March 21: Day of the Week
March 21, 2019 was the 80th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 285 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jonathan’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 21: This Day in History
March 21st is the common date of the March equinox (although astronomically the equinox is more likely to fall on March 20 in all but the most easterly longitudes). In astrology, the day of the equinox is the first full day of the sign of Aries. It is also the traditional first day of the astrological year.
March 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1188Emperor Antoku accedes to the throne of Japan.
- 1844The Bahá'í calendar begins. This is the first day of the first year of the Bahá'í calendar. It is annually celebrated by members of the Bahá'í Faith as the Bahá'í New Year or Náw-Rúz.
- 1857An earthquake in Tokyo, Japan kills over 100,000.
- 1871Otto von Bismarck is appointed Chancellor of the German Empire.
- 1933Construction of Dachau, the first Nazi concentration camp, is completed.
- 1937Ponce Massacre: 18 people and a 7-year-old girl in Ponce, Puerto Rico, are gunned down by a police squad acting under orders of US-appointed Governor, Blanton C. Winship.
- 1946The Los Angeles Rams sign Kenny Washington, making him the first African American player in the American football since 1933.
- 1964In Copenhagen, Denmark, Gigliola Cinquetti wins the ninth Eurovision Song Contest for Italy singing “Non ho l'età” (“I'm not old enough”).
- 1970The first Earth Day proclamation is issued by Mayor of San Francisco Joseph Alioto.
- 1980US President Jimmy Carter announces a United States boycott of the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow to protest the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan.
Who were born on March 21?
- 1882Aleksander Kesküla, Estonian politician and nationalist (d. 1963)
- 1914Paul Tortelier, French cellist (d. 1990)
- 1923Nirmala Srivastava, Indian religious figure (d. 2011)
- 1960Robert Sweet, American drummer
- 1964Jesper Skibby, Danish professional cyclist
- 1973Jerry Supiran, American actor
- 1975Yacoub Al-Mohana, Kuwaiti film director
- 1980Ronaldinho Gaucho, Brazilian international footballer
- 1988Lee Cattermole, English footballer
- 1991Luke Chapman,English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.