March 28: Day of the Week
March 28, 2020 was the 88th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 278 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Lorraine’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 28 Historical Event(s)
- 37Roman Emperor Caligula accepts the titles of the Principate, entitled to him by the Senate.
- 845Paris is sacked by Viking raiders, probably under Ragnar Lodbrok, who collects a huge ransom in exchange for leaving.
- 1794Allies under the prince of Coburg defeat French forces at Le Cateau.
- 1939Spanish Civil War: Generalissimo Francisco Franco conquers Madrid.
- 1959The State Council of the People’s Republic of China dissolves the Government of Tibet.
- 1978The US Supreme Court hands down 5-3 decision in Stump v. Sparkman, 435 U.S. 349, a controversial case involving involuntary sterilization and judicial immunity.
- 1994In South Africa, Zulus and African National Congress supporters battle in central Johannesburg, resulting in 18 deaths.
- 2000Three children are killed when a Murray County, Georgia, school bus is hit by a CSX freight train.
- 2005The 2005 Sumatra earthquake rocks Indonesia, and at magnitude 8.7 is the fourth strongest earthquake since 1965.
- 2006At least 1 million union members, students, and unemployed take to the streets in France in protest at the government’s proposed First Employment Contract law.
Who were born on March 28?
- 1725Andrew Kippis, English clergyman and biographer (d. 1795)
- 1895Christian Herter, American politician (d. 1966)
- 1922Felice Chiusano, Italian singer (d. 1990)
- 1922Neville Bonner, Australian politician (d. 1999)
- 1926Cayetana Fitz-James Stuart, 18th Duchess of Alba
- 1946Henry Paulson Jr., American economist
- 1960José Maria Neves, Cape Verdeian politician
- 1961Byron Scott, American basketball player and coach
- 1977Erik Rasmussen, American ice hockey player
- 1981Julia Stiles, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.