June 22: Day of the Week
June 22, 2021 is the 173rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 192 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ISFAAPI? Check your answers here: Words with these letters ISFAAPI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1633The Holy Office in Rome forces Galileo Galilei to recant his view that the Sun, not the Earth, is the center of the Universe.
- 1807In the Chesapeake–Leopard Affair, the British warship HMS Leopard attacks and boards the American frigate USS Chesapeake.
- 1813War of 1812: After learning of American plans for a surprise attack on Beaver Dams in Ontario, Laura Secord sets out on a 30 kilometer journey on foot to warn Lieutenant James FitzGibbon.
- 1848Beginning of the June Days Uprising in Paris, France.
- 1897British colonial officers Charles Walter Rand and Lt. Charles Egerton Ayerst are assassinated in Pune, Maharashtra, India by the Chapekar brothers and Mahadeo Vinayak Ranade, who are later caught and hanged.
- 1942Erwin Rommel is promoted to Field Marshal after the capture of Tobruk.
- 1944Opening day of the Soviet Union’s Operation Bagration against the Army Group Centre.
- 1944U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs into law the Servicemen’s Readjustment Act of 1944, commonly known as the G.I. Bill.
- 1984Virgin Atlantic Airways launches with its first flight from London Heathrow Airport.
- 2002An earthquake measuring 6.5 Mw strikes a region of northwestern Iran killing at least 261 people and injuring 1,300 others and eventually causing widespread public anger due to the slowness of the victims receiving aid and supplies.
Who were born on June 22?
- 1680Ebenezer Erskine, Scottish religious dissenter (d. 1754)
- 1898Erich Maria Remarque, German writer (d. 1970)
- 1907Mike Todd, American film producer (d. 1958)
- 1954Freddie Prinze, American actor and comedian (d. 1977)
- 1956Markus Schatte, German football coach
- 1957Kevin Bond, Former English footballer, current manager
- 1971Kurt Warner, American football player
- 1979Joey Cheek, American speed skater
- 1984Jerome Taylor, Jamaican cricketer
- 1989Jung Yong Hwa, Korean actor and singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.