June 3: Day of the Week
June 3, 2021 is the 154th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 211 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UVDANULST? Check your answers here: Words with these letters UVDANULST. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1326Treaty of Novgorod delineates borders between Russia and Norway in Finnmark.
- 1861American Civil War: Battle of Philippi (also called the Philippi Races) – Union forces rout Confederate troops in Barbour County, Virginia, now West Virginia, in first land battle of the War.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Cold Harbor – Union forces attack Confederate troops in Hanover County, Virginia.
- 1885In the last military engagement fought on Canadian soil, Cree leader Big Bear escapes the North-West Mounted Police.
- 1940World War II: The Battle of Dunkirk ends with a German victory and with Allied forces in full retreat.
- 1962An Air France Boeing 707 charter, Chateau de Sully crashes after an aborted takeoff from Paris-Orly Airport, killing 130.
- 1969Melbourne-Evans collision: Off the coast of South Vietnam, the Australian aircraft carrier HMAS Melbourne cuts the U.S. Navy destroyer USS Frank E. Evans in half.
- 1973A Soviet supersonic Tupolev Tu-144 crashes near Goussainville, France, killing 14, the first crash of a supersonic passenger aircraft.
- 1989The government of China sends troops to force protesters out of Tiananmen Square after seven weeks of occupation.
- 2006The union of Serbia and Montenegro comes to an end with Montenegro’s formal declaration of independence.
Who were born on June 3?
- 1659David Gregory, Scottish astronomer (d. 1708)
- 1843Frederick VIII of Denmark (d. 1912)
- 1864Otto Erich Hartleben, German writer (d. 1905)
- 1924Jimmy Rogers, American blues guitarist (d. 1997)
- 1956Brad Nessler, American sports broadcaster
- 1961Lawrence Lessig, American lawyer and author
- 1963Toshiaki Karasawa, Japanese actor
- 1965Jeff Blumenkrantz, American composer and actor
- 1978Lyfe Jennings, R&B singer and songwriter
- 2006Countess Leonore of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg, Member of the Dutch royal family
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.