March 16: Day of the Week
March 16, 2020 was the 76th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 290 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters RDODBAOARAW? Check your answers here: Unscramble words RDODBAOARAW. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 16 Historical Event(s)
- 1322The Battle of Boroughbridge took place in the Despenser Wars.
- 1815Prince Willem of the House of Orange-Nassau proclaimed himself King of the United Kingdom of the Netherlands, the first constitutional monarch in the Netherlands.
- 1939From Prague Castle, Hitler proclaimed Bohemia and Moravia a German protectorate.
- 1939Marriage of Princess Fawzia of Egypt to Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi of Iran.
- 1940First person killed in a German bombing raid on the UK in World War II during a raid on Scapa Flow in the Orkney Islands, James Isbister.
- 1945World War II: The Battle of Iwo Jima ended, but small pockets of Japanese resistance persisted.
- 1950Communist Czechoslovakia’s ministry of foreign affairs asked nuncios of Vatican to leave the country.
- 1968Vietnam War: In the My Lai massacre, between 350 and 500 Vietnamese villagers (men, women, and children) are killed by American troops.
- 1976British Prime Minister Harold Wilson resigned, citing personal reasons.
- 1995Mississippi formally ratified the Thirteenth Amendment, becoming the last state to approve the abolition of slavery. The Thirteenth Amendment is officially ratified in 1865.
Who were born on March 16?
- 1889Reggie Walker, South African athlete (d. 1951)
- 1897Conrad Nagel, American actor (d. 1970)
- 1911Pierre Harmel, Belgian politician (d. 2009)
- 1928Wakanohana Kanji I, Japanese sumo wrestler, the 45th Yokozuna (d. 2010)
- 1931Betty Johnson, American singer
- 1949Erik Estrada, American actor
- 1962Philippe Kahn, French entrepreneur
- 1963Kevin Smith, New Zealand actor (d. 2002)
- 1968Ananya Khare, Indian actress and teacher
- 1981Curtis Granderson, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.