June 3: Day of the Week
June 3, 2018 was the 154th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 211 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Gemini horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
June 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1621The Dutch West India Company receives a charter for New Netherlands.
- 1885In the last military engagement fought on Canadian soil, Cree leader Big Bear escapes the North-West Mounted Police.
- 1889The first long-distance electric power transmission line in the United States is completed, running 14 mi between a generator at Willamette Falls and downtown Portland, Oregon.
- 1889The transcontinental Canadian Pacific Railway is completed.
- 1935One thousand unemployed Canadian workers board freight cars in Vancouver, British Columbia, beginning a protest trek to Ottawa, Ontario.
- 1940World War II: The Luftwaffe bombs Paris.
- 1968Valerie Solanas, author of SCUM Manifesto, attempts to assassinate Andy Warhol by shooting him three times.
- 1982The Israeli ambassador to the United Kingdom, Shlomo Argov, is shot on a London street. He survives but is permanently paralysed.
- 1992Aboriginal Land Rights are granted in Australia in Mabo v Queensland (1988), a case brought by Eddie Mabo.
- 2006The union of Serbia and Montenegro comes to an end with Montenegro’s formal declaration of independence.
Who were born on June 3?
- 1918Patrick Cargill, English actor (d. 1996)
- 1921Forbes Carlile, Australian athlete
- 1925Thomas Joseph Winning, Archbishop of Glasgow, Scotland (d. 2001)
- 1929Chuck Barris, American game show host
- 1937Edward Winter, American actor (d. 2001)
- 1952David Richards, CBE, British motor racing entrepreneur
- 1956Danny Wilde, American musician (The Rembrandts)
- 1982Yelena Isinbayeva, Russian pole vaulter
- 1984Emily Scott, Australian model
- 1986Alexandros Karageorgiou, Greek archer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.