March 28: Day of the Week
March 28, 2020 was the 88th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 278 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Lucy’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1794Allies under the prince of Coburg defeat French forces at Le Cateau.
- 1795Partitions of Poland: The Duchy of Courland, a northern fief of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, ceases to exist and becomes part of Imperial Russia.
- 1809Peninsular War: France defeats Spain in the Battle of Medelin.
- 1959The State Council of the People’s Republic of China dissolves the Government of Tibet.
- 1969Greek poet and Nobel Prize laureate Giorgos Seferis makes a famous statement on the BBC World Service opposing the junta in Greece.
- 1979Operators of Three Mile Island’s Unit 2 nuclear reactor outside of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania fail to recognize that a relief valve in the primary coolant system has stuck open following an unexpected shutdown. As a result, enough coolant drains out of the system to allow the core to overheat and partially melt down.
- 1979The British House of Commons passes a vote of no confidence against James Callaghan’s government, precipitating a general election.
- 1994In South Africa, Zulus and African National Congress supporters battle in central Johannesburg, resulting in 18 deaths.
- 1999Kosovo War: Serb paramilitary and military forces kill 146 Kosovo Albanians in the Izbica massacre.
- 2003In a friendly fire incident, two A-10 Thunderbolt II attack aircraft from the United States Idaho Air National Guard’s 190th Fighter Squadron attack British tanks participating in the 2003 invasion of Iraq, killing British soldier Matty Hull.
Who were born on March 28?
- 1900Edward Wagenknecht, American literary critic (d. 2004)
- 1912A. Bertram Chandler Australian author (d. 1984)
- 1914Kenneth Richard Norris, Australian entomologist (d. 2003)
- 1935Michael Parkinson, English broadcaster
- 1946Henry Paulson Jr., American economist
- 1953Melchior Ndadaye, Burundian politician (d. 1993)
- 1961Byron Scott, American basketball player and coach
- 1969Brett Ratner, American film director
- 1981Lindsay Frimodt, American model
- 1983Ryan Ashington, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.