March 10: Day of the Week
March 10, 2022 was the 69th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 296 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UNRALLAMKCC? Check your answers here: Word search UNRALLAMKCC. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1735An agreement between Nadir Shah and Russia is signed near Ganja and Russian troops are withdrawn from Baku.
- 1814Napoleon I of France is defeated at the Battle of Laon in France.
- 1848The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo is ratified by the United States Senate, ending the Mexican-American War.
- 1861El Hadj Umar Tall seizes the city of Ségou, destroying the Bambara Empire of Mali.
- 1891Almon Strowger, an undertaker in Topeka, Kansas, patents the Strowger switch, a device which led to the automation of telephone circuit switching.
- 1906The Courrières mine disaster, Europe’s worst ever, kills 1099 miners in Northern France.
- 1945The U.S. Army Air Force firebombs Tokyo, and the resulting firestorm kills more than 100,000 people, mostly civilians.
- 1969In Memphis, Tennessee, James Earl Ray pleads guilty to assassinating Martin Luther King Jr. He later retracts his plea.
- 1977Rings of Uranus: Astronomers discover rings around Uranus.
- 2000The NASDAQ Composite stock market index peaks at 5132.52, signaling the beginning of the end of the dot-com boom.
Who were born on March 10?
- 1536Thomas Howard, 4th Duke of Norfolk, English politician (d. 1572)
- 1887Toshitsugu Takamatsu, Grandmaster of Ninjutsu (d. 1972)
- 1905Richard Haydn, English actor (d. 1985)
- 1947Paul Condon, Baron Condon, former police commissioner
- 1957Jim White, American folk singer-songwriter
- 1960Uwe Fahrenkrog-Petersen, German keyboardist and songwriter
- 1973Dan Swanö, Swedish musician
- 1977Rita Simons, English actress
- 1981Samuel Eto'o, Cameroonian footballer
- 1984Nikos Arabatzis, Greek footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.