June 3: Day of the Week
June 3, 2019 was the 154th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 211 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
June 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1326Treaty of Novgorod delineates borders between Russia and Norway in Finnmark.
- 1658Pope Alexander VII appoints François de Laval vicar apostolic in New France.
- 1866The Fenians are driven out of Fort Erie, Ontario, into the United States.
- 1889The first long-distance electric power transmission line in the United States is completed, running 14 mi between a generator at Willamette Falls and downtown Portland, Oregon.
- 1889The transcontinental Canadian Pacific Railway is completed.
- 1932Lou Gehrig and teammate Tony Lazzeri hit four home runs in one game, and hit for the natural cycle, respectively. These two feats are both less common than a perfect game, which has occurred twenty one times in one hundred and twenty years.
- 1940World War II: The Luftwaffe bombs Paris.
- 1968Valerie Solanas, author of SCUM Manifesto, attempts to assassinate Andy Warhol by shooting him three times.
- 1989The government of China sends troops to force protesters out of Tiananmen Square after seven weeks of occupation.
- 1998Eschede train disaster: an ICE high speed train derails in Lower Saxony, Germany, causing 101 deaths.
Who were born on June 3?
- 1888Tom Brown, American musician (d. 1958)
- 1904Jan Peerce, American tenor (d. 1984)
- 1925Tony Curtis, American actor (d. 2010)
- 1934Rolland D. McCune, American theologian
- 1946Eddie Holman, American singer
- 1954Dan Hill, Canadian singer and songwriter
- 1963Toshiaki Karasawa, Japanese actor
- 1967Anderson Cooper, American reporter, journalist and anchorman
- 1969Hiroyuki Takami, Japanese musician
- 1981Salvatore Giardina, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.