June 8: Day of the Week
June 8, 2020 is the 160th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 206 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Arthur’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 8 Historical Event(s)
- 793Vikings raid the abbey at Lindisfarne in Northumbria, commonly accepted as the beginning of the Scandinavian invasion of England.
- 1789James Madison introduces twelve proposed amendments to the United States Constitution in the House of Representatives; by 1791, ten of them are ratified by the state legislatures and become the Bill of Rights; another is eventually ratified in 1992 to become the 27th Amendment.
- 1856A group of 194 Pitcairn Islanders, descendants of the mutineers of HMS Bounty, arrives at Norfolk Island commencing the Third Settlement of the Island.
- 1861American Civil War: Tennessee secedes from the Union.
- 1948Milton Berle hosts the debut of Texaco Star Theater.
- 1949George Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-Four is published.
- 1967Six-Day War: The Israeli army enters Hebron and the Cave of the Patriarchs.
- 1984Homosexuality is declared legal in the Australian state of New South Wales.
- 1995Downed U.S. Air Force pilot Captain Scott O'Grady is rescued by U.S. Marines in Bosnia.
- 2008The Akihabara massacre takes place in the Akihabara shopping quarter in Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan. Tomohiro Katō drives a two-ton truck into a crowd before leaving the truck and attacking people with a knife.
Who were born on June 8?
- 1625Giovanni Domenico Cassini, Italian scientist and astronomer (d. 1712)
- 1943Willie Davenport, American athlete (d. 2002)
- 1951Tony Rice, American acoustic guitarist
- 1956Udo Bullmann, German politician
- 1958Keenen Ivory Wayans, American actor and director
- 1960Thomas Steen, Swedish hockey player
- 1970Kelli Williams, American actress
- 1971Mark Feuerstein, American actor
- 1972Troy Duffy, American director (The Boondock Saints)
- 1987Coralie Balmy, French swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.