June 6, 1944: Day of the Week
June 6, 1944 was the 158th day of the year 1944 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 208 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
A person born on this day will be 79 years old today. If that same person saved a Dime every day starting at age 5, then by now that person has accumulated $2,713.70 today.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters VLRWHLIZUEFA? Check your answers here: Word scramble VLRWHLIZUEFA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Here’s the June 1944 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1944 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Monkey is the mythical animal and Wood is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
June 6, 1944 Historical Event(s)
- 1944World War II: Battle of Normandy begins. D-Day, code named Operation Overlord, commences with the landing of 155,000 Allied troops on the beaches of Normandy in France. The allied soldiers quickly break through the Atlantic Wall and push inland in the largest amphibious military operation in history.
Who were born on June 6, 1944?
- 1944David Penhaligon, British politician (d. 1986)
- 1944Edgar Froese, German artist and electronic music pioneer (Tangerine Dream)
- 1944Monty Alexander, Jamaican pianist
- 1944Phillip Allen Sharp, American scientist, Nobel laureate
- 1944Tommie Smith, American track and field athlete
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.