June 6: Day of the Week
June 6, 2021 was the 157th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 208 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters HAHUJHSMZI? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters HAHUJHSMZI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1523Gustav Vasa is elected King of Sweden, marking the end of the Kalmar Union.
- 1674Shivaji, founder of the Maratha empire is crowned.
- 1808Napoleon’s brother, Joseph Bonaparte is crowned King of Spain.
- 1822Alexis St. Martin accidentally shot in the stomach, which leads way to William Beaumont’s studies on digestion.
- 1833U.S. President Andrew Jackson becomes the first President to ride on a train.
- 1882More than 100,000 inhabitants of Bombay are killed as a cyclone in the Arabian Sea pushes huge waves into the harbour.
- 1882The Shewan forces of Menelik II of Ethiopia defeat the Gojjame army in the Battle of Embabo. The Shewans capture Negus Tekle Haymanot of Gojjam, and their victory leads to a Shewan hegemony over the territories south of the Abay River.
- 1933The first drive-in theater opens, in Camden, New Jersey, United States.
- 1974A new Instrument of Government is promulgated making Sweden a parliamentary monarchy.
- 1981Bihar train disaster A passenger train travelling between Mansi and Saharsa, India, jumps the tracks at a bridge crossing the Bagmati river. The government places the official death toll at 268 plus another 300 missing; however, it is generally believed that the actual figure is closer to 1,000 killed.
Who were born on June 6?
- 1436Regiomontanus, German mathematician (d. 1476)
- 1872Tsarina Alexandra of Russia (d. 1918)
- 1932Billie Whitelaw, English actress
- 1939Louis Andriessen, Dutch composer
- 1944David Penhaligon, British politician (d. 1986)
- 1974Danny Strong, American actor
- 1975Nina Kaczorowski, American actress
- 1983Joe Rokocoko, Fijian rugby player
- 1984Noor Sabri, Iraqi footballer
- 1987Rubin Okotie, Austrian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.