June 9: Day of the Week
June 9, 2019 was the 160th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 205 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
June 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1650The Harvard Corporation, the more powerful of the two administrative boards of Harvard, is established. It is the first legal corporation in the Americas.
- 1798Irish Rebellion of 1798: Battle of Arklow and Battle of Saintfield.
- 1863American Civil War: Battle of Brandy Station, Virginia.
- 1885A peace treaty is signed to end the Sino-French War, with China eventually giving up Tonkin and Annam - most of present-day Vietnam - to France.
- 1923Bulgaria’s military takes over the government in a coup.
- 1928Charles Kingsford Smith completes the first trans-Pacific flight in a Fokker Trimotor monoplane, the Southern Cross.
- 1934Donald Duck makes his debut in The Wise Little Hen.
- 1967Six-Day War: Israel captures the Golan Heights from Syria
- 1968U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson declares a national day of mourning following the assassination of Senator Robert F. Kennedy.
- 1973Secretariat wins the Triple Crown.
Who were born on June 9?
- 1595King Wladislaus IV of Poland (d. 1648)
- 1865Carl Nielsen, Danish composer (d. 1931)
- 1916Jurij Brězan, Sorbian writer (d. 2006)
- 1955Stephen Pewsey, English historian
- 1967Jian Ghomeshi, Canadian broadcaster
- 1969Eric Wynalda, American footballer
- 1970Erika Miklósa, Hungarian coloratura soprano
- 1975Otto Addo, German-born Ghanaian footballer
- 1980Lehlohonolo Seema, South African football player
- 1988Sara Isakovič, Slovenian swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.