June 24: Day of the Week
June 24, 2019 is the 175th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 190 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
June 24 Historical Event(s)
- 1340Hundred Years’ War: Battle of Sluys – The French fleet is almost destroyed by the English Fleet commanded in person by King Edward III.
- 1509Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon are crowned King and Queen of England.
- 1604Samuel de Champlain discovers the mouth of the Saint John River, site of Reversing Falls and the present day city of Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada.
- 1622Battle of Macau: The Dutch attempt but fail to capture Macau.
- 1793The first Republican constitution in France is adopted.
- 1866Battle of Custoza: an Austrian army defeats the Italian army during the Austro-Prussian War.
- 1913Greece and Serbia annul their alliance with Bulgaria.
- 1963The United Kingdom grants Zanzibar internal self-government.
- 1981The Humber Bridge is opened to traffic, connecting Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. It would be the world’s longest single-span suspension bridge for 17 years.
- 2002The Igandu train disaster in Tanzania kills 281, the worst train accident in African history.
Who were born on June 24?
- 1782Juan Larrea, Argentine businessman, member of the Primera Junta (d. 1847)
- 1882Carl Diem, German Olympic official (d. 1962)
- 1888Gerrit Rietveld, Dutch architect (d. 1964)
- 1897Daniel K. Ludwig, American shipping magnate (d. 1992)
- 1913Gustaaf Deloor, Belgian cyclist (d. 2002)
- 1945Wayne Cashman, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1950Mercedes Lackey, American fantasy writer
- 1960Karin Pilsäter, Swedish politician
- 1961Iain Glen, Scottish actor
- 1984J. J. Redick, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.