March 28: Day of the Week
March 28, 2019 is the 87th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 278 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 28 Historical Event(s)
- 845Paris is sacked by Viking raiders, probably under Ragnar Lodbrok, who collects a huge ransom in exchange for leaving.
- 1809Peninsular War: France defeats Spain in the Battle of Medelin.
- 1889The Yngsjö murder occurs in Yngsjö, Sweden and Anna Månsdotter is arrested along with her son.
- 1910Henri Fabre becomes the first person to fly a seaplane, the Fabre Hydravion, after taking off from a water runway near Martigues, France.
- 1959The State Council of the People’s Republic of China dissolves the Government of Tibet.
- 1968Brazilian high school student Edson Luís de Lima Souto is shot by the police in a protest for cheaper meals at a restaurant for low-income students. The aftermath of his death is one of the first major events against the military dictatorship.
- 1969The McGill français movement protest occurs, the second largest protest in Montreal’s history with 10,000 trade unionists, leftist activists, CEGEP students, and even some McGill students at McGill’s Roddick Gates. This led to the majority of the protesters getting arrested.
- 1978The US Supreme Court hands down 5-3 decision in Stump v. Sparkman, 435 U.S. 349, a controversial case involving involuntary sterilization and judicial immunity.
- 1994BBC Radio 5 is closed and replaced with a new news and sport station BBC Radio 5 Live.
- 2003In a friendly fire incident, two A-10 Thunderbolt II attack aircraft from the United States Idaho Air National Guard’s 190th Fighter Squadron attack British tanks participating in the 2003 invasion of Iraq, killing British soldier Matty Hull.
Who were born on March 28?
- 1750Francisco de Miranda, Venezuelan nationalist (d. 1816)
- 1902Jaromír Vejvoda, Czech composer (d. 1988)
- 1909Nelson Algren, American writer (d. 1981)
- 1936Mario Vargas Llosa, Peruvian author, politician and Nobel laureate
- 1942Mike Newell, English film director
- 1968Max Perlich, American actor
- 1981Lindsay Frimodt, American model
- 1986J-Kwon, American rapper
- 1987Lee Hea-Kang, South Korean footballer
- 1989Mira Leung, Canadian figure skater
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.