March 10: Day of the Week
March 10, 2019 was the 69th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 296 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
March 10 Historical Event(s)
- 298Roman Emperor Maximian concludes his campaign in North Africa against the Berbers, and makes a triumphal entry into Carthage.
- 1831The French Foreign Legion is established by King Louis-Philippe to support his war in Algeria.
- 1864American Civil War: The Red River Campaign begins as Union troops reach Alexandria, Louisiana.
- 1876Alexander Graham Bell makes the first successful telephone call by saying “Mr. Watson, come here, I want to see you.”
- 1906The Courrières mine disaster, Europe’s worst ever, kills 1099 miners in Northern France.
- 1968Vietnam War: Battle of Lima Site 85, concluding the 11th with largest single ground combat loss of United States Air Force members (12) during that war.
- 1969In Memphis, Tennessee, James Earl Ray pleads guilty to assassinating Martin Luther King Jr. He later retracts his plea.
- 1977Rings of Uranus: Astronomers discover rings around Uranus.
- 1980Madeira School headmistress Jean Harris shoots and kills Scarsdale diet doctor Herman Tarnower
- 1990In Haiti, Prosper Avril is ousted 18 months after seizing power in a coup.
Who were born on March 10?
- 1628Marcello Malpighi, Italian physician (d. 1694)
- 1776Louise of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Queen consort of Prussia (d. 1810)
- 1905Betty Amann, German-American actress. (d. 1990)
- 1915Sir Charles Groves, English conductor (d. 1992)
- 1925Manolis Anagnostakis, Greek poet (d. 2005)
- 1963Rick Rubin, American record producer
- 1969Walter Schreifels, American musician (Gorilla Biscuits)
- 1975Jerry Horton, American guitarist (Papa Roach)
- 1977Robin Thicke, American singer
- 1982Kwame Brown, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.