June 6: Day of the Week
June 6, 2019 is the 157th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 208 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Gemini horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
June 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1513Italian Wars: Battle of Novara. Swiss troops defeat the French under Louis de la Tremoille, forcing the French to abandon Milan. Duke Massimiliano Sforza is restored.
- 1644The Qing Dynasty Manchu forces led by the Shunzhi Emperor capture Beijing during the collapse of the Ming Dynasty. The Manchus would rule China until 1912 when the Republic of China is established.
- 1674Shivaji, founder of the Maratha empire is crowned.
- 1892Chicago ‘L’begins operation
- 1912The eruption of Novarupta in Alaska begins. It is the second largest volcanic eruption of the 20th century.
- 1918World War I: Battle of Belleau Wood – The U.S. Marine Corps suffers its worst single day’s casualties while attempting to recapture the wood at Chateau-Thierry.
- 1919The Republic of Prekmurje ends.
- 1921The Southwark Bridge in London, is opened for traffic by King George V and Queen Mary.
- 1939Judge Joseph Force Crater, known as the “Missingest Man in New York”, is declared legally dead.
- 1964Under a temporary order, the rocket launches at Cuxhaven, Germany, are terminated, though they never resume.
Who were born on June 6?
- 1576Giovanni Diodati, Swiss Protestant clergyman (d. 1649)
- 1799Alexander Pushkin, Russian poet (d. 1837)
- 1903Aram Khachaturian, Armenian composer (d. 1978)
- 1933Heinrich Rohrer, Swiss physicist, Nobel laureate
- 1947Robert Englund, American actor
- 1951Noritake Takahara, Japanese racing driver
- 1956Björn Borg, Swedish tennis player
- 1959Colin Quinn, American comedian
- 1978Judith Barsi, American actress (d. 1988)
- 1992Hyuna, Korean singer (4minute)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.