June 5: Day of the Week
June 5, 2020 was the 157th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 209 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AIBQOZGHUE? Check your answers here: Word search AIBQOZGHUE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1798The Battle of New Ross: The attempt to spread United Irish Rebellion into Munster is defeated.
- 1837Houston, Texas is incorporated by the Republic of Texas.
- 1851Harriet Beecher Stowe’s anti-slavery serial, Uncle Tom’s Cabin or, Life Among the Lowly starts a ten-month run in the National Era abolitionist newspaper.
- 1862As the Treaty of Saigon is signed, ceding parts of southern Vietnam to France, the guerrilla leader Truong Dinh decides to defy Emperor Tu Duc of Vietnam and fight on against the Europeans.
- 1942World War II: United States declares war on Bulgaria, Hungary, and Romania.
- 1967Six-Day War begins: The Israeli air force launches simultaneous pre-emptive attacks on the air forces of Egypt and Syria.
- 1969The International communist conference begins in Moscow.
- 1976Collapse of the Teton Dam in Idaho, United States.
- 1977A coup takes place in Seychelles.
- 1995The Bose-Einstein condensate is first created.
Who were born on June 5?
- 1898Federico García Lorca, Spanish poet, lyricist and dramatist (d. 1936)
- 1912Dean Amadon, American ornithologist (d. 2003)
- 1923Daniel Pinkham, American composer, organist, and harpsichordist (d. 2006)
- 1938Karin Balzer, German hurdler
- 1939Margaret Drabble, English novelist
- 1941Erasmo Carlos, Brazilian singer and songwriter
- 1952Carole Fredericks, American singer (d. 2001)
- 1964Rick Riordan, American author
- 1977Nourhanne, Lebanese singer
- 1984Robert Barbieri, Canadian-born Italian rugby player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.