March 22: Day of the Week
March 22, 2022 was the 81st day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 284 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IRODUOXA? Check your answers here: Words with these letters IRODUOXA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1765The British Parliament passes the Stamp Act that introduces a tax to be levied directly on its American colonies.
- 1784The Emerald Buddha is moved with great ceremony to its current location in Wat Phra Kaew, Thailand.
- 1888In England, The Football League, the world’s oldest professional Association Football league, is founded.
- 1894The first playoff game for the Stanley Cup starts.
- 1916The last Emperor of China, Yuan Shikai, abdicates the throne and the Republic of China is restored.
- 1923The first radio broadcast of ice hockey is made by Foster Hewitt.
- 1945The Arab League is founded when a charter is adopted in Cairo, Egypt.
- 1975A fire at the Browns Ferry Nuclear Power Plant in Decatur, Alabama causes a dangerous reduction in cooling water levels.
- 1992USAir Flight 405 crashes shortly after liftoff from New York City’s LaGuardia Airport, leading to a number of studies into the effect that ice has on aircraft.
- 2006Three Christian Peacemaker Team hostages are freed by British forces in Baghdad after 118 days of captivity and the death of their colleague, American Tom Fox.
Who were born on March 22?
- 1599Anthony van Dyck, Flemish painter (d. 1641)
- 1663August Hermann Francke, German Protestant minister (d. 1727)
- 1857Paul Doumer, French President (d. 1932)
- 1880Ernie Quigley, Canadian-born American sports official (d. 1960)
- 1915Georgiy Zhzhonov, Russian actor and writer (d. 2005)
- 1918Cheddi Jagan, Guyanan politician (d. 1997)
- 1935M. Emmet Walsh, American actor
- 1941Billy Collins, American poet
- 1943George Benson, American musician
- 1968Euronymous, Norwegian musician (d. 1993)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.