June 3: Day of the Week
June 3, 2021 is the 154th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 211 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UFUMFKCLHELEA? Check your answers here: Word search UFUMFKCLHELEA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1539Hernando de Soto claims Florida for Spain.
- 1608Samuel de Champlain completes his third voyage to New France at Tadoussac, Quebec.
- 1621The Dutch West India Company receives a charter for New Netherlands.
- 1839In Humen, China, Lin Tse-hsü destroys 1.2 million kg of opium confiscated from British merchants, providing Britain with a casus belli to open hostilities, resulting in the First Opium War.
- 1866The Fenians are driven out of Fort Erie, Ontario, into the United States.
- 1885In the last military engagement fought on Canadian soil, Cree leader Big Bear escapes the North-West Mounted Police.
- 1889The transcontinental Canadian Pacific Railway is completed.
- 1940World War II: The Luftwaffe bombs Paris.
- 1979A blowout at the Ixtoc I oil well in the southern Gulf of Mexico causes at least 3000000 oilbbl of oil to be spilled into the waters, the second-worst accidental oil spill ever recorded.
- 1982The Israeli ambassador to the United Kingdom, Shlomo Argov, is shot on a London street. He survives but is permanently paralysed.
Who were born on June 3?
- 1636John Hale, pastor during the Salem witch hunt (d.1700)
- 1844Garret Hobart, 24th Vice President of the United States (d. 1899)
- 1905Martin Gottfried Weiss, German commandant of Dachau concentration camp (d. 1946)
- 1931Françoise Arnoul, French actress
- 1931John Norman, American author
- 1934Rolland D. McCune, American theologian
- 1943Billy Cunningham, American basketball player
- 1952Billy Powell, American keyboardist (Lynyrd Skynyrd) (d. 2009)
- 1982Dihan Slabbert, South African singer and composer
- 1989Katie Hoff, American swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.