June 8: Day of the Week
June 8, 2020 was the 160th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 206 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Charlie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 8 Historical Event(s)
- 68The Roman Senate proclaims Galba as emperor.
- 218Battle of Antioch: Elagabalus defeats with support of the Syrian legions the forces of emperor Macrinus. He flees, but is captured near Chalcedon and later executed in Cappadocia.
- 1794Robespierre inaugurates the French Revolution’s new state religion, the Cult of the Supreme Being, with large organized festivals all across France.
- 1912Carl Laemmle incorporates Universal Pictures.
- 1928Second Northern Expedition: The National Revolutionary Army captures Peking, whose name is changed to Beiping (“Northern peace”).
- 1942World War II: Japanese imperial submarines I-21 and I-24 shell the Australian cities of Sydney and Newcastle.
- 1950Sir Thomas Blamey becomes the only Australian-born Field Marshal in Australian history.
- 1953The United States Supreme Court rules that Washington, D.C. restaurants could not refuse to serve black patrons.
- 1967Six-Day War: The Israeli army enters Hebron and the Cave of the Patriarchs.
- 1967Six-Day War: The USS Liberty incident occurs, killing 34 and wounding 171.
Who were born on June 8?
- 1901Lena Baker, American murderer (d. 1945)
- 1918John D. Roberts, American chemist
- 1921Alexis Smith, Canadian actress (d. 1993)
- 1931Dana Wynter, German-born American actress (d. 2011)
- 1963Frank Grillo, American actor
- 1969J.P. Manoux, American actor
- 1970Gabrielle Giffords, American politician
- 1971Mark Feuerstein, American actor
- 1976Lindsay Davenport, American tennis player
- 1979Adine Wilson, New Zealand netball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.