June 3: Day of the Week
June 3, 2020 is the 155th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 211 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Roger’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1620Construction of the oldest stone church in French North America, Notre-Dame-des-Anges, begins in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada.
- 1658Pope Alexander VII appoints François de Laval vicar apostolic in New France.
- 1839In Humen, China, Lin Tse-hsü destroys 1.2 million kg of opium confiscated from British merchants, providing Britain with a casus belli to open hostilities, resulting in the First Opium War.
- 1861American Civil War: Battle of Philippi (also called the Philippi Races) – Union forces rout Confederate troops in Barbour County, Virginia, now West Virginia, in first land battle of the War.
- 1866The Fenians are driven out of Fort Erie, Ontario, into the United States.
- 1932Lou Gehrig and teammate Tony Lazzeri hit four home runs in one game, and hit for the natural cycle, respectively. These two feats are both less common than a perfect game, which has occurred twenty one times in one hundred and twenty years.
- 1942World War II: Japan begins the Aleutian Islands Campaign by bombing Unalaska Island.
- 1968Valerie Solanas, author of SCUM Manifesto, attempts to assassinate Andy Warhol by shooting him three times.
- 1979A blowout at the Ixtoc I oil well in the southern Gulf of Mexico causes at least 3000000 oilbbl of oil to be spilled into the waters, the second-worst accidental oil spill ever recorded.
- 1991Mount Unzen erupts in Kyūshū, Japan, killing 43 people, all of them either researchers or journalists.
Who were born on June 3?
- 1844Garret Hobart, 24th Vice President of the United States (d. 1899)
- 1878Barney Oldfield, American race car driver (d. 1946)
- 1924M. Karunanidhi, Indian Politician
- 1937Solomon P. Ortiz, American politician
- 1943Ilaiyaraaja, Indian film composer
- 1944Eddy Ottoz, Italian athlete
- 1953John Moulder Brown, English actor
- 1970Esther Hart, Dutch singer
- 1970Peter Tägtgren, Swedish musician (Hypocrisy) and producer
- 1984Emily Scott, Australian model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.