June 21: Day of the Week
June 21, 2018 was the 172nd day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 193 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Gemini horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
June 21: This Day in History
On non-leap years (until 2039), this day marks the summer solstice in the northern hemisphere and the winter solstice in the southern hemisphere, and is the day of the year with the most hours of daylight in the northern hemisphere and the least hours of daylight in the southern hemisphere.
June 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1621Execution of 27 Czech noblemen on the Old Town Square in Prague as a consequence of the Battle of White Mountain.
- 1768James Otis, Jr. offends the King and Parliament in a speech to the Massachusetts General Court.
- 1791King Louis XVI of France and his immediate family begin the Flight to Varennes during the French Revolution.
- 1813Peninsular War: Battle of Vitoria.
- 1900Boxer Rebellion. China formally declared war on the United States, Britain, Germany, France and Japan, as an edict issued from the Dowager Empress Cixi.
- 1929An agreement brokered by U.S. Ambassador Dwight Whitney Morrow ends the Cristero War in Mexico.
- 1930One-year conscription comes into force in France.
- 1952The Philippine School of Commerce, through a republic act, is converted to Philippine College of Commerce, later to be the Polytechnic University of the Philippines.
- 1964Three civil rights workers, Andrew Goodman, James Chaney and Mickey Schwerner, are murdered in Neshoba County, Mississippi, United States, by members of the Ku Klux Klan.
- 2009Greenland assumes self-rule.
Who were born on June 21?
- 1828Ferdinand André Fouqué, French geologist (d. 1904)
- 1882Rockwell Kent, American painter, printmaker and illustrator (d. 1971)
- 1902Howie Morenz, Canadian professional ice hockey player (d. 1937)
- 1931Zlatko Grgić, Croatian animator (d. 1988)
- 1942Togo D. West, Jr., American attorney and public official
- 1945Adam Zagajewski, Polish philosopher and poet
- 1955Jean-Pierre Mader, French singer and songwriter
- 1960Kevin Harlan, American sportscaster
- 1967Derrick Coleman, American basketball player
- 1974Rob Kelly, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.