March 20: Day of the Week
March 20, 2019 was the 79th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 286 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
March 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1815After escaping from Elba, Napoleon enters Paris with a regular army of 140,000 and a volunteer force of around 200,000, beginning his “Hundred Days” rule.
- 1852Harriet Beecher Stowe’s Uncle Tom’s Cabin is published.
- 1888The premiere of the very first Romani language operetta is staged in Moscow, Russia.
- 1913Sung Chiao-jen, a founder of the Chinese Nationalist Party, is wounded in an assassination attempt and dies 2 days later.
- 1914In New Haven, Connecticut, the first international figure skating championship takes place.
- 1942World War II: General Douglas MacArthur, at Terowie, South Australia, makes his famous speech regarding the fall of the Philippines, in which he says: “I came out of Bataan and I shall return”.
- 1974Ian Ball attempts, but fails, to kidnap Her Royal Highness Princess Anne and her husband Captain Mark Phillips in The Mall, outside Buckingham Palace, London.
- 1987The Food and Drug Administration approves the anti-AIDS drug, AZT.
- 2005A magnitude 6.6 earthquake hits Fukuoka, Japan, its first major quake in over 100 years. One person is killed, hundreds are injured and evacuated.
- 2006Cyclone Larry makes landfall in eastern Australia, destroying most of the country’s banana crop.
Who were born on March 20?
- 43 BCOvid, Roman poet (d. 17 AD)
- 1502Pierino Belli, Italian soldier and jurist (d. 1575)
- 1903Edgar Buchanan, American actor (d. 1979)
- 1906Ozzie Nelson, American bandleader and actor (d. 1975)
- 1920Pamela Harriman, British-American diplomat (d. 1997)
- 1969Caroline Brunet, Canadian kayaker
- 1970Michael Rapaport, American actor
- 1986Dean Geyer, Australian singer and actor
- 1987Daniel Maa Boumsong, Cameroonian football player
- 1989Tamim Iqbal, Bangladeshi cricketer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.