June 3: Day of the Week
June 3, 2023 was the 154th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 211 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters NSATIINN? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters NSATIINN. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
June 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1140French scholar Peter Abelard is found guilty of heresy.
- 1861American Civil War: Battle of Philippi (also called the Philippi Races) – Union forces rout Confederate troops in Barbour County, Virginia, now West Virginia, in first land battle of the War.
- 1885In the last military engagement fought on Canadian soil, Cree leader Big Bear escapes the North-West Mounted Police.
- 1889The transcontinental Canadian Pacific Railway is completed.
- 1935One thousand unemployed Canadian workers board freight cars in Vancouver, British Columbia, beginning a protest trek to Ottawa, Ontario.
- 1937The Duke of Windsor marries Wallis Simpson.
- 1950First successful ascent of an Eight-thousander; Annapurna is summited by Maurice Herzog and Louis Lachenal
- 1962An Air France Boeing 707 charter, Chateau de Sully crashes after an aborted takeoff from Paris-Orly Airport, killing 130.
- 1963The Buddhist crisis: Soldiers of the Army of the Republic of Vietnam attack protesting Buddhists in Huế, South Vietnam, with liquid chemicals from tear gas grenades, causing 67 people to be hospitalised for blistering of the skin and respiratory ailments.
- 2006The union of Serbia and Montenegro comes to an end with Montenegro’s formal declaration of independence.
Who were born on June 3?
- 1635Philippe Quinault, French writer (d. 1688)
- 1659David Gregory, Scottish astronomer (d. 1708)
- 1937Edward Winter, American actor (d. 2001)
- 1938David L. Mills, American computer engineer
- 1965Mike Gordon, American musician (Phish)
- 1975Jeff Soto, American painter
- 1976Jamie McMurray, American racecar driver
- 1978Lyfe Jennings, R&B singer and songwriter
- 1984Emily Scott, Australian model
- 1992Mario Götze, German footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.