June 9: Day of the Week
June 9, 2020 was the 161st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 205 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Candice’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 9 Historical Event(s)
- 62Claudia Octavia is executed.
- 721Odo of Aquitaine defeats the Moors in the Battle of Toulouse.
- 1650The Harvard Corporation, the more powerful of the two administrative boards of Harvard, is established. It is the first legal corporation in the Americas.
- 1772The British schooner Gaspée is burned off the coast of Rhode Island.
- 1815End of the Congress of Vienna: the new European political situation is set.
- 1873Alexandra Palace in London burns down after being open for only 16 days.
- 1915William Jennings Bryan resigns as Woodrow Wilson‘s Secretary of State over a disagreement regarding the United States’handling of the sinking of the RMS Lusitania.
- 1930Chicago Tribune reporter Jake Lingle is killed during rush hour at the Illinois Central train station by Leo Vincent Brothers, allegedly over a 100,000 USD gambling debt owed to Al Capone.
- 1954McCarthyism: Joseph Welch, special counsel for the United States Army, lashes out at Senator Joseph McCarthy during hearings on whether Communism has infiltrated the Army giving McCarthy the famous rebuke, “You've done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?”
- 1985Thomas Sutherland is kidnapped in Lebanon (he will not be released until 1991).
Who were born on June 9?
- 1640Leopold I, Holy Roman Emperor (d. 1705)
- 1910Robert Cummings, American actor (d. 1990)
- 1911George Webb, British actor (d. 1998)
- 1915Les Paul, American guitarist and inventor (d. 2009)
- 1973Grant Marshall, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1973Iain Lee, British television/radio personality
- 1980Udonis Haslem, American basketball player
- 1982Andrew Walker, Canadian actor
- 1984Jake Newton, Guyanese footballer
- 1985Sonam Kapoor, Indian actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.