June 21: Day of the Week
June 21, 2022 is the 172nd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 193 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OUZCHAEISY? Check your answers here: Word scramble OUZCHAEISY. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 21: This Day in History
On non-leap years (until 2039), this day marks the summer solstice in the northern hemisphere and the winter solstice in the southern hemisphere, and is the day of the year with the most hours of daylight in the northern hemisphere and the least hours of daylight in the southern hemisphere.
June 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1307Külüg Khan is enthroned as Khagan of the Mongols and Wuzong of the Yuan.
- 1621Execution of 27 Czech noblemen on the Old Town Square in Prague as a consequence of the Battle of White Mountain.
- 1734In Montreal in New France, a slave known by the French name of Marie-Joseph Angélique is put to death, having been convicted of setting the fire that destroyed much of the city.
- 1791King Louis XVI of France and his immediate family begin the Flight to Varennes during the French Revolution.
- 1864New Zealand Land Wars: The Tauranga Campaign ends.
- 1919Admiral Ludwig von Reuter scuttles the German fleet in Scapa Flow, Orkney. The nine sailors killed are the last casualties of World War I.
- 1970Penn Central declares Section 77 bankruptcy, largest ever US corporate bankruptcy up to this date.
- 1982John Hinckley is found not guilty by reason of insanity for the attempted assassination of U.S. President Ronald Reagan.
- 2000Section 28 (of the Local Government Act 1988), outlawing the ‘promotion’of homosexuality in the United Kingdom, is repealed in Scotland with a 99 to 17 vote.
- 2001A federal grand jury in Alexandria, Virginia, indicts 13 Saudis and a Lebanese in the 1996 bombing of the Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia that killed 19 American servicemen.
Who were born on June 21?
- 1792Ferdinand Christian Baur, German theologian (d. 1860)
- 1863Max Wolf, German astronomer (d. 1932)
- 1926Conrad Hall, Tahitian-born American cinematographer (d. 2003)
- 1939Ruben Berrios, Puerto Rican politician
- 1944Ray Davies, English singer and songwriter (The Kinks)
- 1965Larry Wachowski, American film director
- 1978Rim'K, French rapper
- 1986Lana Del Rey, American singer-songwriter
- 1988Allyssa DeHaan, American collegiate basketball and volleyball player
- 1989Abubaker Kaki, Sudanese runner
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.