June 24: Day of the Week
June 24, 2019 was the 175th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 190 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Enrique’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 24 Historical Event(s)
- 109Roman emperor Trajan inaugurates the Aqua Traiana, an aqueduct that channels water from Lake Bracciano, 40 km north-west of Rome.
- 637The Battle of Moira is fought between the High King of Ireland and the Kings of Ulster and Dalriada. It is the largest battle in the history of Ireland.
- 1374A sudden outbreak of St. John’s Dance causes people in the streets of Aachen, Germany, to experience hallucinations and begin to jump and twitch uncontrollably until they collapse from exhaustion.
- 1622Battle of Macau: The Dutch attempt but fail to capture Macau.
- 1717The Premier Grand Lodge of England, the first Masonic Grand Lodge in the world (now the United Grand Lodge of England), is founded in London, England.
- 1812Napoleonic Wars: Napoleon’s Grande Armée crosses the Neman River beginning the invasion of Russia.
- 1859Battle of Solferino (Battle of the Three Sovereigns): Sardinia and France defeat Austria in Solferino, northern Italy.
- 1913Greece and Serbia annul their alliance with Bulgaria.
- 1939Siam is renamed Thailand by Plaek Pibulsonggram, the country’s third prime minister.
- 1957In Roth v. United States, the U.S. Supreme Court rules that obscenity is not protected by the First Amendment.
Who were born on June 24?
- 1869Prince George of Greece and Denmark (d. 1957)
- 1883Victor Franz Hess, Austrian-born physicist, Nobel laureate (d. 1964)
- 1906Pierre Fournier, French cellist (d. 1986)
- 1940Vittorio Storaro, Italian Cinematographer
- 1941Julia Kristeva, Bulgarian-French philosopher, psychoanalyst and novelist
- 1947Mick Fleetwood, English drummer (Fleetwood Mac)
- 1952Stephen Pusey, British public artist
- 1967Bill Huard, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1984Andrea Raggi, Italian footballer
- 1988Nichkhun Horvejkul, Thai-American singer active in South Korea (2PM)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.