June 27: Day of the Week
June 27, 2019 was the 178th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 187 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Brandy’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 27 Historical Event(s)
- 1709Peter the Great defeats Charles XII of Sweden at the Battle of Poltava.
- 1898The first solo circumnavigation of the globe is completed by Joshua Slocum from Briar Island, Nova Scotia.
- 1899A. E. J. Collins scores 628 runs not out, the highest-ever recorded score in cricket.
- 1905Battleship Potemkin uprising: sailors start a mutiny aboard the Battleship Potemkin, denouncing the crimes of autocracy, demanding liberty and an end to war.
- 1927Prime Minister of Japan Tanaka Giichi leads a conference to discuss Japan’s plans for China; later, a document detailing these plans, the “Tanaka Memorial” is leaked, although it is now considered a forgery.
- 1946In the Canadian Citizenship Act, the Parliament of Canada establishes the definition of Canadian citizenship.
- 1954The 1954 FIFA World Cup quarterfinal match between Hungary and Brazil, highly anticipated to be exciting, instead turns violent, with three players ejected and further fighting continuing after the game.
- 1954The world’s first nuclear power station opens in Obninsk, near Moscow.
- 1989The current international treaty defending indigenous peoples, ILO 169 convention, is adopted.
- 1991Slovenia, after declaring independence two days before is invaded by Yugoslav troops, tanks, and aircraft starting the Ten-Day War.
Who were born on June 27?
- 1696William Pepperrell, British colonial soldier (d. 1759)
- 1905Armand Mondou, French Canadian ice hockey player (d. 1976)
- 1913Elton Britt, American country singer (d. 1972)
- 1935Ramon Zamora, Filipino martial arts actor (d. 2007)
- 1938Konrad Kujau, German illustrator and forger of the Hitler Diaries (d. 2000)
- 1944Patrick Sercu, Belgian cyclist
- 1956Scott Cunningham, American Wicca and occult author (d. 1993)
- 1958Jeffrey Lee Pierce, American singer, songwriter and guitarist (The Gun Club) (d. 1996)
- 1968Pascale Bussières, French-Canadian actress
- 1971Jo Frost, English nanny and television host
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.