June 21: Day of the Week
June 21, 2021 is the 172nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 193 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters SOOSHDUQC? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters SOOSHDUQC. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 21: This Day in History
On non-leap years (until 2039), this day marks the summer solstice in the northern hemisphere and the winter solstice in the southern hemisphere, and is the day of the year with the most hours of daylight in the northern hemisphere and the least hours of daylight in the southern hemisphere.
June 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1307Külüg Khan is enthroned as Khagan of the Mongols and Wuzong of the Yuan.
- 1621Execution of 27 Czech noblemen on the Old Town Square in Prague as a consequence of the Battle of White Mountain.
- 1788New Hampshire ratifies the Constitution of the United States and is admitted as the 9th state in the United States.
- 1791King Louis XVI of France and his immediate family begin the Flight to Varennes during the French Revolution.
- 1813Peninsular War: Battle of Vitoria.
- 1915The U.S. Supreme Court hands down its decision in Guinn v. United States 238 US 347 1915, striking down an Oklahoma law denying the right to vote to some citizens.
- 1919Admiral Ludwig von Reuter scuttles the German fleet in Scapa Flow, Orkney. The nine sailors killed are the last casualties of World War I.
- 1930One-year conscription comes into force in France.
- 1940The first successful west-to-east navigation of Northwest Passage begins at Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- 1964Three civil rights workers, Andrew Goodman, James Chaney and Mickey Schwerner, are murdered in Neshoba County, Mississippi, United States, by members of the Ku Klux Klan.
Who were born on June 21?
- 1850Daniel Carter Beard, founder of the Boy Scouts of America (d. 1941)
- 1883Fyodor Gladkov, Russian writer (d. 1958)
- 1924Max McNab, Canadian ice hockey player and coach (d. 2007)
- 1925Maureen Stapleton, American actress (d. 2006)
- 1945Adam Zagajewski, Polish philosopher and poet
- 1946Trond Kirkvaag, Norwegian comedian and author
- 1947Michael Gross, American actor
- 1948Lionel Rose, Australian boxer
- 1950Joey Kramer, American drummer and percussionist (Aerosmith)
- 1952Kôichi Mashimo, Japanese anime director
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.