March 10: Day of the Week
March 10, 2017 was the 69th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 296 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Pisces horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1629Charles I of England dissolves the Parliament, beginning the eleven-year period known as the Personal Rule.
- 1735An agreement between Nadir Shah and Russia is signed near Ganja and Russian troops are withdrawn from Baku.
- 1831The French Foreign Legion is established by King Louis-Philippe to support his war in Algeria.
- 1861El Hadj Umar Tall seizes the city of Ségou, destroying the Bambara Empire of Mali.
- 1891Almon Strowger, an undertaker in Topeka, Kansas, patents the Strowger switch, a device which led to the automation of telephone circuit switching.
- 1917Batangas is formally founded as one of the Philippines’s earliest encomiendas.
- 1952Fulgencio Batista leads a successful coup in Cuba and appoints himself as the “provisional president”.
- 1959Tibetan uprising: Fearing an abduction attempt by China, 300,000 Tibetans surround the Dalai Lama’s palace to prevent his removal.
- 1968Vietnam War: Battle of Lima Site 85, concluding the 11th with largest single ground combat loss of United States Air Force members (12) during that war.
- 1990In Haiti, Prosper Avril is ousted 18 months after seizing power in a coup.
Who were born on March 10?
- 1772Friedrich von Schlegel, German aesthetician (d. 1829)
- 1888Baldwin Cooke, American actor d. 1953
- 1920Alfred Peet, Dutch-American entrepreneur (d. 2007)
- 1920Boris Vian, French writer and musician (d. 1959)
- 1936Sepp Blatter, Swiss FIFA President
- 1956Robert Llewellyn, Writer, Actor, Presenter
- 1972Takashi Fujii, Japanese television performer
- 1973John LeCompt, American guitarist
- 1977Bree Turner, American dancer and actress
- 1992Emily Osment, American actress and singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.