June 21: Day of the Week
June 21, 2021 was the 172nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 193 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OTAFKO? Check your answers here: Words with these letters OTAFKO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 21: This Day in History
On non-leap years (until 2039), this day marks the summer solstice in the northern hemisphere and the winter solstice in the southern hemisphere, and is the day of the year with the most hours of daylight in the northern hemisphere and the least hours of daylight in the southern hemisphere.
June 21 Historical Event(s)
- 217 BCThe Romans, led by Gaius Flaminius, are ambushed and defeated by Hannibal at the Battle of Lake Trasimene.
- 1582Japanese daimyo Oda Nobunaga is forced to commit suicide in Honnō-ji, Kyoto.
- 1734In Montreal in New France, a slave known by the French name of Marie-Joseph Angélique is put to death, having been convicted of setting the fire that destroyed much of the city.
- 1791King Louis XVI of France and his immediate family begin the Flight to Varennes during the French Revolution.
- 1864New Zealand Land Wars: The Tauranga Campaign ends.
- 1930One-year conscription comes into force in France.
- 1964Three civil rights workers, Andrew Goodman, James Chaney and Mickey Schwerner, are murdered in Neshoba County, Mississippi, United States, by members of the Ku Klux Klan.
- 1970Penn Central declares Section 77 bankruptcy, largest ever US corporate bankruptcy up to this date.
- 1973In handing down the decision in Miller v. California 413 US 15, the Supreme Court of the United States establishes the Miller Test for obscenity in U.S. law.
- 1982John Hinckley is found not guilty by reason of insanity for the attempted assassination of U.S. President Ronald Reagan.
Who were born on June 21?
- 1639Increase Mather, New England Puritan minister (d. 1723)
- 1759Alexander J. Dallas, American statesman and financier (d. 1817)
- 1892Reinhold Niebuhr, Protestant theologian (d. 1971)
- 1924Jean Laplanche, French psychoanalyst
- 1932O.C. Smith, American singer (d. 2001)
- 1939Ruben Berrios, Puerto Rican politician
- 1942Togo D. West, Jr., American attorney and public official
- 1970Pete Rock, American rapper and producer
- 1977Michael Gomez, Irish boxer
- 1990Pietro Baccolo, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.