June 6: Day of the Week
June 6, 2019 was the 157th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 208 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Ann’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1523Gustav Vasa is elected King of Sweden, marking the end of the Kalmar Union.
- 1644The Qing Dynasty Manchu forces led by the Shunzhi Emperor capture Beijing during the collapse of the Ming Dynasty. The Manchus would rule China until 1912 when the Republic of China is established.
- 1844The Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA) is founded in London.
- 1882The Shewan forces of Menelik II of Ethiopia defeat the Gojjame army in the Battle of Embabo. The Shewans capture Negus Tekle Haymanot of Gojjam, and their victory leads to a Shewan hegemony over the territories south of the Abay River.
- 1892Chicago ‘L’begins operation
- 1946The National Basketball Association is created, with eleven original teams.
- 1964Under a temporary order, the rocket launches at Cuxhaven, Germany, are terminated, though they never resume.
- 1971Soyuz program: Soyuz 11 launches.
- 1974A new Instrument of Government is promulgated making Sweden a parliamentary monarchy.
- 1984Tetris, one of the best-selling video games of all-time, is released.
Who were born on June 6?
- 1519Andrea Cesalpino, Italian philosopher and botanist (d. 1603)
- 1929Sunil Dutt, Indian actor and politician (d. 2005)
- 1932Billie Whitelaw, English actress
- 1933Heinrich Rohrer, Swiss physicist, Nobel laureate
- 1936Levi Stubbs, American musician (The Four Tops) (d. 2008)
- 1940Willie John McBride, Irish Rugby player
- 1959David Schultz, American wrestler (d. 1996)
- 1975Niklas Sundström, Swedish hockey player
- 1976Geoff Rowley, British skateboarder
- 1986Justin Allgaier, American racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.