March 20: Day of the Week
March 20, 2017 was the 79th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 286 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Pisces horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1600The Linköping Bloodbath takes place on Maundy Thursday in Linköping, Sweden.
- 1815After escaping from Elba, Napoleon enters Paris with a regular army of 140,000 and a volunteer force of around 200,000, beginning his “Hundred Days” rule.
- 1848Revolutions of 1848 in the German states: King Ludwig I of Bavaria abdicates.
- 1861An earthquake completely destroys Mendoza, Argentina.
- 1922The USS Langley is commissioned as the first United States Navy aircraft carrier.
- 1923The Arts Club of Chicago hosts the opening of Pablo Picasso’s first United States showing, entitled Original Drawings by Pablo Picasso, becoming an early proponent of modern art in the United States.
- 1951Fujiyoshida, a city located in Yamanashi Prefecture, Japan, in the center of the Japanese main island of Honshū is founded.
- 1956Tunisia gains independence from France.
- 1964The precursor of the European Space Agency, ESRO (European Space Research Organization) is established per an agreement signed on June 14, 1962.
- 1987The Food and Drug Administration approves the anti-AIDS drug, AZT.
Who were born on March 20?
- 1770Friedrich Hölderlin, German writer (d. 1843)
- 1856Sir John Lavery, Irish artist (d. 1941)
- 1879Maud Menten, Canadian biochemist (d. 1960)
- 1890Lauritz Melchior, Danish tenor (d. 1973)
- 1895Fredric Wertham, German-born psychologist (d. 1981)
- 1903Edgar Buchanan, American actor (d. 1979)
- 1936Lee “Scratch” Perry, Jamaican Reggae artist
- 1936Vaughn Meader, American comedian (d. 2004)
- 1959Steve McFadden, British actor
- 1973Cedric Yarbrough, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.