June 3: Day of the Week
June 3, 2019 was the 154th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 211 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Harley’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 3 Historical Event(s)
- 350Roman usurper Nepotianus, of the Constantinian dynasty, proclaims himself Roman Emperor, entering Rome at the head of a group of gladiators.
- 1608Samuel de Champlain completes his third voyage to New France at Tadoussac, Quebec.
- 1620Construction of the oldest stone church in French North America, Notre-Dame-des-Anges, begins in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada.
- 1621The Dutch West India Company receives a charter for New Netherlands.
- 1658Pope Alexander VII appoints François de Laval vicar apostolic in New France.
- 1839In Humen, China, Lin Tse-hsü destroys 1.2 million kg of opium confiscated from British merchants, providing Britain with a casus belli to open hostilities, resulting in the First Opium War.
- 1866The Fenians are driven out of Fort Erie, Ontario, into the United States.
- 1932Lou Gehrig and teammate Tony Lazzeri hit four home runs in one game, and hit for the natural cycle, respectively. These two feats are both less common than a perfect game, which has occurred twenty one times in one hundred and twenty years.
- 1962An Air France Boeing 707 charter, Chateau de Sully crashes after an aborted takeoff from Paris-Orly Airport, killing 130.
- 1969Melbourne-Evans collision: Off the coast of South Vietnam, the Australian aircraft carrier HMAS Melbourne cuts the U.S. Navy destroyer USS Frank E. Evans in half.
Who were born on June 3?
- 1726James Hutton, Scottish geologist (d. 1797)
- 1866George Howells Broadhurst, English director (d. 1952)
- 1899Georg von Békésy, Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine laureate (d. 1972)
- 1900Leo Picard, German-born Israeli geologist (d. 1997)
- 1907Paul Rotha, English director (d. 1984)
- 1940Connie Saylor, American racecar driver (d. 1993)
- 1944Edith McGuire, American runner
- 1976Yuri Ruley, American drummer
- 1987Masami Nagasawa, Japanese actress
- 1989Anthony Taugourdeau, French footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.