June 3: Day of the Week
June 3, 2020 was the 155th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 211 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EAVEMKECEVWMC? Check your answers here: Unscramble words EAVEMKECEVWMC. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1608Samuel de Champlain completes his third voyage to New France at Tadoussac, Quebec.
- 1889The first long-distance electric power transmission line in the United States is completed, running 14 mi between a generator at Willamette Falls and downtown Portland, Oregon.
- 1889The transcontinental Canadian Pacific Railway is completed.
- 1932Lou Gehrig and teammate Tony Lazzeri hit four home runs in one game, and hit for the natural cycle, respectively. These two feats are both less common than a perfect game, which has occurred twenty one times in one hundred and twenty years.
- 1937The Duke of Windsor marries Wallis Simpson.
- 1940World War II: The Battle of Dunkirk ends with a German victory and with Allied forces in full retreat.
- 1940World War II: The Luftwaffe bombs Paris.
- 1942World War II: Japan begins the Aleutian Islands Campaign by bombing Unalaska Island.
- 1979A blowout at the Ixtoc I oil well in the southern Gulf of Mexico causes at least 3000000 oilbbl of oil to be spilled into the waters, the second-worst accidental oil spill ever recorded.
- 1980The 1980 Grand Island tornado outbreak. Seven tornadoes hit Grand Island, Nebraska takes five lives, 357 single-family homes, 33 mobile homes, 85 apartments, 49 businesses and $300 million in damages all told, according to National Weather Service and American Red Cross statistics on the deadly storm.
Who were born on June 3?
- 1818Louis Faidherbe, French general (d. 1889)
- 1873Otto Loewi, Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine laureate (d. 1961)
- 1900Leo Picard, German-born Israeli geologist (d. 1997)
- 1945John Derbyshire, British-American mathematician and political commentator
- 1957Horst-Ulrich Hänel, German field hockey player
- 1958Margot Käßmann, Lutheran theologian, German bishop
- 1971Carl Everett, American baseball player
- 1971John Hodgman, American author and humorist
- 1974Kelly Jones, Welsh singer (Stereophonics)
- 1978Lyfe Jennings, R&B singer and songwriter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.