June 22: Day of the Week
June 22, 2021 was the 173rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 192 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters XEEGYHEM? Check your answers here: Word scramble XEEGYHEM. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1633The Holy Office in Rome forces Galileo Galilei to recant his view that the Sun, not the Earth, is the center of the Universe.
- 1774The British pass the Quebec Act, setting out rules of governance for the colony of Quebec in British North America.
- 1813War of 1812: After learning of American plans for a surprise attack on Beaver Dams in Ontario, Laura Secord sets out on a 30 kilometer journey on foot to warn Lieutenant James FitzGibbon.
- 1897British colonial officers Charles Walter Rand and Lt. Charles Egerton Ayerst are assassinated in Pune, Maharashtra, India by the Chapekar brothers and Mahadeo Vinayak Ranade, who are later caught and hanged.
- 1906The flag of Sweden is adopted.
- 1944Opening day of the Soviet Union’s Operation Bagration against the Army Group Centre.
- 1944U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs into law the Servicemen’s Readjustment Act of 1944, commonly known as the G.I. Bill.
- 1957The Soviet Union launches an R-12 missile for the first time (in the Kapustin Yar).
- 2003The largest hailstone ever recorded falls in Aurora, Nebraska
- 2009Washington Metro train collision: Two Metro trains collide in Washington, D.C., USA, killing nine and injuring over 80.
Who were born on June 22?
- 1887Julian Huxley, British biologist (d. 1975)
- 1959Mike O'Meara, American radio personality
- 1965Ľubomír Moravčík, Slovak footballer
- 1971Kambri Crews, American writer
- 1974Donald Faison, American actor
- 1976Gordon Moakes, English musician (Bloc Party)
- 1979Brad Hawpe, American baseball player
- 1987Cory Gunz, American rapper
- 1987Lee Min Ho, Korean actor
- 1993Ingmar Lazar, French classical pianist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.