March 19: Day of the Week
March 19, 2019 was the 78th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 287 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Joyce’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
It’s uncommon for the March equinox to fall on this day. The last time it did was in 1796 and the next will be in 2044.
March 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1861The First Taranaki War ends in New Zealand.
- 1865American Civil War: The Battle of Bentonville begins. By the end of the battle two days later, Confederate forces had retreated from Four Oaks, North Carolina.
- 1885Louis Riel declares a Provisional Government in Saskatchewan, beginning the North-West Rebellion.
- 1945World War II: Adolf Hitler issues his “Nero Decree” ordering all industries, military installations, shops, transportation facilities and communications facilities in Germany to be destroyed.
- 1954Willie Mosconi sets a world record by running 526 consecutive balls without a miss during a straight pool exhibition at East High Billiard Club in Springfield, Ohio. The record still stands today.
- 1962Algerian War of Independence: A ceasefire takes effect.
- 1982Falklands War: Argentinian forces land on South Georgia Island, precipitating war with the United Kingdom.
- 1987Televangelist Jim Bakker resigns as head of the PTL Club due to a brewing sex scandal; he hands over control to Jerry Falwell.
- 2004A Swedish DC-3 shot down by a Russian MiG-15 in 1952 over the Baltic Sea is finally recovered after years of work. The remains of the three crewmen are left in place, pending further investigations.
- 2008GRB 080319B: A cosmic burst that is the farthest object visible to the naked eye is briefly observed.
Who were born on March 19?
- 1749Princess Louisa of Great Britain (d. 1768)
- 1849Alfred von Tirpitz, German World War I Admiral (d. 1930)
- 1871Schofield Haigh, British cricketer (d. 1921)
- 1914Leonidas Alaoglu, Greek-Canadian mathematician (d. 1981)
- 1920Tige Andrews, American actor (d. 2007)
- 1924Mary Wimbush, British actress (d. 2005)
- 1927Richie Ashburn, American baseball player (d. 1997)
- 1949Valery Leontiev, Russian pop singer
- 1983Matt Sydal, American professional wrestler
- 1987Michal Švec, Czech footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.