March 21: Day of the Week
March 21, 2019 was the 80th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 285 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
March 21: This Day in History
March 21st is the common date of the March equinox (although astronomically the equinox is more likely to fall on March 20 in all but the most easterly longitudes). In astrology, the day of the equinox is the first full day of the sign of Aries. It is also the traditional first day of the astrological year.
March 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1152Annulment of the marriage of King Louis VII of France and Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine.
- 1800With the church leadership driven out of Rome during an armed conflict, Pius VII is crowned Pope in Venice with a temporary papal tiara made of papier-mâché.
- 1844The Bahá'í calendar begins. This is the first day of the first year of the Bahá'í calendar. It is annually celebrated by members of the Bahá'í Faith as the Bahá'í New Year or Náw-Rúz.
- 1871Journalist Henry Morton Stanley begins his trek to find the missionary and explorer David Livingstone.
- 1871Otto von Bismarck is appointed Chancellor of the German Empire.
- 1918World War I: The first phase of the German Spring Offensive, Operation Michael, begins.
- 1919The Hungarian Soviet Republic is established becoming the first Communist government to be formed in Europe after the October Revolution in Russia.
- 1925Syngman Rhee is removed from office after being impeached as the President of the Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea.
- 1989Sports Illustrated reports allegations tying baseball player Pete Rose to baseball gambling.
- 1994The last episode of the Australian TV series Mother and Son was broadcast.
Who were born on March 21?
- 1920Manolis Chiotis, Greek bouzouki player and songwriter (d. 1970)
- 1925Hugo Koblet, Swiss cyclist (d. 1964)
- 1940Solomon Burke, American singer (d. 2010)
- 1943Vivian Stanshall, English musician (Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band) (d. 1995)
- 1960Benito de Leon, Filipino military officer
- 1961Lothar Matthäus, German footballer
- 1974Jose Clayton, Tunisian footballer
- 1977Bruno Cirillo, Italian centre defender at PAOK F.C.
- 1982Aaron Hill, American baseball player
- 1989Nicolas Lodeiro, Uruguayan footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.