March 18: Day of the Week
March 18, 2018 was the 77th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 288 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Pisces horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
If the Gregorian calendar is not reformed, the March equinox will fall on this day for the first time in AD 4092.
March 18 Historical Event(s)
- 1766American Revolution: The British Parliament repeals the Stamp Act.
- 1850American Express is founded by Henry Wells and William Fargo.
- 1874Hawaii signs a treaty with the United States granting exclusive trading rights.
- 1893Former Governor General Lord Stanley pledges to donate a silver challenge cup, later named after him, as an award for the best hockey team in Canada; originally presented to amateur champions, the Stanley Cup has been awarded to the top pro team since 1910, and since 1926, only to National Hockey League teams.
- 1921The second Peace of Riga between Poland and Soviet Union.
- 1925The Tri-State Tornado hits the Midwestern states of Missouri, Illinois, and Indiana, killing 695 people.
- 1959President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs a bill into law allowing for Hawaiian statehood, which would become official on August 21.
- 1967The supertanker Torrey Canyon runs aground off the Cornish coast.
- 1974Oil embargo crisis: Most OPEC nations end a five-month oil embargo against the United States, Europe and Japan.
- 2003In the House of Commons, British MPs vote in favour of military intervention in Iraq by 412 votes to 149.
Who were born on March 18?
- 1929John Macurdy, American bass
- 1947Patrick Chesnais, French actor
- 1948Guy Lapointe, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1957Christer Fuglesang, Swedish astronaut
- 1957György Pazdera, Hungarian bassist (Pokolgép)
- 1957Wolfgang Schilling, German footballer
- 1967Miki Berenyi, English singer (Lush)
- 1977Danny Murphy, English footballer
- 1977Fernando Rodney, Dominican baseball player
- 1984Vonzell Solomon, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.