June 27: Day of the Week
June 27, 2020 was the 179th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 187 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Nora’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 27 Historical Event(s)
- 1895The inaugural run of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad’s Royal Blue from Washington, D.C., to New York, New York, the first U.S. passenger train to use electric locomotives.
- 1898The first solo circumnavigation of the globe is completed by Joshua Slocum from Briar Island, Nova Scotia.
- 1946In the Canadian Citizenship Act, the Parliament of Canada establishes the definition of Canadian citizenship.
- 1954The 1954 FIFA World Cup quarterfinal match between Hungary and Brazil, highly anticipated to be exciting, instead turns violent, with three players ejected and further fighting continuing after the game.
- 1954The world’s first nuclear power station opens in Obninsk, near Moscow.
- 1971After only three years in business, rock promoter Bill Graham closes the Fillmore East in New York, New York, the “Church of Rock and Roll”.
- 1976Air France Flight 139 (Tel Aviv-Athens-Paris) is hijacked en route to Paris by the PLO and redirected to Entebbe, Uganda.
- 1981The Central Committee of the Communist Party of China issues its “Resolution on Certain Questions in the History of Our Party Since the Founding of the People’s Republic of China”, laying the blame for the Cultural Revolution on Mao Zedong.
- 1988Gare de Lyon rail accident In Paris a train collides with a stationary train killing 56 people.
- 2008In a highly-scrutizined election President of Zimbabwe Robert Mugabe is re-elected in a landslide after his opponent Morgan Tsvangirai had withdrawn a week earlier, citing violence against his party’s supporters.
Who were born on June 27?
- 1696William Pepperrell, British colonial soldier (d. 1759)
- 1880Helen Keller, American deaf and blind activist (d. 1968)
- 1892Paul Colin, French poster designer (d. 1985)
- 1937Kirkpatrick Sale, American author
- 1964Chuck Person, American basketball player
- 1969Viktor Petrenko, Ukrainian figure skater
- 1972Dawud Wharnsby, Canadian poet and singer/songwriter
- 1987India de Beaufort, British actress
- 1988Stefani Bismpikou, Greek gymnast
- 1991Madylin Sweeten, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.