June 3: Day of the Week
June 3, 2019 was the 154th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 211 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Lonnie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1326Treaty of Novgorod delineates borders between Russia and Norway in Finnmark.
- 1608Samuel de Champlain completes his third voyage to New France at Tadoussac, Quebec.
- 1839In Humen, China, Lin Tse-hsü destroys 1.2 million kg of opium confiscated from British merchants, providing Britain with a casus belli to open hostilities, resulting in the First Opium War.
- 1888The poem “Casey at the Bat”, by Ernest Lawrence Thayer, is published in the San Francisco Examiner.
- 1937The Duke of Windsor marries Wallis Simpson.
- 1942World War II: Japan begins the Aleutian Islands Campaign by bombing Unalaska Island.
- 1943In Los Angeles, California, white U.S. Navy sailors and Marines clash with Latino youths in the Zoot Suit Riots.
- 1963The Buddhist crisis: Soldiers of the Army of the Republic of Vietnam attack protesting Buddhists in Huế, South Vietnam, with liquid chemicals from tear gas grenades, causing 67 people to be hospitalised for blistering of the skin and respiratory ailments.
- 1968Valerie Solanas, author of SCUM Manifesto, attempts to assassinate Andy Warhol by shooting him three times.
- 1998Eschede train disaster: an ICE high speed train derails in Lower Saxony, Germany, causing 101 deaths.
Who were born on June 3?
- 1723Giovanni Antonio Scopoli, Italian-born naturalist (d. 1788)
- 1899Georg von Békésy, Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine laureate (d. 1972)
- 1913Pedro Mir, Dominican Poet Laureate (d. 2000)
- 1927Boots Randolph, American saxophonist (d. 2007)
- 1939Kathleen E. Woodiwiss, American novelist
- 1940Connie Saylor, American racecar driver (d. 1993)
- 1940Loretta Long, American actress
- 1976Nikos Hatzis, Greek basketball player
- 1986Rafael Nadal, Spanish tennis player
- 1987Masami Nagasawa, Japanese actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.