June 21: Day of the Week
June 21, 2020 is the 173rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 193 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jonathan’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 21: This Day in History
On non-leap years (until 2039), this day marks the summer solstice in the northern hemisphere and the winter solstice in the southern hemisphere, and is the day of the year with the most hours of daylight in the northern hemisphere and the least hours of daylight in the southern hemisphere.
June 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1621Execution of 27 Czech noblemen on the Old Town Square in Prague as a consequence of the Battle of White Mountain.
- 1749Halifax, Nova Scotia, is founded.
- 1791King Louis XVI of France and his immediate family begin the Flight to Varennes during the French Revolution.
- 1864New Zealand Land Wars: The Tauranga Campaign ends.
- 1898The United States captures Guam from Spain.
- 1919Admiral Ludwig von Reuter scuttles the German fleet in Scapa Flow, Orkney. The nine sailors killed are the last casualties of World War I.
- 1919The Royal Canadian Mounted Police fire a volley into a crowd of unemployed war veterans, killing two, during the Winnipeg General Strike.
- 1942World War II: Tobruk falls to Italian and German forces.
- 1964Three civil rights workers, Andrew Goodman, James Chaney and Mickey Schwerner, are murdered in Neshoba County, Mississippi, United States, by members of the Ku Klux Klan.
- 2001A federal grand jury in Alexandria, Virginia, indicts 13 Saudis and a Lebanese in the 1996 bombing of the Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia that killed 19 American servicemen.
Who were born on June 21?
- 1528Maria of Spain, Holy Roman Empire Empress (d. 1603)
- 1639Increase Mather, New England Puritan minister (d. 1723)
- 1834Frans de Cort, Flemish writer (d. 1878)
- 1921Jean de Broglie, French politician (d. 1976)
- 1946Brenda Holloway, American singer and songwriter
- 1958Gennady Padalka, Russian cosmonaut
- 1978Rim'K, French rapper
- 1982Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, second in the line of succession to the British throne
- 1985Anthony Morelli, American football player
- 1991Gaël Kakuta, French footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.