June 24: Day of the Week
June 24, 2021 was the 175th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 190 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters MVIUQIGWHALK? Check your answers here: Word solver MVIUQIGWHALK. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 24 Historical Event(s)
- 637The Battle of Moira is fought between the High King of Ireland and the Kings of Ulster and Dalriada. It is the largest battle in the history of Ireland.
- 1571Miguel Lopez de Legazpi founds Manila, the capital of the Republic of the Philippines.
- 1779American Revolutionary War: The Great Siege of Gibraltar begins.
- 1821The Battle of Carabobo takes place. It is the decisive battle in the war of independence of Venezuela from Spain.
- 1918First airmail service in Canada from Montreal to Toronto.
- 1939Siam is renamed Thailand by Plaek Pibulsonggram, the country’s third prime minister.
- 1963The United Kingdom grants Zanzibar internal self-government.
- 1975An Eastern Air Lines Boeing 727 crashes at John F. Kennedy Airport, New York. 113 people die.
- 1981The Humber Bridge is opened to traffic, connecting Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. It would be the world’s longest single-span suspension bridge for 17 years.
- 2002The Igandu train disaster in Tanzania kills 281, the worst train accident in African history.
Who were born on June 24?
- 1869Prince George of Greece and Denmark (d. 1957)
- 1904Phil Harris, American singer, songwriter and comedian (d. 1995)
- 1934Jean-Pierre Ferland, Canadian singer
- 1967John Limniatis, Greek-Canadian footballer
- 1967Richard Z. Kruspe, German guitarist (Rammstein)
- 1974Chris Guccione American baseball umpire
- 1975Federico Pucciariello, Argentine-born Italian rugby player
- 1978Juan Román Riquelme, Argentine footballer
- 1982Kevin Nolan, English footballer
- 1985Diego Alves Carreira, Brazilian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.