June 24: Day of the Week
June 24, 2021 is the 175th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 190 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UBUOZTEM? Check your answers here: Word scramble UBUOZTEM. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 24 Historical Event(s)
- 1340Hundred Years’ War: Battle of Sluys – The French fleet is almost destroyed by the English Fleet commanded in person by King Edward III.
- 1374A sudden outbreak of St. John’s Dance causes people in the streets of Aachen, Germany, to experience hallucinations and begin to jump and twitch uncontrollably until they collapse from exhaustion.
- 1509Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon are crowned King and Queen of England.
- 1622Battle of Macau: The Dutch attempt but fail to capture Macau.
- 1793The first Republican constitution in France is adopted.
- 1821The Battle of Carabobo takes place. It is the decisive battle in the war of independence of Venezuela from Spain.
- 1859Battle of Solferino (Battle of the Three Sovereigns): Sardinia and France defeat Austria in Solferino, northern Italy.
- 1894Marie Francois Sadi Carnot is assassinated by Sante Geronimo Caserio.
- 1913Greece and Serbia annul their alliance with Bulgaria.
- 1975An Eastern Air Lines Boeing 727 crashes at John F. Kennedy Airport, New York. 113 people die.
Who were born on June 24?
- 1386Giovanni da Capistrano, Italian saint (d. 1456)
- 1795Ernst Heinrich Weber, German anatomist and physiologist (d. 1878)
- 1882Athanase David, Canadian politician and businessman (d. 1953)
- 1941Erkin Koray, Turkish rock musician
- 1950Mercedes Lackey, American fantasy writer
- 1951David Rodigan, Germany-born British radio DJ and actor
- 1965Uwe Krupp, German ice hockey player
- 1979Mindy Kaling, American actress and TV producer
- 1980Andrew Jones, Australian racing driver
- 1987Serdar Güneş, Turkish footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.