June 6: Day of the Week
June 6, 2022 is the 157th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 208 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ENJCDIJRVEEI? Check your answers here: Word finder ENJCDIJRVEEI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1523Gustav Vasa is elected King of Sweden, marking the end of the Kalmar Union.
- 1833U.S. President Andrew Jackson becomes the first President to ride on a train.
- 1844The Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA) is founded in London.
- 1862American Civil War: Battle of Memphis – Union forces capture Memphis, Tennessee, from the Confederates.
- 1919The Republic of Prekmurje ends.
- 1934New Deal: U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs the Securities Act of 1933 into law, establishing the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- 1942World War II: Battle of Midway. U.S. Navy dive bombers sink the Japanese cruiser Mikuma and four Japanese carriers.
- 1984Tetris, one of the best-selling video games of all-time, is released.
- 1993Mongolia holds its first direct presidential elections.
- 2002Eastern Mediterranean Event. A near-Earth asteroid estimated at 10 meters diameter explodes over the Mediterranean Sea between Greece and Libya. The resulting explosion is estimated to have a force of 26 kilotons, slightly more powerful than the Nagasaki atomic bomb.
Who were born on June 6?
- 1436Regiomontanus, German mathematician (d. 1476)
- 1872Tsarina Alexandra of Russia (d. 1918)
- 1875Thomas Mann, German writer, Nobel laureate (d. 1955)
- 1932David Scott, American astronaut
- 1945Arthur Shawcross, American serial killer (d. 2008)
- 1959Georgios Voulgarakis, Greek politician
- 1966Sean Yseult, American musician (White Zombie)
- 1983Gemma Bissix, British actress
- 1986Justin Allgaier, American racing driver
- 1991Dong Woon, Korean singer (B2ST)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.