June 9: Day of the Week
June 9, 2019 is the 160th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 205 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
June 9 Historical Event(s)
- 62Claudia Octavia is executed.
- 68Roman Emperor Nero commits suicide, after quoting Homer’s Iliad, thus ending the Julio-Claudian Dynasty and starting the civil year known as the Year of the Four Emperors.
- 1815End of the Congress of Vienna: the new European political situation is set.
- 1862American Civil War: Stonewall Jackson concludes his successful Shenandoah Valley Campaign with a victory in the Battle of Port Republic; his tactics during the campaign are now studied by militaries around the world.
- 1930Chicago Tribune reporter Jake Lingle is killed during rush hour at the Illinois Central train station by Leo Vincent Brothers, allegedly over a 100,000 USD gambling debt owed to Al Capone.
- 1944World War II: the Soviet Union invades East Karelia and the previously Finnish part of Karelia, occupied by Finland since 1941.
- 1946King Bhumibol Adulyadej ascends to the throne of Thailand. He is currently the world’s longest reigning monarch.
- 1953Flint-Worcester tornado outbreak sequence: a tornado spawned from the same storm system as the Flint tornado hits in Worcester, Massachusetts killing 94.
- 1974Portugal and the Soviet Union establish diplomatic relations.
- 1985Thomas Sutherland is kidnapped in Lebanon (he will not be released until 1991).
Who were born on June 9?
- 1912Ingolf Dahl, American composer (d. 1970)
- 1916Jurij Brězan, Sorbian writer (d. 2006)
- 1931Joe Santos, American actor
- 1936Jackie Mason, American comedian
- 1945Nike Wagner, German art festival director
- 1954George Pérez, American comic book artist
- 1973Grant Marshall, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1980D'banj, Nigerian singer, songwriter and harmonica player
- 1988Sara Isakovič, Slovenian swimmer
- 1989Dídac Vilà, Spanish footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.