June 9: Day of the Week
June 9, 2020 was the 161st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 205 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Dawn’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 9 Historical Event(s)
- 62Claudia Octavia is executed.
- 68Roman Emperor Nero commits suicide, after quoting Homer’s Iliad, thus ending the Julio-Claudian Dynasty and starting the civil year known as the Year of the Four Emperors.
- 1650The Harvard Corporation, the more powerful of the two administrative boards of Harvard, is established. It is the first legal corporation in the Americas.
- 1772The British schooner Gaspée is burned off the coast of Rhode Island.
- 1923Bulgaria’s military takes over the government in a coup.
- 1924In the second attempt to climb Mount Everest, George Mallory and Andrew “Sandy” Irvine disappear, possibly having first made it to the top.
- 1928Charles Kingsford Smith completes the first trans-Pacific flight in a Fokker Trimotor monoplane, the Southern Cross.
- 1930Chicago Tribune reporter Jake Lingle is killed during rush hour at the Illinois Central train station by Leo Vincent Brothers, allegedly over a 100,000 USD gambling debt owed to Al Capone.
- 1965Civilian Prime Minister of South Vietnam Phan Huy Quat resigned after being unable to work with a junta led by Nguyen Cao Ky.
- 1999Kosovo War: the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia and NATO sign a peace treaty.
Who were born on June 9?
- 1943John Fitzpatrick, British racing driver
- 1949Kiran Bedi, Indian social activist and police officer
- 1954George Pérez, American comic book artist
- 1964Wayman Tisdale, American basketball player and smooth jazz bassist (d. 2009)
- 1967Rubén Maza, Venezuelan long-distance runner
- 1973Iain Lee, British television/radio personality
- 1978Michaela Conlin, American actress
- 1981Anoushka Shankar, English-born sitarist, daughter of Ravi Shankar
- 1983Jim Tang, Hong Kong actor
- 1988Sara Isakovič, Slovenian swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.