March 3: Day of the Week
March 3, 2020 was the 63rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 303 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Dominick’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1284The Statute of Rhuddlan incorporates the Principality of Wales into England.
- 1575Indian Mughal Emperor Akbar defeats Bengali army at the Battle of Tukaroi.
- 1861Alexander II of Russia signs the Emancipation Manifesto, freeing serfs.
- 1875The first ever organized indoor game of ice hockey is played in Montreal, Canada as recorded in The Montreal Gazette.
- 1905Tsar Nicholas II of Russia agrees to create an elected assembly, the Duma.
- 1910Rockefeller Foundation: J.D. Rockefeller Jr. announces his retirement from managing his businesses so that he can devote all his time to philanthropy.
- 1944The Order of Nakhimov and Order of Ushakov are instituted in USSR as the highest naval awards.
- 1972Mohawk Airlines Flight 405 crashes as a result of a control malfunction and insufficient training in emergency procedures.
- 1985A magnitude 8.3 earthquake struck the Valparaíso Region of Chile, killing 177 and leaving nearly a million people homeless.
- 1991In concurrent referenda, 74% of the population of Latvia votes for independence from the Soviet Union, and 83% in Estonia.
Who were born on March 3?
- 1793William Charles Macready, English actor (d. 1873)
- 1873William Green, American labor union leader (d. 1952)
- 1880Sir Robert Chapman, British soldier and politician (d. 1963)
- 1886Tore Ørjasæter, Norwegian poet (d. 1968)
- 1923Doc Watson, American musician
- 1933Marco Antonio Muñiz, Mexican singer (Los Tres Aces)
- 1942Mike Pender, English singer and guitarist (The Searchers)
- 1946John Virgo, English snooker player
- 1975Aleksei Abdulkhalikov, Russian professional footballer
- 1981Kim Yoo-Jin (Eugene), South Korean singer and actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.