March 22: Day of the Week
March 22, 2021 was the 81st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 284 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters LFUXIUTXAYWA? Check your answers here: Word finder LFUXIUTXAYWA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1638Anne Hutchinson is expelled from Massachusetts Bay Colony for religious dissent.
- 1888In England, The Football League, the world’s oldest professional Association Football league, is founded.
- 1906First Anglo-French rugby union match at Parc des Princes in Paris
- 1920Azeri and Turkish army soldiers with participation of Kurdish gangs attacked the Armenian inhabitants of Shushi (Nagorno Karabakh).
- 1923The first radio broadcast of ice hockey is made by Foster Hewitt.
- 1942World War II: In the Mediterranean Sea, the Royal Navy confronts Italy’s Regia Marina in the Second Battle of Sirte.
- 1943World War II: the entire population of Khatyn in Belarus is burnt alive by German occupation forces.
- 1975A fire at the Browns Ferry Nuclear Power Plant in Decatur, Alabama causes a dangerous reduction in cooling water levels.
- 1993The Intel Corporation ships the first Pentium chips (80586), featuring a 60 MHz clock speed, 100+ MIPS, and a 64 bit data path.
- 1995Cosmonaut Valeriy Polyakov returns to earth after setting a record of 438 days in space.
Who were born on March 22?
- 841Bernard Plantapilosa, Count of Auvergne (d. 885)
- 875William I, Duke of Aquitaine (d. 918)
- 1913Sabiha Gökçen, Turkish combat pilot (d. 2001)
- 1915Georgiy Zhzhonov, Russian actor and writer (d. 2005)
- 1934Orrin Hatch, American politician
- 1950Jocky Wilson, Scottish darts player
- 1955Pete Sessions, American politician
- 1958Pete Wylie, British singer/songwriter
- 1965John Kordic, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 1992)
- 1980Pamela O'Connor, Scottish ice dancer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.