March 28, 1942: Day of the Week
March 28, 1942 was the 87th day of the year 1942 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 278 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
A person born on this day will be 81 years old today. If that same person saved a Quarter every day starting at age 5, then by now that person has accumulated $6,985.50 today.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters SILWUA? Check your answers here: Word search SILWUA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Here’s the March 1942 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1942 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Horse is the mythical animal and Water is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
March 28, 1942 Historical Event(s)
- 1942World War II: In occupied France, British naval forces successfully raid the German-occupied port of St. Nazaire.
Who were born on March 28, 1942?
- 1942Conrad Schumann, East German border guard (d. 1998)
- 1942Daniel Dennett, American philosopher
- 1942Jerry Sloan, American basketball player and head coach
- 1942Kitanofuji Katsuaki, Japanese sumo wrestler, the 52nd Yokozuna
- 1942Mike Newell, English film director
- 1942Neil Kinnock, British politician
- 1942Samuel Ramey, American opera singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.