March 21: Day of the Week
March 21, 2020 was the 81st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 285 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Whitney’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 21: This Day in History
March 21st is the common date of the March equinox (although astronomically the equinox is more likely to fall on March 20 in all but the most easterly longitudes). In astrology, the day of the equinox is the first full day of the sign of Aries. It is also the traditional first day of the astrological year.
March 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1413Henry V becomes King of England.
- 1800With the church leadership driven out of Rome during an armed conflict, Pius VII is crowned Pope in Venice with a temporary papal tiara made of papier-mâché.
- 1844The Bahá'í calendar begins. This is the first day of the first year of the Bahá'í calendar. It is annually celebrated by members of the Bahá'í Faith as the Bahá'í New Year or Náw-Rúz.
- 1913Over 360 are killed and 20,000 homes destroyed in the Great Dayton Flood in Dayton, Ohio.
- 1925Syngman Rhee is removed from office after being impeached as the President of the Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea.
- 1980US President Jimmy Carter announces a United States boycott of the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow to protest the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan.
- 1989Sports Illustrated reports allegations tying baseball player Pete Rose to baseball gambling.
- 1997In a Tel Aviv, Israel coffee shop, a suicide bomber kills 3 and injures 49.
- 1999Bertrand Piccard and Brian Jones become the first to circumnavigate the Earth in a hot air balloon.
- 2006Immigrant workers constructing the Burj Khalifa and a new terminal of Dubai International Airport riot causing $1M in damage.
Who were born on March 21?
- 1825Alexander F. Mozhayskiy, Russian aviation pioneer (d. 1890)
- 1918Patrick J. Lucey, American politician
- 1924Dov Shilansky, Israeli politician (d. 2010)
- 1962Rosie O'Donnell, American comedian and actress
- 1967Jonas Berggren, Swedish musician (Ace of Base)
- 1968Shin Seung Hun, South Korean ballad singer
- 1969Ali Daei, Iranian footballer
- 1969Jonah Goldberg, American author and pundit
- 1990Ryann Krais, American heptathlete
- 2004Count Claus-Casimir of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.