June 8: Day of the Week
June 8, 2019 was the 159th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 206 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Colleen’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 8 Historical Event(s)
- 68The Roman Senate proclaims Galba as emperor.
- 1690Siddi general Yadi Sakat, razes the Mazagon Fort in Mumbai.
- 1861American Civil War: Tennessee secedes from the Union.
- 1887Herman Hollerith applies for US patent #395,791 for the ‘Art of Applying Statistics’– his punched card calculator.
- 1912Carl Laemmle incorporates Universal Pictures.
- 1928Second Northern Expedition: The National Revolutionary Army captures Peking, whose name is changed to Beiping (“Northern peace”).
- 1942World War II: Japanese imperial submarines I-21 and I-24 shell the Australian cities of Sydney and Newcastle.
- 1949Celebrities Helen Keller, Dorothy Parker, Danny Kaye, Fredric March, John Garfield, Paul Muni and Edward G. Robinson are named in an FBI report as Communist Party members.
- 1953The United States Supreme Court rules that Washington, D.C. restaurants could not refuse to serve black patrons.
- 1972Vietnam War: Associated Press photographer Nick Ut takes his Pulitzer Prize-winning photo of a naked 9-year-old Phan Thị Kim Phúc running down a road after being burned by napalm.
Who were born on June 8?
- 1757Cardinal Ercole Consalvi, Italian Roman Catholic Cardinal (d. 1824)
- 1916Francis Crick, English molecular biologist; Nobel laureate (d. 2004)
- 1916Luigi Comencini, Italian film director (d. 2007)
- 1925Eddie Gaedel, American baseball player (d. 1961)
- 1940Arthur Elgort, American fashion photographer
- 1940Nancy Sinatra, American singer
- 1949Emanuel Ax, Polish-born pianist
- 1960Mick Hucknall, English singer and songwriter (Simply Red)
- 1970Gabrielle Giffords, American politician
- 1981Matteo Meneghello, Italian racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.