June 8: Day of the Week
June 8, 2019 is the 159th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 206 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Gemini horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
June 8 Historical Event(s)
- 68The Roman Senate proclaims Galba as emperor.
- 218Battle of Antioch: Elagabalus defeats with support of the Syrian legions the forces of emperor Macrinus. He flees, but is captured near Chalcedon and later executed in Cappadocia.
- 1861American Civil War: Tennessee secedes from the Union.
- 1862American Civil War: Battle of Cross Keys – Confederate forces under General Stonewall Jackson save the Army of Northern Virginia from a Union assault on the James Peninsula led by General George B. McClellan.
- 1887Herman Hollerith applies for US patent #395,791 for the ‘Art of Applying Statistics’– his punched card calculator.
- 1948Milton Berle hosts the debut of Texaco Star Theater.
- 1959The USS Barbero and United States Postal Service attempt the delivery of mail via Missile Mail.
- 1984Homosexuality is declared legal in the Australian state of New South Wales.
- 1987New Zealand’s Labour government establishes a national nuclear-free zone under the New Zealand Nuclear Free Zone, Disarmament, and Arms Control Act 1987
- 2004The first Venus Transit in modern history takes place, the previous one being in 1882.
Who were born on June 8?
- 1897John G. Bennett, British scientist and author (d. 1974)
- 1910Fernand Fonssagrives, French photographer (d. 2003)
- 1936James Darren, American actor and singer
- 1936Kenneth G. Wilson, American physicist, Nobel laureate
- 1942Chuck Negron, American singer (Three Dog Night)
- 1950Kathy Baker, American actress
- 1962Nick Rhodes, English musician (Duran Duran)
- 1975Shilpa Shetty, Indian actress
- 1981Jess Weixler, American actress
- 1983Mamoru Miyano, Japanese voice actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.