June 24: Day of the Week
June 24, 2020 is the 176th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 190 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Mia’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 24 Historical Event(s)
- 637The Battle of Moira is fought between the High King of Ireland and the Kings of Ulster and Dalriada. It is the largest battle in the history of Ireland.
- 1604Samuel de Champlain discovers the mouth of the Saint John River, site of Reversing Falls and the present day city of Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada.
- 1622Battle of Macau: The Dutch attempt but fail to capture Macau.
- 1793The first Republican constitution in France is adopted.
- 1813Battle of Beaver Dams: a British and Indian combined force defeats the United States Army.
- 1916Mary Pickford becomes the first female film star to sign a million dollar contract.
- 1918First airmail service in Canada from Montreal to Toronto.
- 1948Start of the Berlin Blockade: the Soviet Union makes overland travel between West Germany and West Berlin impossible.
- 1957In Roth v. United States, the U.S. Supreme Court rules that obscenity is not protected by the First Amendment.
- 2002The Igandu train disaster in Tanzania kills 281, the worst train accident in African history.
Who were born on June 24?
- 1860Mercedes of Orleans, Queen of Spain (d. 1878)
- 1900Wilhelm Cauer, German mathematician (d. 1945)
- 1908Alfons Rebane, Estonian military officer (d. 1976)
- 1947Peter Weller, American actor
- 1977Jeff Farmer, Australian footballer
- 1978Ariel Pink, American recording artist
- 1978Shunsuke Nakamura, Japanese footballer
- 1985Diego Alves Carreira, Brazilian footballer
- 1985Yukina Shirakawa, Japanese gravure idol
- 1986Stuart Broad, English cricketer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.