June 5: Day of the Week
June 5, 2020 is the 157th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 209 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jeffrey’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 5 Historical Event(s)
- 70Titus and his Roman legions breach the middle wall of Jerusalem in the Siege of Jerusalem.
- 1817The first Great Lakes steamer, the Frontenac, is launched.
- 1888The Rio de la Plata Earthquake takes place.
- 1944World War II: More than 1000 British bombers drop 5,000 tons of bombs on German gun batteries on the Normandy coast in preparation for D-Day.
- 1949Thailand elects Orapin Chaiyakan, the first Thai female member of Thailand’s Parliament.
- 1969The International communist conference begins in Moscow.
- 1975The United Kingdom holds its first country-wide referendum, on remaining in the European Economic Community (EEC).
- 1989The Unknown Rebel halts the progress of a column of advancing tanks for over half an hour after the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989.
- 1993Portions of the Holbeck Hall Hotel in Scarborough, North Yorkshire, England, fall into the sea following a landslide.
- 2001Tropical Storm Allison makes landfall on the upper-Texas coastline as a strong tropical storm and dumps large amounts of rain over Houston. The storm caused $5.5 billion in damages, making Allison the costliest tropical storm in U.S. history.
Who were born on June 5?
- 1523Margaret of France, Duchess of Berry (d. 1573)
- 1894Roy Thomson, Lord Thomson of Fleet, English publisher (d. 1976)
- 1925Art Donovan, American football star
- 1932Christy Brown, Irish author (d. 1981)
- 1950J. J. Bittenbinder, American television host and author
- 1962Princess Astrid of Belgium
- 1974Russ Ortiz, American baseball player
- 1976Torry Holt, American football player
- 1977Liza Weil, American actress
- 1992Joazhiño Arroe, Peruvian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.