June 6: Day of the Week
June 6, 2018 was the 157th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 208 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Gemini horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
June 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1752A devastating fire destroys one-third of Moscow, including 18,000 homes.
- 1808Napoleon’s brother, Joseph Bonaparte is crowned King of Spain.
- 1889The Great Seattle fire destroys the entirety of downtown Seattle, Washington.
- 1912The eruption of Novarupta in Alaska begins. It is the second largest volcanic eruption of the 20th century.
- 1918World War I: Battle of Belleau Wood – The U.S. Marine Corps suffers its worst single day’s casualties while attempting to recapture the wood at Chateau-Thierry.
- 1944World War II: Battle of Normandy begins. D-Day, code named Operation Overlord, commences with the landing of 155,000 Allied troops on the beaches of Normandy in France. The allied soldiers quickly break through the Atlantic Wall and push inland in the largest amphibious military operation in history.
- 1946The National Basketball Association is created, with eleven original teams.
- 1981Bihar train disaster A passenger train travelling between Mansi and Saharsa, India, jumps the tracks at a bridge crossing the Bagmati river. The government places the official death toll at 268 plus another 300 missing; however, it is generally believed that the actual figure is closer to 1,000 killed.
- 1993Mongolia holds its first direct presidential elections.
- 2004Tamil is established as a Classical language by the President of India, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam in a joint sitting of the two houses of the Indian Parliament.
Who were born on June 6?
- 1862Henry John Newbolt, English author (d. 1938)
- 1878Vincent de Moro-Giafferi, French criminal attorney (d. 1956)
- 1902Jimmie Lunceford, American bandleader (d. 1947)
- 1919Peter Carrington, British politician
- 1944Edgar Froese, German artist and electronic music pioneer (Tangerine Dream)
- 1945David E. Bonior, American politician
- 1958Danny Webb, English actor
- 1973Kat Swift, American politician
- 1975Staci Keanan, American actress
- 1976Geoff Rowley, British skateboarder
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.