June 3: Day of the Week
June 3, 2020 is the 155th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 211 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Marshall’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1608Samuel de Champlain completes his third voyage to New France at Tadoussac, Quebec.
- 1861American Civil War: Battle of Philippi (also called the Philippi Races) – Union forces rout Confederate troops in Barbour County, Virginia, now West Virginia, in first land battle of the War.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Cold Harbor – Union forces attack Confederate troops in Hanover County, Virginia.
- 1889The transcontinental Canadian Pacific Railway is completed.
- 1940World War II: The Battle of Dunkirk ends with a German victory and with Allied forces in full retreat.
- 1963The Buddhist crisis: Soldiers of the Army of the Republic of Vietnam attack protesting Buddhists in Huế, South Vietnam, with liquid chemicals from tear gas grenades, causing 67 people to be hospitalised for blistering of the skin and respiratory ailments.
- 1965Launch of Gemini 4, the first multi-day space mission by a NASA crew. Crew-member Ed White performs the first American spacewalk.
- 1973A Soviet supersonic Tupolev Tu-144 crashes near Goussainville, France, killing 14, the first crash of a supersonic passenger aircraft.
- 1979A blowout at the Ixtoc I oil well in the southern Gulf of Mexico causes at least 3000000 oilbbl of oil to be spilled into the waters, the second-worst accidental oil spill ever recorded.
- 1980The 1980 Grand Island tornado outbreak. Seven tornadoes hit Grand Island, Nebraska takes five lives, 357 single-family homes, 33 mobile homes, 85 apartments, 49 businesses and $300 million in damages all told, according to National Weather Service and American Red Cross statistics on the deadly storm.
Who were born on June 3?
- 1818Louis Faidherbe, French general (d. 1889)
- 1866George Howells Broadhurst, English director (d. 1952)
- 1879Raymond Pearl, American biologist (d. 1940)
- 1881Mikhail Larionov, Russian painter (d. 1964)
- 1888Tom Brown, American musician (d. 1958)
- 1917Leo Gorcey, American actor (d. 1969)
- 1931Raúl Castro, Cuban statesman
- 1937Solomon P. Ortiz, American politician
- 1945Hale Irwin, American professional golfer
- 1952David Richards, CBE, British motor racing entrepreneur
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.