March 3: Day of the Week
March 3, 2020 was the 63rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 303 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Joanne’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1845Florida is admitted as the 27th U.S. state.
- 1905Tsar Nicholas II of Russia agrees to create an elected assembly, the Duma.
- 1915NACA, the predecessor of NASA, is founded.
- 1918Germany, Austria and Russia sign the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk ending Russia’s involvement in World War I, and leading to the independence of Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland.
- 1924The Free State of Fiume is annexed by Kingdom of Italy.
- 1974Turkish Airlines Flight 981 crashes at Ermenonville near Paris, France killing all 346 aboard.
- 1980The USS Nautilus is decommissioned and stricken from the Naval Vessel Register.
- 1991In concurrent referenda, 74% of the population of Latvia votes for independence from the Soviet Union, and 83% in Estonia.
- 2004Belgian brewer Interbrew and Brazilian rival AmBev agree to merge in a $11.2 billion deal that forms InBev, the world’s largest brewer.
- 2009The building of the Historisches Archiv der Stadt Köln (Historical Archives) in Cologne, Germany, collapses.
Who were born on March 3?
- 1816William James Blacklock, British landscape painter (d. 1858)
- 1831George Pullman, American inventor and industrialist (d. 1897)
- 1901Claude Choules, One of two surviving British veterans of World War I
- 1910Kittens Reichert, American silent screen child actor (d. 1990)
- 1940Perry Ellis, fashion designer (d. 1986)
- 1948Snowy White, British guitarist (Thin Lizzy, Pink Floyd)
- 1963Sophia Aliberti, Greek actress and TV presenter
- 1968Brian Leetch, American ice hockey player
- 1970Inzamam-ul-Haq, Pakistani cricketer
- 1978Seomoon Tak, Korean singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.