March 20: Day of the Week
March 20, 2021 was the 79th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 286 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QEUEOQD? Check your answers here: Word finder QEUEOQD. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1208Michael IV Autoreianos is appointed Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople.
- 1602The Dutch East India Company is established.
- 1861An earthquake completely destroys Mendoza, Argentina.
- 1951Fujiyoshida, a city located in Yamanashi Prefecture, Japan, in the center of the Japanese main island of Honshū is founded.
- 1956Tunisia gains independence from France.
- 1964The precursor of the European Space Agency, ESRO (European Space Research Organization) is established per an agreement signed on June 14, 1962.
- 1974Ian Ball attempts, but fails, to kidnap Her Royal Highness Princess Anne and her husband Captain Mark Phillips in The Mall, outside Buckingham Palace, London.
- 1980The Radio Caroline ship, Mi Amigo founders in a gale off the English coast.
- 1988Eritrean War of Independence: Having defeated the Nadew Command, the Eritrean People’s Liberation Front enters the town of Afabet, victoriously concluding the Battle of Afabet.
- 1993An IRA bomb explodes, killing two children in Warrington, Northwest England.
Who were born on March 20?
- 1737Buddha Yodfa Chulaloke, King of Thailand (d. 1809)
- 1834Charles W. Eliot, President of Harvard University (d. 1926)
- 1936Vaughn Meader, American comedian (d. 2004)
- 1948John de Lancie, American actor
- 1954Liana Kanelli, Greek journalist and politician
- 1958Holly Hunter, American actress
- 1959Sting, American professional wrestler
- 1968Liza Snyder, American actress
- 1972Alexander Kapranos, Greek-British musician (Franz Ferdinand)
- 1973Cedric Yarbrough, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.