March 2: Day of the Week
March 2, 2022 was the 61st day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 304 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EROPKIOTE? Check your answers here: Word scramble EROPKIOTE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1791Long-distance communication speeds up with the unveiling of a semaphore machine in Paris.
- 1811Argentine War of Independence: A royalist fleet defeats a small flotilla of revolutionary ships in the Battle of San Nicolás on the River Plate.
- 1815Signing of the Kandyan Convention treaty by British invaders and the King of Sri Lanka.
- 1867The U.S. Congress passes the first Reconstruction Act.
- 1939Cardinal Eugenio Pacelli is elected Pope and takes the name Pius XII.
- 1941World War II: First German military units enter Bulgaria after it joined the Axis Pact.
- 1949Captain James Gallagher lands his B-50 Superfortress Lucky Lady II in Fort Worth, Texas after completing the first non-stop around-the-world airplane flight in 94 hours and one minute.
- 1962Wilt Chamberlain sets the single-game scoring record in the National Basketball Association by scoring 100 points.
- 1969Soviet and Chinese forces clash at a border outpost on the Ussuri River.
- 1983Compact Disc players and discs are released for the first time in the United States and other markets. They had only been available in Japan before then.
Who were born on March 2?
- 1829Carl Schurz, German revolutionary and statesman (d. 1906)
- 1931Tom Wolfe, American author
- 1934Dottie Rambo, American singer (d. 2008)
- 1961Simone Young, Australian conductor
- 1964Mike Von Erich, American wrestler (d. 1987)
- 1978Giannis Skopelitis, Greek footballer
- 1980Sunny Lane, American pornographic actress
- 1982Corey Webster, American football player
- 1982Kevin Kurányi, German footballer
- 1988Matthew Mitcham, Australian diver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.