March 21: Day of the Week
March 21, 2018 was the 80th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 285 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 21: This Day in History
March 21st is the common date of the March equinox (although astronomically the equinox is more likely to fall on March 20 in all but the most easterly longitudes). In astrology, the day of the equinox is the first full day of the sign of Aries. It is also the traditional first day of the astrological year.
March 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1413Henry V becomes King of England.
- 1788A fire in New Orleans leaves most of the town in ruins.
- 1921The New Economic Policy is implemented by the Bolshevik Party in response to the economic failure as a result of War Communism.
- 1943Wehrmacht officer Rudolf Christoph Freiherr von Gersdorff plots to assassinate Adolf Hitler by using a suicide bomb, but the plan falls through. Von Gersdorff is able to defuse the bomb in time and avoid suspicion.
- 1945World War II: British troops liberate Mandalay, Burma.
- 1952Alan Freed presents the Moondog Coronation Ball, the first rock and roll concert, in Cleveland, Ohio.
- 1960Apartheid: Massacre in Sharpeville, South Africa: Police open fire on a group of unarmed black South African demonstrators, killing 69 and wounding 180.
- 1964In Copenhagen, Denmark, Gigliola Cinquetti wins the ninth Eurovision Song Contest for Italy singing “Non ho l'età” (“I'm not old enough”).
- 1968Battle of Karameh in Jordan between Israeli Defense Forces and Fatah.
- 1980US President Jimmy Carter announces a United States boycott of the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow to protest the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan.
Who were born on March 21?
- 1863George Owen Squier, American inventor (d. 1934)
- 1869Florenz Ziegfeld, American theater producer (d. 1932)
- 1902Son House, American musician (d. 1988)
- 1916Ustad Bismillah Khan, Indian shehnai maestro (d. 2006)
- 1940Solomon Burke, American singer (d. 2010)
- 1962Matthew Broderick, American actor
- 1967Adrian Chiles, British television and radio presenter
- 1968Jaye Davidson, American actor
- 1976Rachael MacFarlane, American voice actress
- 1988Erik Johnson, American ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.