March 20: Day of the Week
March 20, 2020 is the 80th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 286 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Alison’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1815After escaping from Elba, Napoleon enters Paris with a regular army of 140,000 and a volunteer force of around 200,000, beginning his “Hundred Days” rule.
- 1848Revolutions of 1848 in the German states: King Ludwig I of Bavaria abdicates.
- 1861An earthquake completely destroys Mendoza, Argentina.
- 1888The premiere of the very first Romani language operetta is staged in Moscow, Russia.
- 1922The USS Langley is commissioned as the first United States Navy aircraft carrier.
- 1951Fujiyoshida, a city located in Yamanashi Prefecture, Japan, in the center of the Japanese main island of Honshū is founded.
- 1974Ian Ball attempts, but fails, to kidnap Her Royal Highness Princess Anne and her husband Captain Mark Phillips in The Mall, outside Buckingham Palace, London.
- 1985Libby Riddles becomes the first woman to win the 1,135-mile Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race.
- 1987The Food and Drug Administration approves the anti-AIDS drug, AZT.
- 1995A sarin gas attack on the Tokyo subway kills 12 and wounds 1,300 persons.
Who were born on March 20?
- 1879Maud Menten, Canadian biochemist (d. 1960)
- 1908Sir Michael Redgrave, English actor (d. 1985)
- 1922Larry Elgart, American saxophonist and bandleader
- 1951Curt Smith, American author and media host
- 1959Steve McFadden, British actor
- 1979Freema Agyeman, British actress
- 1982José Moreira, Portuguese footballer
- 1987Daniel Maa Boumsong, Cameroonian football player
- 1987Jô, Brazilian footballer
- 1987Pedro Ken, Brazilian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.