June 24: Day of the Week
June 24, 2018 was the 175th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 190 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Cancer horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
June 24 Historical Event(s)
- 109Roman emperor Trajan inaugurates the Aqua Traiana, an aqueduct that channels water from Lake Bracciano, 40 km north-west of Rome.
- 972Battle of Cedynia, the first documented victory of Polish forces, takes place.
- 1314First War of Scottish Independence: the Battle of Bannockburn concludes with a decisive victory by Scottish forces led by Robert the Bruce, though England did not recognize Scottish independence until 1328 with the signing of the Treaty of Edinburgh-Northampton.
- 1597The first Dutch voyage to the East Indies reaches Bantam (on Java).
- 1604Samuel de Champlain discovers the mouth of the Saint John River, site of Reversing Falls and the present day city of Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada.
- 1717The Premier Grand Lodge of England, the first Masonic Grand Lodge in the world (now the United Grand Lodge of England), is founded in London, England.
- 1793The first Republican constitution in France is adopted.
- 1866Battle of Custoza: an Austrian army defeats the Italian army during the Austro-Prussian War.
- 1918First airmail service in Canada from Montreal to Toronto.
- 2002The Igandu train disaster in Tanzania kills 281, the worst train accident in African history.
Who were born on June 24?
- 1244Henry I of Hesse (d. 1308)
- 1704Jean-Baptiste de Boyer, Marquis d'Argens, French writer (d. 1771)
- 1882Athanase David, Canadian politician and businessman (d. 1953)
- 1904Phil Harris, American singer, songwriter and comedian (d. 1995)
- 1908Alfons Rebane, Estonian military officer (d. 1976)
- 1940Vittorio Storaro, Italian Cinematographer
- 1942Michele Lee, American actress
- 1947Peter Weller, American actor
- 1949John Illsley, English bassist (Dire Straits)
- 1987Lionel Messi, Argentine footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.