March 18: Day of the Week
March 18, 2017 was the 77th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 288 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Pisces horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
If the Gregorian calendar is not reformed, the March equinox will fall on this day for the first time in AD 4092.
March 18 Historical Event(s)
- 1229Frederick II, Holy Roman Emperor declares himself King of Jerusalem during the Sixth Crusade.
- 1766American Revolution: The British Parliament repeals the Stamp Act.
- 1793The first republican state in Germany, the Republic of Mainz, is declared by Andreas Joseph Hofmann.
- 1871Declaration of the Paris Commune; President of the French Republic, Adolphe Thiers, orders evacuation of Paris.
- 1915World War I: Massive naval attack in Battle of Gallipoli. Three battleships are sunk during a failed British and French naval attack on the Dardanelles.
- 1937The human-powered aircraft, Pedaliante, flies 1 km outside Milan.
- 1959President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs a bill into law allowing for Hawaiian statehood, which would become official on August 21.
- 1962The Evian Accords put an end to the Algerian War of Independence, which began in 1954.
- 1967The supertanker Torrey Canyon runs aground off the Cornish coast.
- 1971In Peru a landslide crashes into Lake Yanahuani, killing 200 at the mining camp of Chungar.
Who were born on March 18?
- 1679Matthew Decker, English merchant and writer (d. 1759)
- 1913René Clément, French film director and screenwriter (d. 1996)
- 1935Ole Barndorff-Nielsen, Danish mathematician
- 1939Giannis Markopoulos, Greek composer
- 1950Larry Perkins, Australian racing driver
- 1951Ben Cohen, American ice cream maker
- 1951Bill Frisell, American jazz musician
- 1962Thomas Ian Griffith, American actor
- 1978Brooke Hanson, Australian swimmer
- 1986Kaloyan Ivanov, Bulgarian basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.