June 3: Day of the Week
June 3, 2021 was the 154th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 211 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters FAEMANDIQG? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters FAEMANDIQG. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1140French scholar Peter Abelard is found guilty of heresy.
- 1608Samuel de Champlain completes his third voyage to New France at Tadoussac, Quebec.
- 1620Construction of the oldest stone church in French North America, Notre-Dame-des-Anges, begins in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada.
- 1665James Stuart, Duke of York (later to become King James II of England) defeats the Dutch fleet off the coast of Lowestoft.
- 1916The National Defense Act is signed into law, increasing the size of the United States National Guard by 450,000 men.
- 1942World War II: Japan begins the Aleutian Islands Campaign by bombing Unalaska Island.
- 1963The Buddhist crisis: Soldiers of the Army of the Republic of Vietnam attack protesting Buddhists in Huế, South Vietnam, with liquid chemicals from tear gas grenades, causing 67 people to be hospitalised for blistering of the skin and respiratory ailments.
- 1980The 1980 Grand Island tornado outbreak. Seven tornadoes hit Grand Island, Nebraska takes five lives, 357 single-family homes, 33 mobile homes, 85 apartments, 49 businesses and $300 million in damages all told, according to National Weather Service and American Red Cross statistics on the deadly storm.
- 1982The Israeli ambassador to the United Kingdom, Shlomo Argov, is shot on a London street. He survives but is permanently paralysed.
- 1998Eschede train disaster: an ICE high speed train derails in Lower Saxony, Germany, causing 101 deaths.
Who were born on June 3?
- 1659David Gregory, Scottish astronomer (d. 1708)
- 1726James Hutton, Scottish geologist (d. 1797)
- 1925Thomas Joseph Winning, Archbishop of Glasgow, Scotland (d. 2001)
- 1931Françoise Arnoul, French actress
- 1947John Dykstra, American special effects supervisor
- 1964Kerry King, American musician (Slayer)
- 1965Jeff Blumenkrantz, American composer and actor
- 1970Esther Hart, Dutch singer
- 1984Emily Scott, Australian model
- 1986Adrián Vallés, Spanish racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.