March 21: Day of the Week
March 21, 2021 was the 80th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 285 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UVEAGCRUQBORF? Check your answers here: Word scramble UVEAGCRUQBORF. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 21: This Day in History
March 21st is the common date of the March equinox (although astronomically the equinox is more likely to fall on March 20 in all but the most easterly longitudes). In astrology, the day of the equinox is the first full day of the sign of Aries. It is also the traditional first day of the astrological year.
March 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1152Annulment of the marriage of King Louis VII of France and Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine.
- 1188Emperor Antoku accedes to the throne of Japan.
- 1804Code Napoléon is adopted as French civil law.
- 1844The Bahá'í calendar begins. This is the first day of the first year of the Bahá'í calendar. It is annually celebrated by members of the Bahá'í Faith as the Bahá'í New Year or Náw-Rúz.
- 1945World War II: Operation Carthage – British planes bomb Gestapo headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark. They also hit a school and 125 civilians are killed.
- 1960Apartheid: Massacre in Sharpeville, South Africa: Police open fire on a group of unarmed black South African demonstrators, killing 69 and wounding 180.
- 1965Martin Luther King, Jr. leads 3,200 people on the start of the third and finally successful civil rights march from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama.
- 1965Ranger program: NASA launches Ranger 9 which is the last in a series of unmanned lunar space probes.
- 1980On the season finale of the soap opera Dallas, the infamous character J.R. Ewing is shot by an unseen assailant, leading to the catchphrase “Who shot J.R.?”
- 1989Sports Illustrated reports allegations tying baseball player Pete Rose to baseball gambling.
Who were born on March 21?
- 1895Zlatko Baloković, Croatian violinist (d. 1955)
- 1910Julio Gallo, American vintner (d. 1993)
- 1930James Coco, American actor (d. 1987)
- 1932Joseph Silverstein, American violinist and conductor
- 1943Hartmut Haenchen, German conductor
- 1970Shiho Niiyama, Japanese voice actress (d. 2000)
- 1975Fabricio Oberto, Argentine basketball player
- 1978Rani Mukherjee, Indian actress
- 1980Lee Jin, South Korean actress
- 1989Nicolas Lodeiro, Uruguayan footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.