June 3: Day of the Week
June 3, 2020 was the 155th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 211 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Joe’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 3 Historical Event(s)
- 350Roman usurper Nepotianus, of the Constantinian dynasty, proclaims himself Roman Emperor, entering Rome at the head of a group of gladiators.
- 1608Samuel de Champlain completes his third voyage to New France at Tadoussac, Quebec.
- 1866The Fenians are driven out of Fort Erie, Ontario, into the United States.
- 1932Lou Gehrig and teammate Tony Lazzeri hit four home runs in one game, and hit for the natural cycle, respectively. These two feats are both less common than a perfect game, which has occurred twenty one times in one hundred and twenty years.
- 1935One thousand unemployed Canadian workers board freight cars in Vancouver, British Columbia, beginning a protest trek to Ottawa, Ontario.
- 1943In Los Angeles, California, white U.S. Navy sailors and Marines clash with Latino youths in the Zoot Suit Riots.
- 1963The Buddhist crisis: Soldiers of the Army of the Republic of Vietnam attack protesting Buddhists in Huế, South Vietnam, with liquid chemicals from tear gas grenades, causing 67 people to be hospitalised for blistering of the skin and respiratory ailments.
- 1973A Soviet supersonic Tupolev Tu-144 crashes near Goussainville, France, killing 14, the first crash of a supersonic passenger aircraft.
- 1984Operation Blue Star, a military offensive, is launched by the Indian government at Harmandir Sahib, also known as the Golden Temple, the holiest shrine for the Sikhs, in Amritsar. The operation continues until June 6 with casualties, most of them civilians, in excess of 5,000.
- 1989The government of China sends troops to force protesters out of Tiananmen Square after seven weeks of occupation.
Who were born on June 3?
- 1819Anton Anderledy, Swiss Superior General of the Society of Jesus (d. 1892)
- 1924Jimmy Rogers, American blues guitarist (d. 1997)
- 1930Ben Wada, Japanese television producer
- 1930Dakota Staton, American jazz singer (d. 2007)
- 1961Lawrence Lessig, American lawyer and author
- 1967Anderson Cooper, American reporter, journalist and anchorman
- 1970Peter Tägtgren, Swedish musician (Hypocrisy) and producer
- 1974Arianne Zucker, American actress
- 1981Timur Tekkal, German rugby player
- 1986Al Horford, Dominican basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.