March 3: Day of the Week
March 3, 2019 was the 62nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 303 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Claude’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1873Censorship in the United States: The U.S. Congress enacts the Comstock Law, making it illegal to send any “obscene, lewd, or lascivious” books through the mail.
- 1875Georges Bizet’s opera Carmen receives its première at the Opéra Comique in Paris.
- 1924The Free State of Fiume is annexed by Kingdom of Italy.
- 1944The Order of Nakhimov and Order of Ushakov are instituted in USSR as the highest naval awards.
- 1945World War II: A former Armia Krajowa unit massacres at least 150 Ukrainian civilians in Pawłokoma, Poland.
- 1953A Canadian Pacific Airlines De Havilland Comet crashes in Karachi, Pakistan, killing 11.
- 1958Nuri as-Said becomes the prime minister of Iraq for the 14th time.
- 1980The USS Nautilus is decommissioned and stricken from the Naval Vessel Register.
- 1991In concurrent referenda, 74% of the population of Latvia votes for independence from the Soviet Union, and 83% in Estonia.
- 2002Citizens of Switzerland narrowly vote in favor of their country becoming a member of the United Nations.
Who were born on March 3?
- 1847Alexander Graham Bell, Scottish-Canadian inventor (d. 1922)
- 1930K. S. Rajah, Senior Counsel and former Judicial Commissioner of the Supreme Court of Singapore (d. 2010)
- 1945George Miller, Australian film director
- 1951Heizō Takenaka, Japanese economist and retired politician
- 1962Glen E. Friedman, American photographer and artist
- 1966Timo Tolkki, Finnish musician (Stratovarius)
- 1968Brian Leetch, American ice hockey player
- 1974David Faustino, American actor
- 1982Martin Hauswald, German footballer
- 1990Vladimir Janković, Greek-Serbian basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.