March 28: Day of the Week
March 28, 2021 is the 87th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 278 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters CDAIPUBKNU? Check your answers here: Word scramble CDAIPUBKNU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 28 Historical Event(s)
- 845Paris is sacked by Viking raiders, probably under Ragnar Lodbrok, who collects a huge ransom in exchange for leaving.
- 1862American Civil War: Battle of Glorieta Pass – in New Mexico, Union forces stop the Confederate invasion of New Mexico territory. The battle began on March 26.
- 1871The Paris Commune is formally established in Paris.
- 1920Palm Sunday tornado outbreak of 1920 affects the Great Lakes region and Deep South states.
- 1942World War II: In occupied France, British naval forces successfully raid the German-occupied port of St. Nazaire.
- 1959The State Council of the People’s Republic of China dissolves the Government of Tibet.
- 1979Operators of Three Mile Island’s Unit 2 nuclear reactor outside of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania fail to recognize that a relief valve in the primary coolant system has stuck open following an unexpected shutdown. As a result, enough coolant drains out of the system to allow the core to overheat and partially melt down.
- 1994BBC Radio 5 is closed and replaced with a new news and sport station BBC Radio 5 Live.
- 1994In South Africa, Zulus and African National Congress supporters battle in central Johannesburg, resulting in 18 deaths.
- 2006At least 1 million union members, students, and unemployed take to the streets in France in protest at the government’s proposed First Employment Contract law.
Who were born on March 28?
- 1866Jimmy Ross, Scottish footballer (d. 1902)
- 1899Buck Shaw, American football coach (d. 1977)
- 1903Charles Starrett, American actor (d. 1986)
- 1922Felice Chiusano, Italian singer (d. 1990)
- 1940Tony Barber, Australian television personality
- 1942Samuel Ramey, American opera singer
- 1948Milan Williams, American musician (The Commodores) (d. 2006)
- 1960Chris Barrie, British actor
- 1968Jon Lee, British drummer (d. 2002)
- 1974Mark King, English snooker player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.