June 8: Day of the Week
June 8, 2019 was the 159th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 206 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
June 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1191Richard I arrives in Acre (Palestine) thus beginning his crusade.
- 1776American Revolutionary War: Battle of Trois-Rivières – American attackers are driven back at Trois-Rivières, Quebec.
- 1783The volcano Laki, in Iceland, begins an eight-month eruption which kills over 9,000 people and starts a seven-year famine.
- 1789James Madison introduces twelve proposed amendments to the United States Constitution in the House of Representatives; by 1791, ten of them are ratified by the state legislatures and become the Bill of Rights; another is eventually ratified in 1992 to become the 27th Amendment.
- 1887Herman Hollerith applies for US patent #395,791 for the ‘Art of Applying Statistics’– his punched card calculator.
- 1948Milton Berle hosts the debut of Texaco Star Theater.
- 1950Sir Thomas Blamey becomes the only Australian-born Field Marshal in Australian history.
- 1953The United States Supreme Court rules that Washington, D.C. restaurants could not refuse to serve black patrons.
- 1967Six-Day War: The USS Liberty incident occurs, killing 34 and wounding 171.
- 1968Robert F. Kennedy’s funeral takes place at the Basilica of St. Patrick’s Cathedral, New York City.
Who were born on June 8?
- 1859Smith Wigglesworth, British religious figure (d. 1947)
- 1918John D. Roberts, American chemist
- 1946Alan Scarfe, British-born Canadian actor
- 1954Marios Tokas, Greek-Cypriot composer (d. 2008)
- 1960Thomas Steen, Swedish hockey player
- 1982Michael Cammalleri, Canadian hockey player
- 1982Nadia Petrova, Russian tennis player
- 1984Andrea Casiraghi, Monagasque royalty
- 1987Issiar Dia, Senegalese footballer
- 1989Christina Broccolini, Canadian TV presenter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.