June 9: Day of the Week
June 9, 2020 is the 161st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 205 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Claire’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 9 Historical Event(s)
- 68Roman Emperor Nero commits suicide, after quoting Homer’s Iliad, thus ending the Julio-Claudian Dynasty and starting the civil year known as the Year of the Four Emperors.
- 1310Duccio’s Maestà Altarpiece, a seminal artwork of the early Italian Renaissance, is unveiled and installed in the Siena Cathedral in Siena, Italy.
- 1798Irish Rebellion of 1798: Battle of Arklow and Battle of Saintfield.
- 1815End of the Congress of Vienna: the new European political situation is set.
- 1856Five hundred Mormons leave Iowa City, Iowa and head west for Salt Lake City carrying all their possessions in two-wheeled handcarts.
- 1953Flint-Worcester tornado outbreak sequence: a tornado spawned from the same storm system as the Flint tornado hits in Worcester, Massachusetts killing 94.
- 1959The USS George Washington is launched. It is the first submarine to carry ballistic missiles.
- 1978The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints opens its priesthood to “all worthy men”, ending a 148-year-old policy excluding black men.
- 1986The Rogers Commission releases its report on the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster.
- 2008In the town of Lake Delton, Wisconsin, Lake Delton drains as a result of heavy flooding breaking the dam holding the lake back.
Who were born on June 9?
- 1640Leopold I, Holy Roman Emperor (d. 1705)
- 1906Robert Klark Graham, American eugenicist and entrepreneur (d. 1997)
- 1916Jurij Brězan, Sorbian writer (d. 2006)
- 1930Monique Andrée Serf, French singer (d. 1997)
- 1943Joe Haldeman, American science fiction author
- 1951James Newton Howard, American film composer
- 1954George Pérez, American comic book artist
- 1967Mike Freestone, Neither a runner or a murderer
- 1967Richard Cooey, American murderer (d. 2008)
- 1970Robert W. Brown II, American lawyer and entrepreneur
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.