June 6: Day of the Week
June 6, 2019 was the 157th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 208 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Katrina’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1654Charles X succeeds his abdicated cousin Queen Christina to the Swedish throne.
- 1832The June Rebellion of Paris is put down by the National Guard.
- 1844The Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA) is founded in London.
- 1889The Great Seattle fire destroys the entirety of downtown Seattle, Washington.
- 1932The Revenue Act of 1932 is enacted, creating the first gas tax in the United States, at a rate of 1 cent per US gallon (1/4 ¢/L) sold.
- 1934New Deal: U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs the Securities Act of 1933 into law, establishing the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- 1985The grave of “Wolfgang Gerhard” is exhumed in Embu, Brazil; the remains found are later proven to be those of Josef Mengele, Auschwitz’s “Angel of Death”. Mengele is thought to have drowned while swimming in February 1979.
- 2002Eastern Mediterranean Event. A near-Earth asteroid estimated at 10 meters diameter explodes over the Mediterranean Sea between Greece and Libya. The resulting explosion is estimated to have a force of 26 kilotons, slightly more powerful than the Nagasaki atomic bomb.
- 2004Tamil is established as a Classical language by the President of India, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam in a joint sitting of the two houses of the Indian Parliament.
- 2005The United States Supreme Court upholds a federal law banning cannabis, including medical marijuana, in Gonzales v. Raich.
Who were born on June 6?
- 1576Giovanni Diodati, Swiss Protestant clergyman (d. 1649)
- 1699Johann Georg Estor, German jurist (d. 1773)
- 1829Honinbo Shusaku, Japanese Go player (d. 1862)
- 1907Bill Dickey, American baseball player (d. 1993)
- 1934King Albert II of Belgium
- 1944Monty Alexander, Jamaican pianist
- 1949Holly Near, American folk singer
- 1952Yukihiro Takahashi, Japanese musician and singer (Yellow Magic Orchestra)
- 1959Colin Quinn, American comedian
- 1978Joy Enriquez, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.