March 3: Day of the Week
March 3, 2021 was the 62nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 303 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ASGACNYEW? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters ASGACNYEW. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1575Indian Mughal Emperor Akbar defeats Bengali army at the Battle of Tukaroi.
- 1585The Olympic Theatre, designed by Andrea Palladio, is inaugurated in Vicenza.
- 1820The U.S. Congress passes the Missouri Compromise.
- 1905Tsar Nicholas II of Russia agrees to create an elected assembly, the Duma.
- 1918Germany, Austria and Russia sign the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk ending Russia’s involvement in World War I, and leading to the independence of Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland.
- 1923TIME magazine is published for the first time.
- 1945World War II: A former Armia Krajowa unit massacres at least 150 Ukrainian civilians in Pawłokoma, Poland.
- 1951Jackie Brenston, with Ike Turner and his band, records “Rocket 88”, often cited as “the first rock and roll record”, at Sam Phillips’ recording studios in Memphis, Tennessee.
- 1985A magnitude 8.3 earthquake struck the Valparaíso Region of Chile, killing 177 and leaving nearly a million people homeless.
- 1991In concurrent referenda, 74% of the population of Latvia votes for independence from the Soviet Union, and 83% in Estonia.
Who were born on March 3?
- 1756William Godwin, English journalist, political philosopher and novelist (d. 1836)
- 1845Georg Cantor, German mathematician (d. 1918)
- 1920James Doohan, Canadian-born actor (d. 2005)
- 1933Lee Radziwill, American fashion executive
- 1962Glen E. Friedman, American photographer and artist
- 1964Raúl Alcalá, Mexican cyclist
- 1971Tyler Florence, chef, television personality and cookbook author
- 1976Fraser Gehrig, Australian Rules footballer
- 1979Albert Jorquera, Spanish footballer
- 1988Michael Morrison, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.