March 16: Day of the Week
March 16, 2021 was the 75th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 290 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ONRWAMLNOILV? Check your answers here: Words with these letters ONRWAMLNOILV. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 16 Historical Event(s)
- 597 BCBabylonians captured Jerusalem, replaced Jehoiachin with Zedekiah as king.
- 1190Massacre of Jews at Clifford’s Tower, York.
- 1782American Revolutionary War: Spanish troops capture the British-held island of Roatán.
- 1935Adolf Hitler ordered Germany to rearm herself in violation of the Versailles Treaty. Conscription is reintroduced to form the Wehrmacht.
- 1950Communist Czechoslovakia’s ministry of foreign affairs asked nuncios of Vatican to leave the country.
- 1968Vietnam War: In the My Lai massacre, between 350 and 500 Vietnamese villagers (men, women, and children) are killed by American troops.
- 1976British Prime Minister Harold Wilson resigned, citing personal reasons.
- 1978Former Italian Prime Minister Aldo Moro is kidnapped and is later killed by his captors.
- 1988Halabja poison gas attack: The Kurdish town of Halabjah in Iraq is attacked with a mix of poison gas and nerve agents on the orders of Saddam Hussein, killing 5000 people and injuring about 10000 people.
- 1988Iran-Contra Affair: Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North and Vice Admiral John Poindexter are indicted on charges of conspiracy to defraud the United States.
Who were born on March 16?
- 1631René Le Bossu, French critic (d. 1680)
- 1687Sophia Dorothea of Hanover, Queen consort in Prussia (d. 1757)
- 1865Patsy Donovan, American baseball player (d. 1953)
- 1920Sid Fleischman, American author (d. 2010)
- 1948Michael Bruce, American musician (Alice Cooper)
- 1960Duane Sutter, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1970Páll Óskar Hjálmtýsson, Icelandic singer, songwriter and disc jockey
- 1978Brooke Burns, American actress
- 1987Tiiu Kuik, Estonian model
- 1991Wolfgang Van Halen, American musician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.