June 8: Day of the Week
June 8, 2021 is the 159th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 206 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters JESAUNMSSOWA? Check your answers here: Word finder JESAUNMSSOWA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 8 Historical Event(s)
- 68The Roman Senate proclaims Galba as emperor.
- 1191Richard I arrives in Acre (Palestine) thus beginning his crusade.
- 1405Richard le Scrope, Archbishop of York and Thomas Mowbray, Earl of Norfolk, are executed in York on Henry IV’s orders.
- 1861American Civil War: Tennessee secedes from the Union.
- 1912Carl Laemmle incorporates Universal Pictures.
- 1941World War II: Allies invade Syria and Lebanon.
- 1942World War II: Japanese imperial submarines I-21 and I-24 shell the Australian cities of Sydney and Newcastle.
- 1949Celebrities Helen Keller, Dorothy Parker, Danny Kaye, Fredric March, John Garfield, Paul Muni and Edward G. Robinson are named in an FBI report as Communist Party members.
- 1968Robert F. Kennedy’s funeral takes place at the Basilica of St. Patrick’s Cathedral, New York City.
- 1995Downed U.S. Air Force pilot Captain Scott O'Grady is rescued by U.S. Marines in Bosnia.
Who were born on June 8?
- 1810Robert Schumann, German composer (d. 1856)
- 1851Jacques-Arsène d'Arsonval, French physicist (d. 1940)
- 1918Robert Preston, American actor (d. 1987)
- 1927Jerry Stiller, American comedian and actor
- 1933Joan Rivers, American comedian and author
- 1941Robert Bradford, Northern Irish politician (d. 1981)
- 1956Udo Bullmann, German politician
- 1962John Gibbons, American Baseball Player/Manager
- 1970Gabrielle Giffords, American politician
- 1981Matteo Meneghello, Italian racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.