March 11: Day of the Week
March 11, 2020 is the 71st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 295 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Felicia’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1649The Frondeurs and the French sign the Peace of Rueil.
- 1708Queen Anne withholds Royal Assent from the Scottish Militia Bill, the last time a British monarch vetoes legislation.
- 1784The signing of the Treaty of Mangalore brings the Second Anglo-Mysore War to an end.
- 1861American Civil War: The Constitution of the Confederate States of America is adopted.
- 1867The first performance of Don Carlos by Giuseppe Verdi takes place in Paris.
- 1917World War I: Baghdad falls to Anglo-Indian forces commanded by General Stanley Maude.
- 1927In New York City, Samuel Roxy Rothafel opens the Roxy Theatre.
- 1931Ready for Labour and Defence of the USSR, abbreviated as GTO, is introduced in the Soviet Union.
- 1983Pakistan successfully conducts a cold test of a nuclear weapon.
- 2009Seventeen are killed in a shooting at a school in Germany.
Who were born on March 11?
- 1811Urbain Le Verrier, French mathematician (d. 1877)
- 1822Joseph Louis François Bertrand, French mathematician (d. 1900)
- 1958Flemming Rose, Danish journalist
- 1960Christophe Gans, French film director
- 1961Elias Koteas, Canadian actor
- 1967Brad Carson, American politician
- 1978Didier Drogba, Ivorian footballer
- 1981LeToya Luckett, American singer (ex-Destiny’s Child)
- 1985Hakuhō Shō, Mongolian sumo wrestler, the 69th Yokozuna
- 1986Mariko Shinoda, Japanese actress (AKB48)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.