March 20: Day of the Week
March 20, 2019 was the 79th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 286 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Natasha’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 20 Historical Event(s)
- 235Maximinus Thrax is proclaimed emperor. He is the first foreigner to hold the Roman throne.
- 1208Michael IV Autoreianos is appointed Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople.
- 1602The Dutch East India Company is established.
- 1883The Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property is signed.
- 1916Albert Einstein publishes his general theory of relativity.
- 1923The Arts Club of Chicago hosts the opening of Pablo Picasso’s first United States showing, entitled Original Drawings by Pablo Picasso, becoming an early proponent of modern art in the United States.
- 1988Eritrean War of Independence: Having defeated the Nadew Command, the Eritrean People’s Liberation Front enters the town of Afabet, victoriously concluding the Battle of Afabet.
- 1990Ferdinand Marcos’s widow, Imelda Marcos, goes on trial for bribery, embezzlement, and racketeering.
- 1995A sarin gas attack on the Tokyo subway kills 12 and wounds 1,300 persons.
- 2006Over 150 Chadian soldiers are killed in eastern Chad by members of the rebel UFDC. The rebel movement sought to overthrow Chadian president Idriss Deby.
Who were born on March 20?
- 1828Henrik Ibsen, Norwegian writer (d. 1906)
- 1908Sir Michael Redgrave, English actor (d. 1985)
- 1911Alfonso García Robles, Mexican diplomat and Nobel laureate (d. 1991)
- 1917Vera Lynn, English actress and singer
- 1933Alexander Gorodnitsky, Russian geologist and poet
- 1937Lois Lowry, American children’s author
- 1943Naima Neidre, Estonian graphic artist
- 1971Ingrid Kavelaars, Canadian actress
- 1982Terrence Duffin, Zimbabwean cricketer
- 1984Fernando Torres, Spanish footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.