June 9: Day of the Week
June 9, 2021 is the 160th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 205 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters DIRJCXAAIWI? Check your answers here: Word finder DIRJCXAAIWI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 9 Historical Event(s)
- 62Claudia Octavia is executed.
- 721Odo of Aquitaine defeats the Moors in the Battle of Toulouse.
- 1856Five hundred Mormons leave Iowa City, Iowa and head west for Salt Lake City carrying all their possessions in two-wheeled handcarts.
- 1873Alexandra Palace in London burns down after being open for only 16 days.
- 1900Birsa Munda, an important figure in the Indian independence movement, dies in British prison under mysterious circumstances.
- 1934Donald Duck makes his debut in The Wise Little Hen.
- 1953Flint-Worcester tornado outbreak sequence: a tornado spawned from the same storm system as the Flint tornado hits in Worcester, Massachusetts killing 94.
- 1958Queen Elizabeth II officially opens London Gatwick Airport, (LGW) in Crawley, West Sussex, United Kingdom.
- 1968U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson declares a national day of mourning following the assassination of Senator Robert F. Kennedy.
- 1979The Ghost Train Fire at Luna Park Sydney (New South Wales, Australia) kills seven.
Who were born on June 9?
- 1898Luigi Fagioli, Italian racing driver (d. 1952)
- 1922George Axelrod, American producer, playwright and director (d. 2003)
- 1954Gregory Maguire, American novelist
- 1963David Koepp, American screenwriter and director
- 1973Frederic Choffat, Swiss film director
- 1978Shandi Finnessey, American beauty queen
- 1982Andrew Walker, Canadian actor
- 1984Kaleth Morales, Colombian vallenato singer and songwriter (d. 2005)
- 1986Karan Wahi, Indian actor
- 1989Dídac Vilà, Spanish footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.