June 8: Day of the Week
June 8, 2021 was the 159th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 206 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QEAILPQQEHIV? Check your answers here: Word finder QEAILPQQEHIV. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1405Richard le Scrope, Archbishop of York and Thomas Mowbray, Earl of Norfolk, are executed in York on Henry IV’s orders.
- 1690Siddi general Yadi Sakat, razes the Mazagon Fort in Mumbai.
- 1861American Civil War: Tennessee secedes from the Union.
- 1912Carl Laemmle incorporates Universal Pictures.
- 1942World War II: Japanese imperial submarines I-21 and I-24 shell the Australian cities of Sydney and Newcastle.
- 1949George Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-Four is published.
- 1967Six-Day War: The Israeli army enters Hebron and the Cave of the Patriarchs.
- 1987New Zealand’s Labour government establishes a national nuclear-free zone under the New Zealand Nuclear Free Zone, Disarmament, and Arms Control Act 1987
- 1992The first World Ocean Day is celebrated, coinciding with the Earth Summit held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- 2004The first Venus Transit in modern history takes place, the previous one being in 1882.
Who were born on June 8?
- 1625Giovanni Domenico Cassini, Italian scientist and astronomer (d. 1712)
- 1745Caspar Wessel, Danish mathematician (d. 1818)
- 1872Jan Frans De Boever, Belgian painter (d. 1949)
- 1897John G. Bennett, British scientist and author (d. 1974)
- 1918John D. Roberts, American chemist
- 1927Jerry Stiller, American comedian and actor
- 1970Troy Vincent, American footballer
- 1973Bryant Reeves, American basketball player
- 1973Lucija Šerbedžija, Croatian actress
- 1979Derek Trucks, American guitarist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.