March 28: Day of the Week
March 28, 2021 was the 87th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 278 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ULOGASQXR? Check your answers here: Unscramble words ULOGASQXR. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 28 Historical Event(s)
- 193Roman Emperor Pertinax is assassinated by Praetorian Guards, who then sell the throne in an auction to Didius Julianus.
- 364Roman Emperor Valentinian I appoints his brother Flavius Valens co-emperor.
- 1794Allies under the prince of Coburg defeat French forces at Le Cateau.
- 1889The Yngsjö murder occurs in Yngsjö, Sweden and Anna Månsdotter is arrested along with her son.
- 1930Constantinople and Angora change their names to Istanbul and Ankara.
- 1939Spanish Civil War: Generalissimo Francisco Franco conquers Madrid.
- 1942World War II: In occupied France, British naval forces successfully raid the German-occupied port of St. Nazaire.
- 1959The State Council of the People’s Republic of China dissolves the Government of Tibet.
- 1969Greek poet and Nobel Prize laureate Giorgos Seferis makes a famous statement on the BBC World Service opposing the junta in Greece.
- 1990President George H. W. Bush posthumously awards Jesse Owens the Congressional Gold Medal.
Who were born on March 28?
- 1760Thomas Clarkson, British abolitionist (d. 1846)
- 1895Christian Herter, American politician (d. 1966)
- 1907Irving “Swifty” Lazar, American talent agent (d. 1993)
- 1910Frederick Baldwin Adams, Jr., American librarian (d. 2001)
- 1934Lester Brown, American environmentalist
- 1943Conchata Ferrell, American actress
- 1955John Alderdice, Northern Irish politician
- 1967John Ziegler, American talk-show host
- 1970Vince Vaughn, American actor
- 1977Annie Wersching, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.