June 9: Day of the Week
June 9, 2023 is the 160th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 205 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EERVYKZEJIH? Check your answers here: Words with these letters EERVYKZEJIH. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 9 Historical Event(s)
- 411 BCCoup in Athens succeeds, forming a short-lived oligarchy.
- 68Roman Emperor Nero commits suicide, after quoting Homer’s Iliad, thus ending the Julio-Claudian Dynasty and starting the civil year known as the Year of the Four Emperors.
- 721Odo of Aquitaine defeats the Moors in the Battle of Toulouse.
- 1667The Raid on the Medway by the Dutch fleet begins. It lasts for five days and results in a decisive victory by the Dutch over the English in the Second Anglo-Dutch War.
- 1798Irish Rebellion of 1798: Battle of Arklow and Battle of Saintfield.
- 1915William Jennings Bryan resigns as Woodrow Wilson‘s Secretary of State over a disagreement regarding the United States’handling of the sinking of the RMS Lusitania.
- 1934Donald Duck makes his debut in The Wise Little Hen.
- 1967Six-Day War: Israel captures the Golan Heights from Syria
- 1968U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson declares a national day of mourning following the assassination of Senator Robert F. Kennedy.
- 2008In the town of Lake Delton, Wisconsin, Lake Delton drains as a result of heavy flooding breaking the dam holding the lake back.
Who were born on June 9?
- 1672Tsar Peter I of Russia (d. 1725)
- 1893Irish Meusel, American baseball player (d. 1963)
- 1925Keith Laumer, American author (d. 1993)
- 1938Charles Wuorinen, American composer
- 1954Gregory Maguire, American novelist
- 1968Niki Bakoyianni, Greek high jumper
- 1981Anoushka Shankar, English-born sitarist, daughter of Ravi Shankar
- 1989Chloë Agnew, Irish singer (Celtic Woman)
- 1990Lauren Socha, English actress
- 1993Danielle Chuchran, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.