March 21: Day of the Week
March 21, 2019 is the 80th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 285 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 21: This Day in History
March 21st is the common date of the March equinox (although astronomically the equinox is more likely to fall on March 20 in all but the most easterly longitudes). In astrology, the day of the equinox is the first full day of the sign of Aries. It is also the traditional first day of the astrological year.
March 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1801The Battle of Alexandria is fought between British and French forces near the ruins of Nicopolis in Egypt.
- 1804Code Napoléon is adopted as French civil law.
- 1857An earthquake in Tokyo, Japan kills over 100,000.
- 1871Otto von Bismarck is appointed Chancellor of the German Empire.
- 1918World War I: The first phase of the German Spring Offensive, Operation Michael, begins.
- 1925Syngman Rhee is removed from office after being impeached as the President of the Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea.
- 1935Shah Reza Pahlavi formally asks the international community to call Persia by its native name, Iran, which means 'Land of the Aryans.'
- 1943Wehrmacht officer Rudolf Christoph Freiherr von Gersdorff plots to assassinate Adolf Hitler by using a suicide bomb, but the plan falls through. Von Gersdorff is able to defuse the bomb in time and avoid suspicion.
- 1980US President Jimmy Carter announces a United States boycott of the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow to protest the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan.
- 2006Immigrant workers constructing the Burj Khalifa and a new terminal of Dubai International Airport riot causing $1M in damage.
Who were born on March 21?
- 1801Maria Theresa of Tuscany, Queen of Sardinia (d. 1855)
- 1940Solomon Burke, American singer (d. 2010)
- 1942Françoise Dorléac, French actress (d. 1967)
- 1959Sarah Jane Morris, English singer
- 1964Jesper Skibby, Danish professional cyclist
- 1965Xavier Bertrand, French politician
- 1969Ali Daei, Iranian footballer
- 1975Yacoub Al-Mohana, Kuwaiti film director
- 1989Nicolas Lodeiro, Uruguayan footballer
- 1990Ryann Krais, American heptathlete
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.