June 6: Day of the Week
June 6, 2023 is the 157th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 208 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UXXVHCESUD? Check your answers here: Word search UXXVHCESUD. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1523Gustav Vasa is elected King of Sweden, marking the end of the Kalmar Union.
- 1654Charles X succeeds his abdicated cousin Queen Christina to the Swedish throne.
- 1683The Ashmolean Museum in Oxford, England, opens as the world’s first university museum.
- 1808Napoleon’s brother, Joseph Bonaparte is crowned King of Spain.
- 1882The Shewan forces of Menelik II of Ethiopia defeat the Gojjame army in the Battle of Embabo. The Shewans capture Negus Tekle Haymanot of Gojjam, and their victory leads to a Shewan hegemony over the territories south of the Abay River.
- 1894Governor Davis H. Waite orders the Colorado state militia to protect and support the miners engaged in the Cripple Creek miners’ strike.
- 1919The Republic of Prekmurje ends.
- 1946The National Basketball Association is created, with eleven original teams.
- 1971Soyuz program: Soyuz 11 launches.
- 2004Tamil is established as a Classical language by the President of India, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam in a joint sitting of the two houses of the Indian Parliament.
Who were born on June 6?
- 1756John Trumbull, American painter (d. 1843)
- 1844Konstantin Savitsky, Russian painter (d. 1905)
- 1898Ninette de Valois, Irish dancer (d. 2001)
- 1917Kirk Kerkorian, American businessman
- 1918Edwin G. Krebs, American biochemist, Nobel laureate (d. 2009)
- 1938Prince Luís of Orléans-Braganza, pretender to the Brazilian throne
- 1958Danny Webb, English actor
- 1970Anthony Norris, American wrestler
- 1974Sonya Walger, British actress
- 1992Hyuna, Korean singer (4minute)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.