June 22: Day of the Week
June 22, 2021 is the 173rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 192 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OFIHZARIMLO? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters OFIHZARIMLO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1593Battle of Sisak: Allied Christian troops defeat the Turks.
- 1839Cherokee leaders Major Ridge, John Ridge, and Elias Boudinot are assassinated for signing the Treaty of New Echota, which had resulted in the Trail of Tears.
- 1848Beginning of the June Days Uprising in Paris, France.
- 1898Spanish–American War: United States Marines land in Cuba.
- 1907The London Underground’s Charing Cross, Euston and Hampstead Railway opens.
- 1918The Hammond Circus Train Wreck kills 86 and injures 127 near Hammond, Indiana.
- 1944Opening day of the Soviet Union’s Operation Bagration against the Army Group Centre.
- 1957The Soviet Union launches an R-12 missile for the first time (in the Kapustin Yar).
- 1969The Cuyahoga River catches fire, triggering a crack-down on pollution in the river.
- 2009Washington Metro train collision: Two Metro trains collide in Washington, D.C., USA, killing nine and injuring over 80.
Who were born on June 22?
- 1927Ann Petersen, Belgian actress (d. 2003)
- 1933Jacques Martin, French TV host (d. 2007)
- 1953Cyndi Lauper, American singer
- 1955Green Gartside, Welsh singer and songwriter (Scritti Politti)
- 1956Manuel Saval, Mexican actor (d. 2009)
- 1959Mike O'Meara, American radio personality
- 1964Amy Brenneman, American actress
- 1965Uwe Boll, German film director
- 1971Kurt Warner, American football player
- 1985Rosa Kato, Italian-Japanese model and actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.