June 24: Day of the Week
June 24, 2020 was the 176th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 190 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters BYMITNERIW? Check your answers here: Word search BYMITNERIW. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 24 Historical Event(s)
- 1340Hundred Years’ War: Battle of Sluys – The French fleet is almost destroyed by the English Fleet commanded in person by King Edward III.
- 1374A sudden outbreak of St. John’s Dance causes people in the streets of Aachen, Germany, to experience hallucinations and begin to jump and twitch uncontrollably until they collapse from exhaustion.
- 1622Battle of Macau: The Dutch attempt but fail to capture Macau.
- 1793The first Republican constitution in France is adopted.
- 1894Marie Francois Sadi Carnot is assassinated by Sante Geronimo Caserio.
- 1916World War I: the Battle of the Somme begins with a week-long artillery bombardment on the German Line.
- 1918First airmail service in Canada from Montreal to Toronto.
- 1939Siam is renamed Thailand by Plaek Pibulsonggram, the country’s third prime minister.
- 1948Start of the Berlin Blockade: the Soviet Union makes overland travel between West Germany and West Berlin impossible.
- 1957In Roth v. United States, the U.S. Supreme Court rules that obscenity is not protected by the First Amendment.
Who were born on June 24?
- 1533Robert Dudley, 1st Earl of Leicester (d. 1588)
- 1804Willard Richards, American religious leader (d. 1854)
- 1883Victor Franz Hess, Austrian-born physicist, Nobel laureate (d. 1964)
- 1916William B. Saxbe, American politician (d. 2010)
- 1933Sam Jones, American basketball player
- 1960Siedah Garrett, American singer
- 1977Jeff Farmer, Australian footballer
- 1983Rebecca Cooke, British swimmer
- 1984Andrea Raggi, Italian footballer
- 1986Stuart Broad, English cricketer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.