June 20: Day of the Week
June 20, 2022 is the 171st day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 194 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters TQUUEPZW? Check your answers here: Word finder TQUUEPZW. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 20: This Day in History
On leap years, this day usually marks the summer solstice in the northern hemisphere and the winter solstice in the southern hemisphere.
June 20 Historical Event(s)
- 451Battle of Chalons: Flavius Aetius’ battles Attila the Hun. After the battle, which was inconclusive, Attila retreats, causing the Romans to interpret it as a victory.
- 1605After only three months as tsar, 16-year-old Feodor II of Russia is assassinated.
- 1652Tarhoncu Ahmet Paşa is appointed grand vezir of the Ottoman Empire.
- 1756A British garrison is imprisoned in the Black Hole of Calcutta.
- 1782The U.S. Congress adopts the Great Seal of the United States.
- 1863American Civil War: West Virginia is admitted as the 35th U.S. state.
- 1893Lizzie Borden is acquitted of the murders of her father and stepmother.
- 1895The Kiel Canal, crossing the base of the Jutland peninsula and the busiest artificial waterway in the world, is officially opened.
- 1944Continuation war: the Soviet Union demands an unconditional surrender from Finland during the beginning of partially successful Vyborg–Petrozavodsk Offensive. The Finnish government refuses.
- 1944World War II: The Battle of the Philippine Sea concludes with a decisive U.S. naval victory. The lopsided naval air battle is also known as the “Great Marianas Turkey Shoot”.
Who were born on June 20?
- 1583Jacob De la Gardie, Swedish soldier and statesman (d. 1652)
- 1717Jacques Saly, French sculptor (d. 1776)
- 1855Sir Richard Lodge, English historian (d. 1936)
- 1915Dick Reynolds, Australian rules footballer and coach (d. 2002)
- 1930Magdalena Abakanowicz, Polish artist
- 1952Larry Riley, American actor (d. 1992)
- 1969MaliVai Washington, American tennis player
- 1971Josh Lucas, American actor
- 1982Aleksei Berezutski, Russian footballer
- 1982Example (rapper), British rapper
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.