June 21, 1942: Day of the Week
June 21, 1942 was the 172nd day of the year 1942 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 193 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
A person born on this day will be 80 years old today. If that same person saved a Penny every day starting at age 5, then by now that person has accumulated $274.05 today.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June 1942 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1942 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OMFUOPOS? Check your answers here: Word search OMFUOPOS. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Horse is the mythical animal and Water is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
June 21, 1942 Historical Event(s)
- 1942World War II: A Japanese submarine surfaces near the Columbia River in Oregon, firing 17 shells at nearby Fort Stevens in one of only a handful of attacks by the Japanese against the United States mainland.
- 1942World War II: Tobruk falls to Italian and German forces.
Who were born on June 21, 1942?
- 1942Dan Henning, American football player
- 1942Henry S. Taylor, American writer
- 1942Marjorie Margolies-Mezvinsky, American TV reporter and Congresswoman
- 1942Togo D. West, Jr., American attorney and public official
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.