June 8: Day of the Week
June 8, 2020 was the 160th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 206 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters RYVSOOQEAT? Check your answers here: Unscramble words RYVSOOQEAT. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 8 Historical Event(s)
- 68The Roman Senate proclaims Galba as emperor.
- 1191Richard I arrives in Acre (Palestine) thus beginning his crusade.
- 1405Richard le Scrope, Archbishop of York and Thomas Mowbray, Earl of Norfolk, are executed in York on Henry IV’s orders.
- 1794Robespierre inaugurates the French Revolution’s new state religion, the Cult of the Supreme Being, with large organized festivals all across France.
- 1861American Civil War: Tennessee secedes from the Union.
- 1906Theodore Roosevelt signs the Antiquities Act into law, authorizing the President to restrict the use of certain parcels of public land with historical or conservation value.
- 1950Sir Thomas Blamey becomes the only Australian-born Field Marshal in Australian history.
- 1953The United States Supreme Court rules that Washington, D.C. restaurants could not refuse to serve black patrons.
- 1967Six-Day War: The USS Liberty incident occurs, killing 34 and wounding 171.
- 1984Homosexuality is declared legal in the Australian state of New South Wales.
Who were born on June 8?
- 1854Douglas Colin Cameron, Canadian politician (d. 1921)
- 1885Karl Genzken, Nazi physician (d. 1957)
- 1903Ralph Yarborough, U.S. Senator from Texas (d. 1996)
- 1953Olav Stedje, Norwegian singer-songwriter
- 1957Dimple Kapadia, Indian actress
- 1960Mick Hucknall, English singer and songwriter (Simply Red)
- 1963Frank Grillo, American actor
- 1965Kevin Farley, American actor
- 1970Gabrielle Giffords, American politician
- 1979Derek Trucks, American guitarist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.