June 6: Day of the Week
June 6, 2020 is the 158th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 208 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Tanner’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1513Italian Wars: Battle of Novara. Swiss troops defeat the French under Louis de la Tremoille, forcing the French to abandon Milan. Duke Massimiliano Sforza is restored.
- 1674Shivaji, founder of the Maratha empire is crowned.
- 1808Napoleon’s brother, Joseph Bonaparte is crowned King of Spain.
- 1822Alexis St. Martin accidentally shot in the stomach, which leads way to William Beaumont’s studies on digestion.
- 1892Chicago ‘L’begins operation
- 1921The Southwark Bridge in London, is opened for traffic by King George V and Queen Mary.
- 1939Judge Joseph Force Crater, known as the “Missingest Man in New York”, is declared legally dead.
- 1944World War II: Battle of Normandy begins. D-Day, code named Operation Overlord, commences with the landing of 155,000 Allied troops on the beaches of Normandy in France. The allied soldiers quickly break through the Atlantic Wall and push inland in the largest amphibious military operation in history.
- 1964Under a temporary order, the rocket launches at Cuxhaven, Germany, are terminated, though they never resume.
- 2005The United States Supreme Court upholds a federal law banning cannabis, including medical marijuana, in Gonzales v. Raich.
Who were born on June 6?
- 1542Richard Grenville, English soldier and explorer (d. 1591)
- 1599Diego Velázquez, Spanish painter (d. 1660)
- 1844Konstantin Savitsky, Russian painter (d. 1905)
- 1959Jimmy Jam, American record producer
- 1974Danny Strong, American actor
- 1974Sonya Walger, British actress
- 1974Uncle Kracker, American musician
- 1976Geoff Rowley, British skateboarder
- 1983Joe Rokocoko, Fijian rugby player
- 1986Justin Allgaier, American racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.