June 6: Day of the Week
June 6, 2020 was the 158th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 208 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UXOJFPZUIEYZ? Check your answers here: Word finder UXOJFPZUIEYZ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1674Shivaji, founder of the Maratha empire is crowned.
- 1808Napoleon’s brother, Joseph Bonaparte is crowned King of Spain.
- 1832The June Rebellion of Paris is put down by the National Guard.
- 1844The Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA) is founded in London.
- 1889The Great Seattle fire destroys the entirety of downtown Seattle, Washington.
- 1894Governor Davis H. Waite orders the Colorado state militia to protect and support the miners engaged in the Cripple Creek miners’ strike.
- 1919The Republic of Prekmurje ends.
- 1946The National Basketball Association is created, with eleven original teams.
- 1993Mongolia holds its first direct presidential elections.
- 2002Eastern Mediterranean Event. A near-Earth asteroid estimated at 10 meters diameter explodes over the Mediterranean Sea between Greece and Libya. The resulting explosion is estimated to have a force of 26 kilotons, slightly more powerful than the Nagasaki atomic bomb.
Who were born on June 6?
- 1850Karl Ferdinand Braun, German physicist, Nobel laureate (d. 1918)
- 1862Henry John Newbolt, English author (d. 1938)
- 1892Donald F. Duncan Sr., American entrepreneur (d. 1971)
- 1906Max August Zorn, German-born mathematician (d. 1993)
- 1943José de Jesús Gudiño Pelayo, Mexican jurist
- 1957Christian Rach, German chef
- 1961Nir Brand, Israeli composer
- 1977Bryn Williams, Welsh chef
- 1985Chris Henry, American football player
- 1989Paula Brancati, Canadian actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.