March 11: Day of the Week
March 11, 2020 was the 71st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 295 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OEUQDYYVIFOPR? Check your answers here: Unscramble words OEUQDYYVIFOPR. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 11 Historical Event(s)
- 222Emperor Elagabalus is assassinated, along with his mother, Julia Soaemias, by the Praetorian Guard during a revolt. Their mutilated bodies are dragged through the streets of Rome before being thrown into the Tiber.
- 1387Battle of Castagnaro: English condottiero Sir John Hawkwood leads Padova to victory in a factional clash with Verona.
- 1708Queen Anne withholds Royal Assent from the Scottish Militia Bill, the last time a British monarch vetoes legislation.
- 1824The United States Department of War creates the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
- 1864The Great Sheffield Flood: The largest man-made disaster ever to befall England kills over 250 people in Sheffield.
- 1917World War I: Baghdad falls to Anglo-Indian forces commanded by General Stanley Maude.
- 1978Coastal Road massacre: At least 37 are killed and more than 70 are wounded when Al Fatah hijack an Israeli bus, prompting Israel’s Operation Litani.
- 1985Mikhail Gorbachev becomes General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union
- 1999Infosys becomes the first Indian company listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange.
- 2009Seventeen are killed in a shooting at a school in Germany.
Who were born on March 11?
- 1920Nicolaas Bloembergen, Dutch physicist, Nobel laureate
- 1936Antonin Scalia, American Supreme Court Justice
- 1936Hollis Frampton, American filmmaker and theorist.
- 1950Bobby McFerrin, American singer
- 1953László Bölöni, Romanian football player and manager
- 1974Kate Brian, American author
- 1975Eric the Midget, American radio personality
- 1975Shawn Springs, American football player
- 1986Mariko Shinoda, Japanese actress (AKB48)
- 1991Jack Rodwell, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.