June 3: Day of the Week
June 3, 2019 was the 154th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 211 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
June 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1326Treaty of Novgorod delineates borders between Russia and Norway in Finnmark.
- 1539Hernando de Soto claims Florida for Spain.
- 1658Pope Alexander VII appoints François de Laval vicar apostolic in New France.
- 1839In Humen, China, Lin Tse-hsü destroys 1.2 million kg of opium confiscated from British merchants, providing Britain with a casus belli to open hostilities, resulting in the First Opium War.
- 1888The poem “Casey at the Bat”, by Ernest Lawrence Thayer, is published in the San Francisco Examiner.
- 1943In Los Angeles, California, white U.S. Navy sailors and Marines clash with Latino youths in the Zoot Suit Riots.
- 1950First successful ascent of an Eight-thousander; Annapurna is summited by Maurice Herzog and Louis Lachenal
- 1989The government of China sends troops to force protesters out of Tiananmen Square after seven weeks of occupation.
- 1991Mount Unzen erupts in Kyūshū, Japan, killing 43 people, all of them either researchers or journalists.
- 2006The union of Serbia and Montenegro comes to an end with Montenegro’s formal declaration of independence.
Who were born on June 3?
- 1844Detlev von Liliencron, German poet (d. 1909)
- 1877Raoul Dufy, French painter (d. 1953)
- 1879Alla Nazimova, Ukrainian-born actress, scriptwriter, and producer (d. 1945)
- 1879Raymond Pearl, American biologist (d. 1940)
- 1924Colleen Dewhurst, Canadian actress (d. 1991)
- 1930Ben Wada, Japanese television producer
- 1954Wally Weir, Quebec ice hockey player
- 1963Toshiaki Karasawa, Japanese actor
- 1977Az-Zahir Hakim, American football player
- 2006Countess Leonore of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg, Member of the Dutch royal family
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.