June 22: Day of the Week
June 22, 2019 was the 173rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 192 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Tracy’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 22 Historical Event(s)
- 168 BCBattle of Pydna: Romans under Lucius Aemilius Paullus defeat and capture Macedonian King Perseus ending the Third Macedonian War.
- 1807In the Chesapeake–Leopard Affair, the British warship HMS Leopard attacks and boards the American frigate USS Chesapeake.
- 1813War of 1812: After learning of American plans for a surprise attack on Beaver Dams in Ontario, Laura Secord sets out on a 30 kilometer journey on foot to warn Lieutenant James FitzGibbon.
- 1839Cherokee leaders Major Ridge, John Ridge, and Elias Boudinot are assassinated for signing the Treaty of New Echota, which had resulted in the Trail of Tears.
- 1893The Royal Navy battleship HMS Camperdown accidentally rams the British Mediterranean Fleet flagship HMS Victoria which sinks taking 358 crew with her, including the fleet’s commander, Vice-Admiral Sir George Tryon.
- 1922Herrin massacre: 19 strikebreakers and 2 union miners are killed in Herrin, Illinois.
- 1941Germany invades the Soviet Union in Operation Barbarossa.
- 1941The June Uprising in Lithuania begins.
- 1945World War II: The Battle of Okinawa ends when the organized resistance of Imperial Japanese Army forces collapses in the Mabuni area on the southern tip of the main island.
- 1984Virgin Atlantic Airways launches with its first flight from London Heathrow Airport.
Who were born on June 22?
- 1757George Vancouver, British explorer (d. 1798)
- 1885Milan Vidmar, Slovenian engineer and chess player (d. 1962)
- 1898Erich Maria Remarque, German writer (d. 1970)
- 1913Sándor Weöres, Hungarian poet (d. 1989)
- 1932Amrish Puri, Indian actor (d. 2005)
- 1944Peter Asher, British singer, guitarist and producer (Peter & Gordon)
- 1954Freddie Prinze, American actor and comedian (d. 1977)
- 1958Bruce Campbell, American actor
- 1962Stephen Chow, Hong Kong actor and director
- 1979Brad Hawpe, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.