March 19: Day of the Week
March 19, 2021 was the 78th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 287 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ORXISOE? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters ORXISOE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
It’s uncommon for the March equinox to fall on this day. The last time it did was in 1796 and the next will be in 2044.
March 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1863The SS Georgiana, said to have been the most powerful Confederate cruiser, is destroyed on her maiden voyage with a cargo of munitions, medicines and merchandise then valued at over $1,000,000.
- 1885Louis Riel declares a Provisional Government in Saskatchewan, beginning the North-West Rebellion.
- 1895Auguste and Louis Lumière record their first footage using their newly patented cinematograph.
- 1920The United States Senate rejects the Treaty of Versailles for the second time (the first time was on November 19, 1919).
- 1931Gambling is legalized in Nevada.
- 1958The Monarch Underwear Company fire leaves 24 dead and 15 injured.
- 1987Televangelist Jim Bakker resigns as head of the PTL Club due to a brewing sex scandal; he hands over control to Jerry Falwell.
- 1990The ethnic clashes of Târgu Mureş begin four days after the anniversary of the Revolutions of 1848 in the Habsburg areas.
- 2002Zimbabwe is suspended from the Commonwealth on charges of human rights abuses and of electoral fraud, following a turbulent presidential election.
- 2008GRB 080319B: A cosmic burst that is the farthest object visible to the naked eye is briefly observed.
Who were born on March 19?
- 1684Jean Astruc, French physician and scholar (d. 1766)
- 1742Túpac Amaru II, Incan revolutionary (d. 1781)
- 1914Fred Clark, American film actor (d. 1968)
- 1921Tommy Cooper, Welsh comedy magician (d. 1984)
- 1955Simon Yam, Hong Kong actor
- 1969Connor Trinneer, American actor
- 1975Brann Dailor, American drummer
- 1976Andre Miller, American basketball player
- 1985E. J. Viso, Venezuelan racing driver
- 1987Josie Lopez, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.