March 10: Day of the Week
March 10, 2019 was the 69th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 296 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
March 10 Historical Event(s)
- 298Roman Emperor Maximian concludes his campaign in North Africa against the Berbers, and makes a triumphal entry into Carthage.
- 1814Napoleon I of France is defeated at the Battle of Laon in France.
- 1830The KNIL also known as the Royal Netherlands East Indies Army is created.
- 1848The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo is ratified by the United States Senate, ending the Mexican-American War.
- 1876Alexander Graham Bell makes the first successful telephone call by saying “Mr. Watson, come here, I want to see you.”
- 1909By signing the Anglo-Siamese Treaty of 1909, Thailand relinquishes its sovereignty over the Malay states of Kedah, Kelantan, Perlis and Terengganu, which become British protectorates.
- 1922Mahatma Gandhi is arrested in India, tried for sedition, and sentenced to six years in prison, only to be released after nearly two years for an appendicitis operation.
- 1959Tibetan uprising: Fearing an abduction attempt by China, 300,000 Tibetans surround the Dalai Lama’s palace to prevent his removal.
- 1969In Memphis, Tennessee, James Earl Ray pleads guilty to assassinating Martin Luther King Jr. He later retracts his plea.
- 2008The New York Times reveals that Governor of New York Eliot Spitzer had patronized a prostitution service.
Who were born on March 10?
- 1415Vasili II of Russia (d. 1462)
- 1452Ferdinand II of Aragon (d. 1516)
- 1847Kate Sheppard, New Zealand suffragist (d. 1934)
- 1892Arthur Honegger, French-born Swiss composer (d. 1955)
- 1920Alfred Peet, Dutch-American entrepreneur (d. 2007)
- 1957Jim White, American folk singer-songwriter
- 1972Takashi Fujii, Japanese television performer
- 1977Peter Enckelman, Finnish footballer
- 1983Reena Virk, Canadian murder victim (d. 1997)
- 1988Ivan Rakitić, Croatian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.