June 9: Day of the Week
June 9, 2021 is the 160th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 205 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters DIIOTGPTQUBU? Check your answers here: Unscramble words DIIOTGPTQUBU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 9 Historical Event(s)
- 68Roman Emperor Nero commits suicide, after quoting Homer’s Iliad, thus ending the Julio-Claudian Dynasty and starting the civil year known as the Year of the Four Emperors.
- 1732James Oglethorpe is granted a royal charter for the colony of the future U.S. state of Georgia.
- 1856Five hundred Mormons leave Iowa City, Iowa and head west for Salt Lake City carrying all their possessions in two-wheeled handcarts.
- 1885A peace treaty is signed to end the Sino-French War, with China eventually giving up Tonkin and Annam - most of present-day Vietnam - to France.
- 1900Birsa Munda, an important figure in the Indian independence movement, dies in British prison under mysterious circumstances.
- 1915William Jennings Bryan resigns as Woodrow Wilson‘s Secretary of State over a disagreement regarding the United States’handling of the sinking of the RMS Lusitania.
- 1924In the second attempt to climb Mount Everest, George Mallory and Andrew “Sandy” Irvine disappear, possibly having first made it to the top.
- 1934Donald Duck makes his debut in The Wise Little Hen.
- 1973Secretariat wins the Triple Crown.
- 2008In the town of Lake Delton, Wisconsin, Lake Delton drains as a result of heavy flooding breaking the dam holding the lake back.
Who were born on June 9?
- 1640Leopold I, Holy Roman Emperor (d. 1705)
- 1882Robert Kerr, Canadian sprinter (d. 1963)
- 1951Dave Parker, American baseball player
- 1954Elizabeth May, Leader of the Green Party of Canada
- 1963David Koepp, American screenwriter and director
- 1967Rubén Maza, Venezuelan long-distance runner
- 1978Matthew Bellamy, English vocalist, guitarist, pianist and songwriter (Muse)
- 1984Aruni Kashyap, Indian poet
- 1985Richard Kahui, New Zealand All Black rugby player
- 1993Danielle Chuchran, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.