June 21, 1919: Day of the Week
June 21, 1919 was the 172nd day of the year 1919 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 193 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
A person born on this day will be 104 years old today. If that same person saved a Dime every day starting at age 5, then by now that person has accumulated $3,625.60 today.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters NUIAFDCXE? Check your answers here: Word finder NUIAFDCXE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Here’s the June 1919 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1919 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Sheep is the mythical animal and Earth is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
June 21, 1919 Historical Event(s)
- 1919Admiral Ludwig von Reuter scuttles the German fleet in Scapa Flow, Orkney. The nine sailors killed are the last casualties of World War I.
- 1919The Royal Canadian Mounted Police fire a volley into a crowd of unemployed war veterans, killing two, during the Winnipeg General Strike.
Who were born on June 21, 1919?
- 1919Gérard Pelletier, French-Canadian journalist, politician, and diplomat (d. 1997)
- 1919Paolo Soleri, Italian-born American architect
- 1919Vladimir Simagin, Russian chess master (d. 1968)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.