June 30: Day of the Week
June 30, 2020 is the 182nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 184 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Stanley’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1520Spanish conquistadors led by Hernán Cortés fight their way out of Tenochtitlan.
- 1688The Immortal Seven issue the Invitation to William (continuing the English rebellion from Rome), which would culminate in the Glorious Revolution.
- 1805The U.S. Congress organizes the Michigan Territory.
- 1864U.S. President Abraham Lincoln grants Yosemite Valley to California for “public use, resort and recreation”.
- 1905Albert Einstein publishes the article On the Electrodynamics of Moving Bodies, in which he introduces special relativity.
- 1906The United States Congress passes the Meat Inspection Act and Pure Food and Drug Act.
- 1921U.S. President Warren G. Harding appoints former President William Howard Taft Chief Justice of the United States.
- 1922In Washington D.C., U.S. Secretary of State Charles Evans Hughes and Dominican Ambassador Francisco J. Peynado sign the Hughes-Peynado agreement, which ends the United States occupation of the Dominican Republic.
- 1959A United States Air Force F-100 Super Sabre from Kadena Air Base, Okinawa, crashes into a nearby elementary school, killing 11 students plus six residents from the local neighborhood.
- 1960Congo gains independence from Belgium.
Who were born on June 30?
- 1817Joseph Dalton Hooker, British botanist (d. 1911)
- 1864Frederick Bligh Bond, English architect, illustrator, archaeologist and psychical researcher (d. 1945)
- 1884Georges Duhamel, French author (d. 1966)
- 1926Paul Berg, American biochemist, Nobel laureate
- 1931Bert Eriksson, Flemish neo-Nazi (d. 2005)
- 1944Ron Swoboda, American baseball player
- 1949Uwe Kliemann, German footballer
- 1954Pierre Charles, Dominican politician (d. 2004)
- 1962Deirdre Lovejoy, American actress (The Wire)
- 1977Mark Van Gisbergen, New Zealand/English rugby player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.