March 28: Day of the Week
March 28, 2018 was the 87th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 278 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 28 Historical Event(s)
- 364Roman Emperor Valentinian I appoints his brother Flavius Valens co-emperor.
- 845Paris is sacked by Viking raiders, probably under Ragnar Lodbrok, who collects a huge ransom in exchange for leaving.
- 1809Peninsular War: France defeats Spain in the Battle of Medelin.
- 1862American Civil War: Battle of Glorieta Pass – in New Mexico, Union forces stop the Confederate invasion of New Mexico territory. The battle began on March 26.
- 1913Guatemala becomes a signatory to the Buenos Aires copyright treaty.
- 1939Spanish Civil War: Generalissimo Francisco Franco conquers Madrid.
- 1941World War II: Battle of Cape Matapan – in the Mediterranean Sea, British Admiral Andrew Browne Cunningham leads the Royal Navy in the destruction of three major Italian heavy cruisers and two destroyers.
- 1959The State Council of the People’s Republic of China dissolves the Government of Tibet.
- 1969Greek poet and Nobel Prize laureate Giorgos Seferis makes a famous statement on the BBC World Service opposing the junta in Greece.
- 2003In a friendly fire incident, two A-10 Thunderbolt II attack aircraft from the United States Idaho Air National Guard’s 190th Fighter Squadron attack British tanks participating in the 2003 invasion of Iraq, killing British soldier Matty Hull.
Who were born on March 28?
- 1842William Harvey Carney, American Civil War officer (d. 1908)
- 1914Edmund Muskie, American politician (d. 1996)
- 1922Joey Maxim, American boxer (d. 2001)
- 1930Elizabeth Bainbridge, English opera singer
- 1942Jerry Sloan, American basketball player and head coach
- 1944Ken Howard, American actor
- 1962Jure Franko, Slovenian skier
- 1965Steve Bull, English footballer
- 1968Jon Lee, British drummer (d. 2002)
- 1973Eddie Fatu, Samoan professional wrestler (d. 2009)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.