June 22: Day of the Week
June 22, 2019 is the 173rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 192 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Cancer horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
June 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1633The Holy Office in Rome forces Galileo Galilei to recant his view that the Sun, not the Earth, is the center of the Universe.
- 1807In the Chesapeake–Leopard Affair, the British warship HMS Leopard attacks and boards the American frigate USS Chesapeake.
- 1897British colonial officers Charles Walter Rand and Lt. Charles Egerton Ayerst are assassinated in Pune, Maharashtra, India by the Chapekar brothers and Mahadeo Vinayak Ranade, who are later caught and hanged.
- 1907The London Underground’s Charing Cross, Euston and Hampstead Railway opens.
- 1918The Hammond Circus Train Wreck kills 86 and injures 127 near Hammond, Indiana.
- 1941Germany invades the Soviet Union in Operation Barbarossa.
- 1941The June Uprising in Lithuania begins.
- 1969The Cuyahoga River catches fire, triggering a crack-down on pollution in the river.
- 1978Charon, a satellite of the dwarf planet Pluto, is discovered by American astronomer James W. Christy.
- 2009Eastman Kodak Company announces that it will discontinue sales of the Kodachrome Color Film, concluding its 74-year run as a photography icon.
Who were born on June 22?
- 1856H. Rider Haggard, English writer (d. 1925)
- 1897Edmund A. Chester, American broadcaster and journalist (d. 1973)
- 1907Mike Todd, American film producer (d. 1958)
- 1912Princess Caroline Mathilde of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (d. 1983)
- 1939Don Matthews, American football coach
- 1944Klaus Maria Brandauer, Austrian actor
- 1947Howard Kaylan, American singer (The Turtles, Flo & Eddie)
- 1956Markus Schatte, German football coach
- 1962Gerald Hillringhaus, German footballer
- 1978Jai Rodriguez, American TV personality
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.