June 20: Day of the Week
June 20, 2020 is the 172nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 194 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Abel’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 20: This Day in History
On leap years, this day usually marks the summer solstice in the northern hemisphere and the winter solstice in the southern hemisphere.
June 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1214The University of Oxford receives its charter.
- 1685Monmouth Rebellion: James Scott, 1st Duke of Monmouth declares himself King of England at Bridgwater.
- 1840Samuel Morse receives the patent for the telegraph.
- 1877Alexander Graham Bell installs the world’s first commercial telephone service in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- 1919150 die at the Teatro Yaguez fire, Mayagüez, Puerto Rico.
- 1944Continuation war: the Soviet Union demands an unconditional surrender from Finland during the beginning of partially successful Vyborg–Petrozavodsk Offensive. The Finnish government refuses.
- 1963The so-called “red telephone” is established between the Soviet Union and the United States following the Cuban Missile Crisis.
- 1972Watergate scandal: An 18½-minute gap appears in the tape recording of the conversations between U.S. President Richard Nixon and his advisers regarding the recent arrests of his operatives while breaking into the Watergate complex.
- 1982The Argentine base (Corbeta Uruguay) on Southern Thule surrenders to Royal Marine commandos in the final action of the Falklands War.
- 1990Asteroid Eureka is discovered.
Who were born on June 20?
- 1819Jacques Offenbach, German-born French composer (d. 1880)
- 1905Lillian Hellman, American playwright (d. 1984)
- 1920Hans Gerschwiler, Swiss figure skater
- 1929Anne Weale, British writer (d. 2007)
- 1947Candy Clark, American actress
- 1947Dolores Brooks, American singer (the Crystals)
- 1964Pierfrancesco Chili, Italian motorcycle racer
- 1979Charlotte Hatherley, English guitarist (Ash)
- 1980Carlo Festuccia, Italian rugby union footballer
- 1985Matt Flynn, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.