June 9: Day of the Week
June 9, 2021 was the 160th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 205 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters MUULGLOF? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters MUULGLOF. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 9 Historical Event(s)
- 721Odo of Aquitaine defeats the Moors in the Battle of Toulouse.
- 1534Jacques Cartier is the first European to discover the Saint Lawrence River.
- 1650The Harvard Corporation, the more powerful of the two administrative boards of Harvard, is established. It is the first legal corporation in the Americas.
- 1856Five hundred Mormons leave Iowa City, Iowa and head west for Salt Lake City carrying all their possessions in two-wheeled handcarts.
- 1928Charles Kingsford Smith completes the first trans-Pacific flight in a Fokker Trimotor monoplane, the Southern Cross.
- 1930Chicago Tribune reporter Jake Lingle is killed during rush hour at the Illinois Central train station by Leo Vincent Brothers, allegedly over a 100,000 USD gambling debt owed to Al Capone.
- 1944World War II: 99 civilians are hung from lampposts and balconies by German troops in Tulle, France, in reprisal for maquisards attacks.
- 1944World War II: the Soviet Union invades East Karelia and the previously Finnish part of Karelia, occupied by Finland since 1941.
- 1978The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints opens its priesthood to “all worthy men”, ending a 148-year-old policy excluding black men.
- 1979The Ghost Train Fire at Luna Park Sydney (New South Wales, Australia) kills seven.
Who were born on June 9?
- 1898Luigi Fagioli, Italian racing driver (d. 1952)
- 1930Monique Andrée Serf, French singer (d. 1997)
- 1938Charles Wuorinen, American composer
- 1954George Pérez, American comic book artist
- 1964Gloria Reuben, Canadian actress
- 1969Nick Kiriazis, American actor
- 1970Erika Miklósa, Hungarian coloratura soprano
- 1975Otto Addo, German-born Ghanaian footballer
- 1981Vic Zhou, Taiwanese actor, singer and model
- 1983Alex Templeton-Ward, musician, writer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.