March 11: Day of the Week
March 11, 2019 was the 70th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 295 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
March 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1387Battle of Castagnaro: English condottiero Sir John Hawkwood leads Padova to victory in a factional clash with Verona.
- 1708Queen Anne withholds Royal Assent from the Scottish Militia Bill, the last time a British monarch vetoes legislation.
- 1851The first performance of Rigoletto by Giuseppe Verdi takes place in Venice.
- 1872Construction of the Seven Sisters Colliery, South Wales, begins; located on one of the richest coal sources in Britain.
- 1888The Great Blizzard of 1888 begins along the eastern seaboard of the United States, shutting down commerce and killing more than 400.
- 1927In New York City, Samuel Roxy Rothafel opens the Roxy Theatre.
- 1983Pakistan successfully conducts a cold test of a nuclear weapon.
- 1999Infosys becomes the first Indian company listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange.
- 2007Russian helicopters reportedly attack the Kodori Valley in Abkhazia, an accusation that Russia categorically denies later.
- 2009Seventeen are killed in a shooting at a school in Germany.
Who were born on March 11?
- 1785John McLean, U.S. Supreme Court Justice (d. 1861)
- 1811Urbain Le Verrier, French mathematician (d. 1877)
- 1818Marius Petipa, French ballet dancer and choreographer (d. 1910)
- 1922Cornelius Castoriadis, Greek philosopher and economist (d. 1997)
- 1936Antonin Scalia, American Supreme Court Justice
- 1960Christophe Gans, French film director
- 1971Martin Ručinský, Czech ice hockey player
- 1978Paulo Musse, Brazilian footballer
- 1981Lee Evans, American football player
- 1986Mariko Shinoda, Japanese actress (AKB48)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.