March 15: Day of the Week
March 15, 2017 was the 74th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 291 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Pisces horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 15: This Day in History
In the Roman calendar, March 15 was known as the Ides of March.
March 15 Historical Event(s)
- 933After a ten-year truce, German King Henry I defeats a Hungarian army at the Battle of Riade near the Unstrut river.
- 1311Battle of Halmyros: The Catalan Company defeats Walter V of Brienne to take control of the Duchy of Athens, a Crusader state in Greece.
- 1672Charles II of England issues the Royal Declaration of Indulgence.
- 1906Rolls-Royce Limited is incorporated.
- 1931SS Viking explodes off Newfoundland, killing 27 of the 147 on board.
- 1943World War II: Third Battle of Kharkov – the Germans retake the city of Kharkov from the Soviet armies in bitter street fighting.
- 1956My Fair Lady premiered on Broadway at the Mark Hellinger Theatre.
- 1985The end of the Brazilian military dictatorship.
- 1990Iraq hangs British journalist Farzad Bazoft for spying.
- 1990Mikhail Gorbachev is elected as the first President of the Soviet Union.
Who were born on March 15?
- 1830Élisée Reclus, French geographer (d. 1905)
- 1866Matthew Charlton, Australian politician (d. 1948)
- 1933Philippe de Broca, French film director (d. 2004)
- 1936David Andrews, Irish politician
- 1940Phil Lesh, American musician (Grateful Dead)
- 1955Dee Snider, American singer (Twisted Sister)
- 1972Mike Tomlin, American football coach
- 1975Veselin Topalov, Bulgarian chess player
- 1982Jordan Hastings, Canadian drummer (Alexisonfire)
- 1990Siobhan Magnus, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.