June 6: Day of the Week
June 6, 2021 is the 157th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 208 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ACJOQMCE? Check your answers here: Word scramble ACJOQMCE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1513Italian Wars: Battle of Novara. Swiss troops defeat the French under Louis de la Tremoille, forcing the French to abandon Milan. Duke Massimiliano Sforza is restored.
- 1822Alexis St. Martin accidentally shot in the stomach, which leads way to William Beaumont’s studies on digestion.
- 1857Sophia of Nassau marries the future King Oscar II of Sweden-Norway.
- 1882More than 100,000 inhabitants of Bombay are killed as a cyclone in the Arabian Sea pushes huge waves into the harbour.
- 1882The Shewan forces of Menelik II of Ethiopia defeat the Gojjame army in the Battle of Embabo. The Shewans capture Negus Tekle Haymanot of Gojjam, and their victory leads to a Shewan hegemony over the territories south of the Abay River.
- 1909French troops capture Abéché (in modern-day Chad) and install a puppet sultan in the Ouaddai Empire.
- 1912The eruption of Novarupta in Alaska begins. It is the second largest volcanic eruption of the 20th century.
- 1933The first drive-in theater opens, in Camden, New Jersey, United States.
- 1964Under a temporary order, the rocket launches at Cuxhaven, Germany, are terminated, though they never resume.
- 1971A midair collision between a Hughes Airwest Douglas DC-9 jetliner and a United States Marine Corps McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II jet fighter near Duarte, California claims 50 lives.
Who were born on June 6?
- 1862Henry John Newbolt, English author (d. 1938)
- 1898Ninette de Valois, Irish dancer (d. 2001)
- 1898Walter Abel, American actor (d. 1987)
- 1914H. Adams Carter, American mountaineer (d. 1995)
- 1932Billie Whitelaw, English actress
- 1959David Schultz, American wrestler (d. 1996)
- 1970Anthony Norris, American wrestler
- 1970James Shaffer, American rock musician (Korn)
- 1985Chris Henry, American football player
- 1991Dong Woon, Korean singer (B2ST)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.