March 28: Day of the Week
March 28, 2022 is the 87th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 278 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Nelson’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 28 Historical Event(s)
- 845Paris is sacked by Viking raiders, probably under Ragnar Lodbrok, who collects a huge ransom in exchange for leaving.
- 1860First Taranaki War: The Battle of Waireka begins.
- 1889The Yngsjö murder occurs in Yngsjö, Sweden and Anna Månsdotter is arrested along with her son.
- 1946Cold War: The United States State Department releases the Acheson–Lilienthal Report, outlining a plan for the international control of nuclear power.
- 1968Brazilian high school student Edson Luís de Lima Souto is shot by the police in a protest for cheaper meals at a restaurant for low-income students. The aftermath of his death is one of the first major events against the military dictatorship.
- 1969Greek poet and Nobel Prize laureate Giorgos Seferis makes a famous statement on the BBC World Service opposing the junta in Greece.
- 1969The McGill français movement protest occurs, the second largest protest in Montreal’s history with 10,000 trade unionists, leftist activists, CEGEP students, and even some McGill students at McGill’s Roddick Gates. This led to the majority of the protesters getting arrested.
- 1979Operators of Three Mile Island’s Unit 2 nuclear reactor outside of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania fail to recognize that a relief valve in the primary coolant system has stuck open following an unexpected shutdown. As a result, enough coolant drains out of the system to allow the core to overheat and partially melt down.
- 2000Three children are killed when a Murray County, Georgia, school bus is hit by a CSX freight train.
- 2005The 2005 Sumatra earthquake rocks Indonesia, and at magnitude 8.7 is the fourth strongest earthquake since 1965.
Who were born on March 28?
- 1795Georg Heinrich Pertz, German historian (d. 1876)
- 1818Wade Hampton III, American soldier and politician (d. 1902)
- 1905Marlin Perkins, American zoologist and television host (d. 1986)
- 1919Vic Raschi, American baseball player (d. 1988)
- 1924Freddie Bartholomew, Irish actor (d. 1992)
- 1933Frank Murkowski, American politician
- 1943Conchata Ferrell, American actress
- 1947John Landecker, American disk jockey
- 1977Erik Rasmussen, American ice hockey player
- 1981Julia Stiles, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.