March 16: Day of the Week
March 16, 2019 was the 75th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 290 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
March 16 Historical Event(s)
- 1244Over 200 Cathars are burned after the Fall of Montségur
- 1660The Long Parliament dissolved.
- 1900Sir Arthur Evans purchased the land around the ruins of Knossos, the largest Bronze Age archaeological site on Crete.
- 1935Adolf Hitler ordered Germany to rearm herself in violation of the Versailles Treaty. Conscription is reintroduced to form the Wehrmacht.
- 1962A Flying Tiger Line Super Constellation disappeared in the western Pacific Ocean, with 107 missing.
- 1963Mount Agung erupted on Bali killing 11,000.
- 1976British Prime Minister Harold Wilson resigned, citing personal reasons.
- 1977Assassination of Kamal Jumblatt the main leader of the anti-government forces in the Lebanese Civil War.
- 1988Halabja poison gas attack: The Kurdish town of Halabjah in Iraq is attacked with a mix of poison gas and nerve agents on the orders of Saddam Hussein, killing 5000 people and injuring about 10000 people.
- 1988Iran-Contra Affair: Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North and Vice Admiral John Poindexter are indicted on charges of conspiracy to defraud the United States.
Who were born on March 16?
- 1800Emperor Ninko of Japan (d. 1846)
- 1839René François Armand Sully-Prudhomme, French writer and Nobel laureate (d. 1907)
- 1892César Vallejo, Peruvian poet (d. 1938)
- 1926Jerry Lewis, American comedian
- 1928Wakanohana Kanji I, Japanese sumo wrestler, the 45th Yokozuna (d. 2010)
- 1936Raymond Vahan Damadian, Armenian American practitioner of MRI
- 1962Philippe Kahn, French entrepreneur
- 1970Reynolds Wolf, American TV meteorologist and journalist
- 1976Paul Schneider, American actor
- 1981Yoav Ziv, Israeli footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.