March 10: Day of the Week
March 10, 2021 was the 69th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 296 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters JCAVIPA? Check your answers here: Word scramble JCAVIPA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1816Crossing of the Andes: A group of royalist scouts is captured during the Action of Juncalito.
- 1848The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo is ratified by the United States Senate, ending the Mexican-American War.
- 1864American Civil War: The Red River Campaign begins as Union troops reach Alexandria, Louisiana.
- 1876Alexander Graham Bell makes the first successful telephone call by saying “Mr. Watson, come here, I want to see you.”
- 1922Mahatma Gandhi is arrested in India, tried for sedition, and sentenced to six years in prison, only to be released after nearly two years for an appendicitis operation.
- 1945The U.S. Army Air Force firebombs Tokyo, and the resulting firestorm kills more than 100,000 people, mostly civilians.
- 1959Tibetan uprising: Fearing an abduction attempt by China, 300,000 Tibetans surround the Dalai Lama’s palace to prevent his removal.
- 1969In Memphis, Tennessee, James Earl Ray pleads guilty to assassinating Martin Luther King Jr. He later retracts his plea.
- 1980Formation of the Irish Army Ranger Wing
- 2008The New York Times reveals that Governor of New York Eliot Spitzer had patronized a prostitution service.
Who were born on March 10?
- 1935Graham Farmer, Australian rules footballer
- 1956Robert Llewellyn, Writer, Actor, Presenter
- 1960Anne MacKenzie, journalist and broadcaster
- 1960Uwe Fahrenkrog-Petersen, German keyboardist and songwriter
- 1961Laurel Clark, physician and astronaut (d. 2003)
- 1963Rick Rubin, American record producer
- 1969Walter Schreifels, American musician (Gorilla Biscuits)
- 1982Kwame Brown, American basketball player
- 1984Nikos Arabatzis, Greek footballer
- 1985Casey Dienel, American singer-songwriter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.