June 21: Day of the Week
June 21, 2019 is the 172nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 193 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Gemini horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
June 21: This Day in History
On non-leap years (until 2039), this day marks the summer solstice in the northern hemisphere and the winter solstice in the southern hemisphere, and is the day of the year with the most hours of daylight in the northern hemisphere and the least hours of daylight in the southern hemisphere.
June 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1307Külüg Khan is enthroned as Khagan of the Mongols and Wuzong of the Yuan.
- 1582Japanese daimyo Oda Nobunaga is forced to commit suicide in Honnō-ji, Kyoto.
- 1621Execution of 27 Czech noblemen on the Old Town Square in Prague as a consequence of the Battle of White Mountain.
- 1877The Molly Maguires, ten Irish immigrants convicted of murder, are hanged at the Schuylkill County and Carbon County, Pennsylvania prisons.
- 1898The United States captures Guam from Spain.
- 1900Boxer Rebellion. China formally declared war on the United States, Britain, Germany, France and Japan, as an edict issued from the Dowager Empress Cixi.
- 1942World War II: Tobruk falls to Italian and German forces.
- 1957Ellen Fairclough is sworn in as Canada’s first woman Cabinet Minister.
- 1964Three civil rights workers, Andrew Goodman, James Chaney and Mickey Schwerner, are murdered in Neshoba County, Mississippi, United States, by members of the Ku Klux Klan.
- 1977Bülent Ecevit, of CHP forms the new government of Turkey.
Who were born on June 21?
- 1764Sidney Smith, British Royal Navy admiral (d. 1840)
- 1839Joaquim Maria Machado de Assis, Brazilian writer (d. 1908)
- 1863Max Wolf, German astronomer (d. 1932)
- 1902Howie Morenz, Canadian professional ice hockey player (d. 1937)
- 1945Adam Zagajewski, Polish philosopher and poet
- 1945Philippe Sarde, French composer
- 1948Ian McEwan, English writer
- 1953Benazir Bhutto, Pakistani politician (d. 2007)
- 1965Larry Wachowski, American film director
- 1977Michael Gomez, Irish boxer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.