June 6: Day of the Week
June 6, 2021 is the 157th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 208 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UVIECET? Check your answers here: Word scramble UVIECET. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1513Italian Wars: Battle of Novara. Swiss troops defeat the French under Louis de la Tremoille, forcing the French to abandon Milan. Duke Massimiliano Sforza is restored.
- 1683The Ashmolean Museum in Oxford, England, opens as the world’s first university museum.
- 1813War of 1812: Battle of Stoney Creek – A British force of 700 under John Vincent defeats an American force two times its size under William Winder and John Chandler.
- 1844The Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA) is founded in London.
- 1918World War I: Battle of Belleau Wood – The U.S. Marine Corps suffers its worst single day’s casualties while attempting to recapture the wood at Chateau-Thierry.
- 1919The Republic of Prekmurje ends.
- 1932The Revenue Act of 1932 is enacted, creating the first gas tax in the United States, at a rate of 1 cent per US gallon (1/4 ¢/L) sold.
- 1934New Deal: U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs the Securities Act of 1933 into law, establishing the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- 1939Judge Joseph Force Crater, known as the “Missingest Man in New York”, is declared legally dead.
- 2005The United States Supreme Court upholds a federal law banning cannabis, including medical marijuana, in Gonzales v. Raich.
Who were born on June 6?
- 1576Giovanni Diodati, Swiss Protestant clergyman (d. 1649)
- 1850Karl Ferdinand Braun, German physicist, Nobel laureate (d. 1918)
- 1902Jimmie Lunceford, American bandleader (d. 1947)
- 1913Carlo L. Golino, American scholar (d. 1991)
- 1916Hamani Diori, former President of Niger (d. 1989)
- 1939Gary U.S. Bonds, American musician
- 1943Richard Smalley, American chemist, Nobel laureate (d. 2005)
- 1961Bill Bates, American football player
- 1963Eric Cantor, American politician
- 1973Kat Swift, American politician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.