March 28: Day of the Week
March 28, 2020 is the 88th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 278 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Heather’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 28 Historical Event(s)
- 845Paris is sacked by Viking raiders, probably under Ragnar Lodbrok, who collects a huge ransom in exchange for leaving.
- 1802Heinrich Wilhelm Matthäus Olbers discovers 2 Pallas, the second asteroid known to man.
- 1860First Taranaki War: The Battle of Waireka begins.
- 1862American Civil War: Battle of Glorieta Pass – in New Mexico, Union forces stop the Confederate invasion of New Mexico territory. The battle began on March 26.
- 1959The State Council of the People’s Republic of China dissolves the Government of Tibet.
- 1969The McGill français movement protest occurs, the second largest protest in Montreal’s history with 10,000 trade unionists, leftist activists, CEGEP students, and even some McGill students at McGill’s Roddick Gates. This led to the majority of the protesters getting arrested.
- 1978The US Supreme Court hands down 5-3 decision in Stump v. Sparkman, 435 U.S. 349, a controversial case involving involuntary sterilization and judicial immunity.
- 1994BBC Radio 5 is closed and replaced with a new news and sport station BBC Radio 5 Live.
- 2005The 2005 Sumatra earthquake rocks Indonesia, and at magnitude 8.7 is the fourth strongest earthquake since 1965.
- 2006At least 1 million union members, students, and unemployed take to the streets in France in protest at the government’s proposed First Employment Contract law.
Who were born on March 28?
- 1815Arsène Houssaye, French novelist (d. 1896)
- 1819Sir Joseph Bazalgette, English civil engineer (d. 1891)
- 1899Buck Shaw, American football coach (d. 1977)
- 1910Frederick Baldwin Adams, Jr., American librarian (d. 2001)
- 1970Vince Vaughn, American actor
- 1975Richard Kelly, American film director
- 1977Annie Wersching, American actress
- 1977Lauren Weisberger, American novelist
- 1986Yoon Joon-Soo, South Korean footballer
- 1989Lukas Jutkiewicz, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.