. 1652)
- 1717Jacques Saly, French sculptor (d. 1776)
- 1875Reginald Punnett, British geneticist (d. 1967)
- 1894Lloyd Hall, American chemist (d. 1971)
- 1915Dick Reynolds, Australian rules footballer and coach (d. 2002)
- 1937Jerry Keller, American pop singer and songwriter
- 1944Cheryl Holdridge, American actress (d. 2009)
- 1946Xanana Gusmão, President of East Timor
- 1954Miles O'Keeffe, American actor
- 1988Shefali Chowdhury, Welsh actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.