June 20: Day of the Week
June 20, 2020 was the 172nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 194 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Leslie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 20: This Day in History
On leap years, this day usually marks the summer solstice in the northern hemisphere and the winter solstice in the southern hemisphere.
June 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1652Tarhoncu Ahmet Paşa is appointed grand vezir of the Ottoman Empire.
- 1782The U.S. Congress adopts the Great Seal of the United States.
- 1787Oliver Ellsworth moves at the Federal Convention to call the government the United States.
- 1789Deputies of the French Third Estate take the Tennis Court Oath.
- 1893Lizzie Borden is acquitted of the murders of her father and stepmother.
- 1895The Kiel Canal, crossing the base of the Jutland peninsula and the busiest artificial waterway in the world, is officially opened.
- 1921Workers of Buckingham and Carnatic Mills in the city of Chennai, India, begin a four-month strike.
- 1959A rare June hurricane strikes Canada’s Gulf of St. Lawrence killing 35.
- 1963The so-called “red telephone” is established between the Soviet Union and the United States following the Cuban Missile Crisis.
- 1973Ezeiza massacre in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Snipers fire upon left-wing Peronists. At least 13 are killed and more than 300 are injured.
Who were born on June 20?
- 1469Gian Galeazzo Sforza, duke of Milan (d. 1494)
- 1485Astorre III Manfredi, lord of Faenza (d. 1502)
- 1889John S. Paraskevopoulos, Greek-South African astronomer (d. 1951)
- 1894Lloyd Hall, American chemist (d. 1971)
- 1915Terence Young, British film director (d. 1994)
- 1926Rehavam Ze'evi, Israeli general, politician, and historian who was assassinated (d. 2001)
- 1934Yuri Vizbor, Russian poet (d. 1984)
- 1952Larry Riley, American actor (d. 1992)
- 1958Chuck Wagner, American actor
- 1983Darren Sproles, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.