June 8: Day of the Week
June 8, 2020 is the 160th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 206 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Tabitha’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1191Richard I arrives in Acre (Palestine) thus beginning his crusade.
- 1690Siddi general Yadi Sakat, razes the Mazagon Fort in Mumbai.
- 1776American Revolutionary War: Battle of Trois-Rivières – American attackers are driven back at Trois-Rivières, Quebec.
- 1861American Civil War: Tennessee secedes from the Union.
- 1948Milton Berle hosts the debut of Texaco Star Theater.
- 1959The USS Barbero and United States Postal Service attempt the delivery of mail via Missile Mail.
- 1966Topeka, Kansas is devastated by a tornado that registers as an “F5” on the Fujita Scale: the first to exceed US$100 million in damages. Sixteen people are killed, hundreds more injured, and thousands of homes damaged or destroyed.
- 1967Six-Day War: The USS Liberty incident occurs, killing 34 and wounding 171.
- 1987New Zealand’s Labour government establishes a national nuclear-free zone under the New Zealand Nuclear Free Zone, Disarmament, and Arms Control Act 1987
- 2007Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia, is hit by the State’s worst storms and flooding in 30 years resulting in the death of nine people and the grounding of trade ship, the MV Pasha Bulker.
Who were born on June 8?
- 1916Francis Crick, English molecular biologist; Nobel laureate (d. 2004)
- 1925Barbara Bush, First Lady of the United States
- 1943Colin Baker, British actor
- 1953Jani Kovačič, Slovenian singer-songwriter
- 1953Olav Stedje, Norwegian singer-songwriter
- 1962Nick Rhodes, English musician (Duran Duran)
- 1963Frank Grillo, American actor
- 1969J.P. Manoux, American actor
- 1976Trish Goff, American model
- 1979Pete Orr, Canadian baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.