June 3: Day of the Week
June 3, 2023 is the 154th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 211 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Katelyn’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1140French scholar Peter Abelard is found guilty of heresy.
- 1839In Humen, China, Lin Tse-hsü destroys 1.2 million kg of opium confiscated from British merchants, providing Britain with a casus belli to open hostilities, resulting in the First Opium War.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Cold Harbor – Union forces attack Confederate troops in Hanover County, Virginia.
- 1885In the last military engagement fought on Canadian soil, Cree leader Big Bear escapes the North-West Mounted Police.
- 1888The poem “Casey at the Bat”, by Ernest Lawrence Thayer, is published in the San Francisco Examiner.
- 1932Lou Gehrig and teammate Tony Lazzeri hit four home runs in one game, and hit for the natural cycle, respectively. These two feats are both less common than a perfect game, which has occurred twenty one times in one hundred and twenty years.
- 1941World War II: The Wehrmacht razes the Greek village of Kandanos to the ground, killing 180 of its inhabitants.
- 1963The Buddhist crisis: Soldiers of the Army of the Republic of Vietnam attack protesting Buddhists in Huế, South Vietnam, with liquid chemicals from tear gas grenades, causing 67 people to be hospitalised for blistering of the skin and respiratory ailments.
- 1979A blowout at the Ixtoc I oil well in the southern Gulf of Mexico causes at least 3000000 oilbbl of oil to be spilled into the waters, the second-worst accidental oil spill ever recorded.
- 1992Aboriginal Land Rights are granted in Australia in Mabo v Queensland (1988), a case brought by Eddie Mabo.
Who were born on June 3?
- 1905Martin Gottfried Weiss, German commandant of Dachau concentration camp (d. 1946)
- 1929Chuck Barris, American game show host
- 1931Raúl Castro, Cuban statesman
- 1944Eddy Ottoz, Italian athlete
- 1945Bill Paterson, British actor
- 1970Peter Tägtgren, Swedish musician (Hypocrisy) and producer
- 1974Arianne Zucker, American actress
- 1976Enda Markey, Irish/Australian entertainer
- 1977Cristiano Marques Gomez, Brazilian footballer
- 1982Yelena Isinbayeva, Russian pole vaulter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.