June 22: Day of the Week
June 22, 2021 was the 173rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 192 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters GKQOUPYOOGT? Check your answers here: Word scramble GKQOUPYOOGT. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 22 Historical Event(s)
- 217 BCBattle of Raphia: Ptolemy IV Philopator of Egypt defeats Antiochus III the Great of the Seleucid kingdom.
- 1593Battle of Sisak: Allied Christian troops defeat the Turks.
- 1839Cherokee leaders Major Ridge, John Ridge, and Elias Boudinot are assassinated for signing the Treaty of New Echota, which had resulted in the Trail of Tears.
- 1898Spanish–American War: United States Marines land in Cuba.
- 1907The London Underground’s Charing Cross, Euston and Hampstead Railway opens.
- 1911George V and Mary of Teck are crowned King and Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
- 1918The Hammond Circus Train Wreck kills 86 and injures 127 near Hammond, Indiana.
- 1941The June Uprising in Lithuania begins.
- 1942Erwin Rommel is promoted to Field Marshal after the capture of Tobruk.
- 1944U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs into law the Servicemen’s Readjustment Act of 1944, commonly known as the G.I. Bill.
Who were born on June 22?
- 1845Tom Dula, American folk character (d. 1868)
- 1879Thibaudeau Rinfret, Canadian jurist (d. 1962)
- 1906Billy Wilder, Austrian-born American film director (d. 2002)
- 1913Sándor Weöres, Hungarian poet (d. 1989)
- 1921Joseph Papp, American director and producer (d. 1991)
- 1959Nicola Sirkis, French singer and lyricist (Indochine)
- 1964Amy Brenneman, American actress
- 1978Jai Rodriguez, American TV personality
- 1987Lee Min Ho, Korean actor
- 1988Portia Doubleday, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.