March 27: Day of the Week
March 27, 2019 was the 86th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 279 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Stephen’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 27 Historical Event(s)
- 1809Peninsular War: A combined Franco-Polish force defeats the Spanish in the Battle of Ciudad-Real.
- 1854Crimean War: The United Kingdom declares war on Russia.
- 1948The Second Congress of the Workers Party of North Korea is convened.
- 1958Nikita Khrushchev becomes Premier of the Soviet Union.
- 1975Construction of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System begins.
- 1986A car bomb explodes at Russell Street Police HQ in Melbourne, killing 1 police officer and injuring 21 people.
- 1993Jiang Zemin is appointed President of the People’s Republic of China.
- 1998The Food and Drug Administration approves Viagra for use as a treatment for male impotence, the first pill to be approved for this condition in the United States.
- 2002Passover Massacre: A Palestinian suicide bomber kills 29 people partaking of the Passover meal in Netanya, Israel.
- 2004HMS Scylla, a decommissioned Leander class frigate, is sunk as an artificial reef off Cornwall, the first of its kind in Europe.
Who were born on March 27?
- 1813Nathaniel Currier, American illustrator (d. 1888)
- 1868Patty Smith Hill, American educator (d. 1946)
- 1888Bouke Benenga, Dutch freestyle swimmer and water polo player (d. 1968)
- 1901Carl Barks, American illustrator (d. 2000)
- 1902Charles Lang, American cinematographer (d. 1998)
- 1921Fred Foy, American radio and television announcer (d. 2010)
- 1942Michael York, English actor
- 1969Pauley Perrette, American actress, photographer, poet, writer
- 1982Kurara Chibana, Japanese beauty pageant contestant
- 1985Dario Baldauf, Austrian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.