March 10: Day of the Week
March 10, 2020 was the 70th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 296 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OSCNNAOARIRS? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters OSCNNAOARIRS. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 10 Historical Event(s)
- 298Roman Emperor Maximian concludes his campaign in North Africa against the Berbers, and makes a triumphal entry into Carthage.
- 1607Susenyos defeats the combined armies of Yaqob and Abuna Petros II at the Battle of Gol in Gojjam, making him Emperor of Ethiopia.
- 1735An agreement between Nadir Shah and Russia is signed near Ganja and Russian troops are withdrawn from Baku.
- 1814Napoleon I of France is defeated at the Battle of Laon in France.
- 1917Batangas is formally founded as one of the Philippines’s earliest encomiendas.
- 1922Mahatma Gandhi is arrested in India, tried for sedition, and sentenced to six years in prison, only to be released after nearly two years for an appendicitis operation.
- 1944Greek Civil War: The Political Committee of National Liberation is established in Greece by the National Liberation Front.
- 1959Tibetan uprising: Fearing an abduction attempt by China, 300,000 Tibetans surround the Dalai Lama’s palace to prevent his removal.
- 1968Vietnam War: Battle of Lima Site 85, concluding the 11th with largest single ground combat loss of United States Air Force members (12) during that war.
- 1975Vietnam War: North Vietnamese troops attack Ban Me Thuot, South Vietnam, on their way to capturing Saigon.
Who were born on March 10?
- 1787William Etty, English painter (d. 1849)
- 1846Edward Baker Lincoln, son of U.S. President Abraham Lincoln (d. 1850)
- 1900Pandelis Pouliopoulos, secretary of the Communist Party of Greece (d. 1943)
- 1931Georges Dor, Québécois author, playwright, singer and songwriter (d. 2001)
- 1947Bob Greene, American journalist
- 1951Gloria Diaz, Filipina actress, Miss Universe 1969
- 1956Mitchell Lichtenstein, American actor, son of Roy Lichtenstein
- 1964David Faber, American television reporter
- 1976Kisaki, Japanese musician
- 1986JC de Vera, Filipino actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.