June 21: Day of the Week
June 21, 2021 is the 172nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 193 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters JDONUJOBUE? Check your answers here: Word finder JDONUJOBUE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 21: This Day in History
On non-leap years (until 2039), this day marks the summer solstice in the northern hemisphere and the winter solstice in the southern hemisphere, and is the day of the year with the most hours of daylight in the northern hemisphere and the least hours of daylight in the southern hemisphere.
June 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1788New Hampshire ratifies the Constitution of the United States and is admitted as the 9th state in the United States.
- 1813Peninsular War: Battle of Vitoria.
- 1824Greek War of Independence: Egyptian forces capture Psara in the Aegean Sea.
- 1826Maniots defeat Egyptians under Ibrahim Pasha in the Battle of Vergas.
- 1854The first Victoria Cross is awarded during the bombardment of Bomarsund in the Åland Islands.
- 1940France signs an armistice with Germany at Compiègne.
- 1940The first successful west-to-east navigation of Northwest Passage begins at Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- 1948Columbia Records introduces the long-playing record album in a public demonstration at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York, New York.
- 1957Ellen Fairclough is sworn in as Canada’s first woman Cabinet Minister.
- 1973In handing down the decision in Miller v. California 413 US 15, the Supreme Court of the United States establishes the Miller Test for obscenity in U.S. law.
Who were born on June 21?
- 1226King Boleslaus V of Poland (d. 1279)
- 1736Enoch Poor, American general in the Continental Army (d. 1780)
- 1774Daniel D. Tompkins, American politician (d. 1825)
- 1834Frans de Cort, Flemish writer (d. 1878)
- 1883Fyodor Gladkov, Russian writer (d. 1958)
- 1896Charles B. Momsen, American inventor (d. 1967)
- 1933Bernie Kopell, American actor
- 1940Mariette Hartley, American actress
- 1947Shirin Ebadi, Iranian lawyer, Nobel Peace Prize laureate
- 1985Byron Schammer, Australian rules footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.