March 21, 1980: Day of the Week
March 21, 1980 was the 81st day of the year 1980 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 285 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
A person born on this day will be 37 years old today. If that same person saved a Cent every day starting at age 4, then by now that person has accumulated $122.67 today. That is, assuming this person is still alive and kicking.
Did you know? It takes as little as 8 hours of one-on-one tutoring to improve a full letter grade, according to a nationwide poll of private tutors. Click here to search for a tutor today! More than 80,000 tutors in 300+ subjects. (Sponsored link; US only)
Here’s the March 1980 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1980 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
Monkey is the mythical animal and Metal is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
March 21, 1980 Historical Event(s)
- 1980On the season finale of the soap opera Dallas, the infamous character J.R. Ewing is shot by an unseen assailant, leading to the catchphrase “Who shot J.R.?”
- 1980US President Jimmy Carter announces a United States boycott of the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow to protest the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan.
Who were born on March 21, 1980?
- 1980Deryck Whibley, Canadian guitarist and singer (Sum41)
- 1980Lee Jin, South Korean actress
- 1980Marit Bjørgen, Norwegian cross-country skier
- 1980Ronaldinho Gaucho, Brazilian international footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.