March 21: Day of the Week
March 21, 2019 was the 80th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 285 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Kristopher’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 21: This Day in History
March 21st is the common date of the March equinox (although astronomically the equinox is more likely to fall on March 20 in all but the most easterly longitudes). In astrology, the day of the equinox is the first full day of the sign of Aries. It is also the traditional first day of the astrological year.
March 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1152Annulment of the marriage of King Louis VII of France and Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine.
- 1788A fire in New Orleans leaves most of the town in ruins.
- 1821Greek War of Independence: First revolutionary act in the monastery of Agia Lavra, Kalavryta.
- 1857An earthquake in Tokyo, Japan kills over 100,000.
- 1871Journalist Henry Morton Stanley begins his trek to find the missionary and explorer David Livingstone.
- 1921The New Economic Policy is implemented by the Bolshevik Party in response to the economic failure as a result of War Communism.
- 1935Shah Reza Pahlavi formally asks the international community to call Persia by its native name, Iran, which means 'Land of the Aryans.'
- 1937Ponce Massacre: 18 people and a 7-year-old girl in Ponce, Puerto Rico, are gunned down by a police squad acting under orders of US-appointed Governor, Blanton C. Winship.
- 1945World War II: Bulgaria and the Soviet Union successfully complete their defense of the north bank of the Drava River as the Battle of Drava concludes.
- 1997In a Tel Aviv, Israel coffee shop, a suicide bomber kills 3 and injures 49.
Who were born on March 21?
- 1835Thomas Hayward, English cricketer (d. 1876)
- 1945Rose Stone, American musician (Sly & the Family Stone)
- 1950Roger Hodgson, English musician (Supertramp)
- 1962Kathy Greenwood, Canadian actress
- 1972Christopher Wallace, American Rapper also known as The Notorious B.I.G or Biggie Smalls (d. 1997)
- 1980Ronaldinho Gaucho, Brazilian international footballer
- 1982Jocie Kok, Chinese-Singaporean singer
- 1983Jean Ondoa, Cameroonian footballer
- 1990Mandy Capristo, German singer (Monrose)
- 1995Diggy Simmons, American rapper
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.