June 25: Day of the Week
June 25, 2019 was the 176th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 189 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Ella’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 25 Historical Event(s)
- 524The Franks defeat the Burgundians in the Battle of Vézeronce.
- 1935Diplomatic relations between the Soviet Union and Colombia are established.
- 1944The final page of the comic Krazy Kat was published, exactly two months after its author George Herriman died.
- 1947The Diary of a Young Girl (better known as The Diary of Anne Frank) is published.
- 1948The Berlin airlift begins.
- 1967Broadcasting of the first live global satellite television program: Our World
- 1975The State of Emergency is declared in India.
- 1976Missouri Governor Kit Bond issues an executive order rescinding the Extermination Order, formally apologizing on behalf of the state of Missouri for the suffering it had caused to the members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
- 1997An unmanned Progress spacecraft collides with the Russian space station Mir.
- 2006Gilad Shalit, an Israeli soldier, is kidnapped by Palestinian militants in a cross-border raid from the Israeli territory.
Who were born on June 25?
- 1328William Montacute, 2nd Earl of Salisbury, English military leader (d. 1397)
- 1900Louis Mountbatten, 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma, British Viceroy of India (d. 1979)
- 1940A.J. Quinnell, British writer (d. 2005)
- 1950Nitza Saul, Israeli actress Jean and Marc V. La Banca (twins)
- 1959Paris Themmen, American actor
- 1964Greg Raymer, American professional poker player
- 1969Matt Gallant, American television host
- 1973Milan Hnilička, Czech ice hockey player
- 1978Luke Scott, American baseball player
- 1983Todd Cooper, English swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.