June 5: Day of the Week
June 5, 2020 was the 157th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 209 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters XOXOFGMLAD? Check your answers here: Word scramble XOXOFGMLAD. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1257Kraków, Poland receives city rights.
- 1837Houston, Texas is incorporated by the Republic of Texas.
- 1851Harriet Beecher Stowe’s anti-slavery serial, Uncle Tom’s Cabin or, Life Among the Lowly starts a ten-month run in the National Era abolitionist newspaper.
- 1956Elvis Presley introduces his new single, “Hound Dog”, on The Milton Berle Show, scandalizing the audience with his suggestive hip movements.
- 1959The first government of the State of Singapore is sworn in.
- 1963British Secretary of State for War John Profumo resigns in a sex scandal known as the Profumo Affair.
- 1964DSV Alvin is commissioned.
- 1975The Suez Canal opens for the first time since the Six-Day War.
- 1977The Apple II, one of the first personal computers, goes on sale.
- 1995The Bose-Einstein condensate is first created.
Who were born on June 5?
- 1718Thomas Chippendale, English furniture maker (d. 1779)
- 1895William Roberts, British painter (d. 1980)
- 1902Arthur Powell Davies, American religious minister (d. 1957)
- 1923Daniel Pinkham, American composer, organist, and harpsichordist (d. 2006)
- 1950J. J. Bittenbinder, American television host and author
- 1959Robert Lloyd, English musician (The Nightingales)
- 1962Princess Astrid of Belgium
- 1976Giannis Giannoulis, Greek basketball player
- 1977Liza Weil, American actress
- 1992Joazhiño Arroe, Peruvian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.