June 8: Day of the Week
June 8, 2018 was the 159th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 206 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Gemini horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
June 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1776American Revolutionary War: Battle of Trois-Rivières – American attackers are driven back at Trois-Rivières, Quebec.
- 1783The volcano Laki, in Iceland, begins an eight-month eruption which kills over 9,000 people and starts a seven-year famine.
- 1794Robespierre inaugurates the French Revolution’s new state religion, the Cult of the Supreme Being, with large organized festivals all across France.
- 1856A group of 194 Pitcairn Islanders, descendants of the mutineers of HMS Bounty, arrives at Norfolk Island commencing the Third Settlement of the Island.
- 1861American Civil War: Tennessee secedes from the Union.
- 1928Second Northern Expedition: The National Revolutionary Army captures Peking, whose name is changed to Beiping (“Northern peace”).
- 1942World War II: Japanese imperial submarines I-21 and I-24 shell the Australian cities of Sydney and Newcastle.
- 1966An F-104 Starfighter collides with XB-70 Valkyrie prototype no. 2 destroying both planes during a photo shoot near Edwards Air Force Base. NASA pilot Joseph A. Walker and United States Air Force test pilot Carl Cross are both killed.
- 1968Robert F. Kennedy’s funeral takes place at the Basilica of St. Patrick’s Cathedral, New York City.
- 1992The first World Ocean Day is celebrated, coinciding with the Earth Summit held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Who were born on June 8?
- 1717John Collins, American politician (d. 1795)
- 1867Frank Lloyd Wright, American architect (d. 1959)
- 1920Gwen Harwood, Australian poet (d. 1995)
- 1921LeRoy Neiman, American painter
- 1930Robert Aumann, German-born Israeli mathematician; Nobel laureate
- 1950Sonia Braga, Brazilian actress
- 1970Kwame Kilpatrick, former mayor of Detroit, Michigan
- 1973Lucija Šerbedžija, Croatian actress
- 1975Bryan McCabe, Canadian hockey player
- 1981Alex Band, American singer (The Calling)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.