March 11: Day of the Week
March 11, 2019 was the 70th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 295 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jonathan’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1811During André Masséna’s retreat from the Lines of Torres Vedras, a division led by French Marshal Michel Ney fights off a combined Anglo-Portuguese force to give Masséna time to escape.
- 1845The Flagstaff War: Unhappy with translational differences regarding the Treaty of Waitangi, chiefs Hone Heke, Kawiti and Māori tribe members chop down the British flagpole for a fourth time and drive settlers out of Kororareka, New Zealand.
- 1848Louis-Hippolyte Lafontaine and Robert Baldwin become the first Prime Ministers of the Province of Canada to be democratically elected under a system of responsible government.
- 1851The first performance of Rigoletto by Giuseppe Verdi takes place in Venice.
- 1861American Civil War: The Constitution of the Confederate States of America is adopted.
- 1888The Great Blizzard of 1888 begins along the eastern seaboard of the United States, shutting down commerce and killing more than 400.
- 1931Ready for Labour and Defence of the USSR, abbreviated as GTO, is introduced in the Soviet Union.
- 1985Mikhail Gorbachev becomes General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union
- 1990Lithuania declares itself independent from the Soviet Union.
- 1993Janet Reno is confirmed by the United States Senate and sworn in the next day, becoming the first female Attorney General of the United States.
Who were born on March 11?
- 1891Gertrud Wolle, German actress (d. 1952)
- 1899King Frederick IX of Denmark (d. 1972)
- 1915J. C. R. Licklider, American computer scientist and Internet pioneer (d. 1990)
- 1935Sandra Milo, Italian actress
- 1939Flaco Jiménez, American musician
- 1953László Bölöni, Romanian football player and manager
- 1964Peter Berg, American film actor, director and producer
- 1974Bobby Abreu, Venezuelan baseball player
- 1983Melissa Rycroft, American reality show personality
- 1984Marc-André Grondin, Canadian actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.