March 28: Day of the Week
March 28, 2022 was the 87th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 278 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters PAIPHKCKU? Check your answers here: Word finder PAIPHKCKU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1809Peninsular War: France defeats Spain in the Battle of Medelin.
- 1871The Paris Commune is formally established in Paris.
- 1889The Yngsjö murder occurs in Yngsjö, Sweden and Anna Månsdotter is arrested along with her son.
- 1913Guatemala becomes a signatory to the Buenos Aires copyright treaty.
- 1939Spanish Civil War: Generalissimo Francisco Franco conquers Madrid.
- 1942World War II: In occupied France, British naval forces successfully raid the German-occupied port of St. Nazaire.
- 1968Brazilian high school student Edson Luís de Lima Souto is shot by the police in a protest for cheaper meals at a restaurant for low-income students. The aftermath of his death is one of the first major events against the military dictatorship.
- 1979Operators of Three Mile Island’s Unit 2 nuclear reactor outside of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania fail to recognize that a relief valve in the primary coolant system has stuck open following an unexpected shutdown. As a result, enough coolant drains out of the system to allow the core to overheat and partially melt down.
- 1990President George H. W. Bush posthumously awards Jesse Owens the Congressional Gold Medal.
- 2006At least 1 million union members, students, and unemployed take to the streets in France in protest at the government’s proposed First Employment Contract law.
Who were born on March 28?
- 1795Georg Heinrich Pertz, German historian (d. 1876)
- 1871Willem Mengelberg, Dutch conductor (d. 1951)
- 1924Byrd Baylor, American author
- 1928Alexander Grothendieck, German mathematician
- 1942Neil Kinnock, British politician
- 1944Ken Howard, American actor
- 1946Wubbo Ockels, Dutch physicist and astronaut
- 1952Tony Brise, British racing driver (d. 1975)
- 1955Reba McEntire, American singer and actress
- 1958Curt Hennig, American professional wrestler (d. 2003)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.