June 24: Day of the Week
June 24, 2019 was the 175th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 190 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
June 24 Historical Event(s)
- 109Roman emperor Trajan inaugurates the Aqua Traiana, an aqueduct that channels water from Lake Bracciano, 40 km north-west of Rome.
- 972Battle of Cedynia, the first documented victory of Polish forces, takes place.
- 1374A sudden outbreak of St. John’s Dance causes people in the streets of Aachen, Germany, to experience hallucinations and begin to jump and twitch uncontrollably until they collapse from exhaustion.
- 1535The Anabaptist state of Münster is conquered and disbanded.
- 1571Miguel Lopez de Legazpi founds Manila, the capital of the Republic of the Philippines.
- 1597The first Dutch voyage to the East Indies reaches Bantam (on Java).
- 1604Samuel de Champlain discovers the mouth of the Saint John River, site of Reversing Falls and the present day city of Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada.
- 1821The Battle of Carabobo takes place. It is the decisive battle in the war of independence of Venezuela from Spain.
- 1866Battle of Custoza: an Austrian army defeats the Italian army during the Austro-Prussian War.
- 1916World War I: the Battle of the Somme begins with a week-long artillery bombardment on the German Line.
Who were born on June 24?
- 1694Jean-Jacques Burlamaqui, Swiss political theorist (d. 1748)
- 1882Athanase David, Canadian politician and businessman (d. 1953)
- 1923Margaret Olley, Australian artist (d. 2011)
- 1924Brian Bevan, Australian rugby league footballer (d. 1991)
- 1938Lawrence Block, American writer
- 1974Chris Guccione American baseball umpire
- 1975Carla Gallo, American actress
- 1980Andrew Jones, Australian racing driver
- 1983Rebecca Cooke, British swimmer
- 1986Solange Knowles, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.