March 21: Day of the Week
March 21, 2020 is the 81st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 285 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Robert’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 21: This Day in History
March 21st is the common date of the March equinox (although astronomically the equinox is more likely to fall on March 20 in all but the most easterly longitudes). In astrology, the day of the equinox is the first full day of the sign of Aries. It is also the traditional first day of the astrological year.
March 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1556In Oxford, Archbishop of Canterbury Thomas Cranmer is burned at the stake.
- 1804Code Napoléon is adopted as French civil law.
- 1814Napoleonic Wars: Austrian forces repel French troops in the Battle of Arcis-sur-Aube.
- 1871Journalist Henry Morton Stanley begins his trek to find the missionary and explorer David Livingstone.
- 1913Over 360 are killed and 20,000 homes destroyed in the Great Dayton Flood in Dayton, Ohio.
- 1918World War I: The first phase of the German Spring Offensive, Operation Michael, begins.
- 1935Shah Reza Pahlavi formally asks the international community to call Persia by its native name, Iran, which means 'Land of the Aryans.'
- 1963Alcatraz, a federal penitentiary on an island in San Francisco Bay, closes.
- 1965Ranger program: NASA launches Ranger 9 which is the last in a series of unmanned lunar space probes.
- 1980US President Jimmy Carter announces a United States boycott of the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow to protest the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan.
Who were born on March 21?
- 1863George Owen Squier, American inventor (d. 1934)
- 1885Pierre Renoir, French actor and director (d. 1952)
- 1904Jehane Benoît, Canadian culinary author (d. 1987)
- 1917Frank Hardy, Australian author (d. 1994)
- 1923Nirmala Srivastava, Indian religious figure (d. 2011)
- 1942Kostas Politis, Greek basketball player and coach
- 1949Eddie Money, American musician
- 1978Cristian Guzmán, Dominican baseball player
- 1980Ronaldinho Gaucho, Brazilian international footballer
- 1990Mandy Capristo, German singer (Monrose)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.