June 3: Day of the Week
June 3, 2021 was the 154th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 211 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OIAITSPI? Check your answers here: Word scramble OIAITSPI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1539Hernando de Soto claims Florida for Spain.
- 1608Samuel de Champlain completes his third voyage to New France at Tadoussac, Quebec.
- 1665James Stuart, Duke of York (later to become King James II of England) defeats the Dutch fleet off the coast of Lowestoft.
- 1861American Civil War: Battle of Philippi (also called the Philippi Races) – Union forces rout Confederate troops in Barbour County, Virginia, now West Virginia, in first land battle of the War.
- 1889The transcontinental Canadian Pacific Railway is completed.
- 1916The National Defense Act is signed into law, increasing the size of the United States National Guard by 450,000 men.
- 1935One thousand unemployed Canadian workers board freight cars in Vancouver, British Columbia, beginning a protest trek to Ottawa, Ontario.
- 1942World War II: Japan begins the Aleutian Islands Campaign by bombing Unalaska Island.
- 1973A Soviet supersonic Tupolev Tu-144 crashes near Goussainville, France, killing 14, the first crash of a supersonic passenger aircraft.
- 1980The 1980 Grand Island tornado outbreak. Seven tornadoes hit Grand Island, Nebraska takes five lives, 357 single-family homes, 33 mobile homes, 85 apartments, 49 businesses and $300 million in damages all told, according to National Weather Service and American Red Cross statistics on the deadly storm.
Who were born on June 3?
- 1843Frederick VIII of Denmark (d. 1912)
- 1904Jan Peerce, American tenor (d. 1984)
- 1913Pedro Mir, Dominican Poet Laureate (d. 2000)
- 1924Colleen Dewhurst, Canadian actress (d. 1991)
- 1929Chuck Barris, American game show host
- 1946Eddie Holman, American singer
- 1971Carl Everett, American baseball player
- 1971John Hodgman, American author and humorist
- 1982Yelena Isinbayeva, Russian pole vaulter
- 1989Anthony Taugourdeau, French footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.