March 18: Day of the Week
March 18, 2020 was the 78th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 288 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters SWWAEXJQO? Check your answers here: Word scramble SWWAEXJQO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
If the Gregorian calendar is not reformed, the March equinox will fall on this day for the first time in AD 4092.
March 18 Historical Event(s)
- 37The Roman Senate annuls Tiberius’s will and proclaims Caligula emperor.
- 235Emperor Alexander Severus and his mother Julia Mamaea are murdered by legionaries near Moguntiacum (modern Mainz). The Severan dynasty ends.
- 1438Albert II of Habsburg becomes Holy Roman Emperor.
- 1766American Revolution: The British Parliament repeals the Stamp Act.
- 1865American Civil War: The Congress of the Confederate States adjourns for the last time.
- 1906Traian Vuia flies a heavier-than-air aircraft for 20 meters at 1 meter altitude.
- 1913King George I of Greece is assassinated in the recently liberated city of Thessaloniki.
- 1915World War I: Massive naval attack in Battle of Gallipoli. Three battleships are sunk during a failed British and French naval attack on the Dardanelles.
- 1944The eruption of Mount Vesuvius in Italy kills 26 and causes thousands to flee their homes.
- 1994Bosnia’s Bosniaks and Croats sign the Washington Agreement, ending warring between the Croatian Republic of Herzeg-Bosnia and the Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina, and establishing the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Who were born on March 18?
- 1657Giuseppe Ottavio Pitoni, Italian composer (d. 1743)
- 1679Matthew Decker, English merchant and writer (d. 1759)
- 1913Werner Mölders, German WWII fighter pilot (d. 1941)
- 1938Machiko Soga, Japanese voice actress and actress (d. 2006)
- 1946Martyn Griffiths, British racing driver
- 1950James Conlon, American conductor (Los Angeles Opera)
- 1960James Plaskett, British professional chess player
- 1963Keith Brown, English cricketer
- 1976Mike Quackenbush, American wrestler
- 1976Tomokazu Ohka, Japanese baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.