March 21: Day of the Week
March 21, 2020 was the 81st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 285 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AOFJLOG? Check your answers here: Word solver AOFJLOG. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 21: This Day in History
March 21st is the common date of the March equinox (although astronomically the equinox is more likely to fall on March 20 in all but the most easterly longitudes). In astrology, the day of the equinox is the first full day of the sign of Aries. It is also the traditional first day of the astrological year.
March 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1556In Oxford, Archbishop of Canterbury Thomas Cranmer is burned at the stake.
- 1800With the church leadership driven out of Rome during an armed conflict, Pius VII is crowned Pope in Venice with a temporary papal tiara made of papier-mâché.
- 1918World War I: The first phase of the German Spring Offensive, Operation Michael, begins.
- 1945World War II: Bulgaria and the Soviet Union successfully complete their defense of the north bank of the Drava River as the Battle of Drava concludes.
- 1945World War II: Operation Carthage – British planes bomb Gestapo headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark. They also hit a school and 125 civilians are killed.
- 1963Alcatraz, a federal penitentiary on an island in San Francisco Bay, closes.
- 1968Battle of Karameh in Jordan between Israeli Defense Forces and Fatah.
- 1980On the season finale of the soap opera Dallas, the infamous character J.R. Ewing is shot by an unseen assailant, leading to the catchphrase “Who shot J.R.?”
- 1997In a Tel Aviv, Israel coffee shop, a suicide bomber kills 3 and injures 49.
- 2006Immigrant workers constructing the Burj Khalifa and a new terminal of Dubai International Airport riot causing $1M in damage.
Who were born on March 21?
- 1902Son House, American musician (d. 1988)
- 1925Hugo Koblet, Swiss cyclist (d. 1964)
- 1942Kostas Politis, Greek basketball player and coach
- 1945Rose Stone, American musician (Sly & the Family Stone)
- 1949Eddie Money, American musician
- 1968Greg Ellis, English actor
- 1968Scott Williams, American basketball player
- 1973Ananda Lewis, American model and television personality
- 1974Jose Clayton, Tunisian footballer
- 1982Colin Turkington, British racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.