March 11: Day of the Week
March 11, 2018 was the 70th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 295 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Pisces horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1824The United States Department of War creates the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
- 1872Construction of the Seven Sisters Colliery, South Wales, begins; located on one of the richest coal sources in Britain.
- 1927In New York City, Samuel Roxy Rothafel opens the Roxy Theatre.
- 1931Ready for Labour and Defence of the USSR, abbreviated as GTO, is introduced in the Soviet Union.
- 1942World War II: General Douglas MacArthur leaves Corregidor.
- 1945World War II: The Empire of Vietnam, a short-lived puppet state, is established with Bảo Đại as its ruler.
- 1983Pakistan successfully conducts a cold test of a nuclear weapon.
- 1990Lithuania declares itself independent from the Soviet Union.
- 1990Patricio Aylwin is sworn in as the first democratically elected President of Chile since 1970.
- 2006Michelle Bachelet is inaugurated as first female president of Chile.
Who were born on March 11?
- 1725Henry Benedict Stuart, pretender to the throne of Great Britain (d. 1807)
- 1927Robert Mosbacher, 28th United States Secretary of Commerce (d. 2010)
- 1929Timothy Carey, American actor (d. 1994)
- 1947Tristan Murail, French composer
- 1956Helen Rollason, British sports journalist and television presenter (d. 1999)
- 1964Vinnie Paul, American drummer (Pantera)
- 1965Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen, British television presenter
- 1974Jon Dalton, American reality show personality
- 1979Benji Madden, American guitarist (Good Charlotte)
- 1983Melissa Rycroft, American reality show personality
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.