March 3: Day of the Week
March 3, 2020 was the 63rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 303 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ATGEHAFON? Check your answers here: Unscramble words ATGEHAFON. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1284The Statute of Rhuddlan incorporates the Principality of Wales into England.
- 1585The Olympic Theatre, designed by Andrea Palladio, is inaugurated in Vicenza.
- 1776American Revolutionary War: The first amphibious landing of the United States Marine Corps begins the Battle of Nassau.
- 1915NACA, the predecessor of NASA, is founded.
- 1931The United States adopts The Star-Spangled Banner as its national anthem.
- 1951Jackie Brenston, with Ike Turner and his band, records “Rocket 88”, often cited as “the first rock and roll record”, at Sam Phillips’ recording studios in Memphis, Tennessee.
- 1969Apollo program: NASA launches Apollo 9 to test the lunar module.
- 1985Arthur Scargill declares that the National Union of Mineworkers national executive voted to end the longest-running industrial dispute in Great Britain without any peace deal over pit closures.
- 2005Mayerthorpe Incident: James Roszko murders four Royal Canadian Mounted Police constables during a drug bust at his property in Rochfort Bridge, Alberta, then commits suicide. It is the deadliest peace-time incident for the RCMP since 1885 and the North-West Rebellion.
- 2005Steve Fossett becomes the first person to fly an airplane non-stop around the world solo without refueling.
Who were born on March 3?
- 1879József Klekl, Slovene writer and journalist (d. 1936)
- 1880Yōsuke Matsuoka, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan (d. 1946)
- 1896Leontios, Archbishop of Cyprus (d. 1947)
- 1923Barney Martin, American actor (d. 2005)
- 1926James Merrill, American poet (d. 1995)
- 1930K. S. Rajah, Senior Counsel and former Judicial Commissioner of the Supreme Court of Singapore (d. 2010)
- 1937Bobby Driscoll, American actor (d. 1968)
- 1968Scott Radinsky, American musician (Pulley, Ten Foot Pole)
- 1981Paul Lloyd, Jr., South African professional wrestler
- 1981Sung Yu Ri, South Korean singer and actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.