March 3: Day of the Week
March 3, 2019 was the 62nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 303 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Hazel’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1776American Revolutionary War: The first amphibious landing of the United States Marine Corps begins the Battle of Nassau.
- 1779American Revolutionary War: The Continental Army is routed at the Battle of Brier Creek near Savannah, Georgia.
- 1861Alexander II of Russia signs the Emancipation Manifesto, freeing serfs.
- 1924The Free State of Fiume is annexed by Kingdom of Italy.
- 1939In Mumbai, Mohandas Gandhi begins to fast in protest at the autocratic rule in India.
- 1944The Order of Nakhimov and Order of Ushakov are instituted in USSR as the highest naval awards.
- 1945World War II: A former Armia Krajowa unit massacres at least 150 Ukrainian civilians in Pawłokoma, Poland.
- 1980The USS Nautilus is decommissioned and stricken from the Naval Vessel Register.
- 1985A magnitude 8.3 earthquake struck the Valparaíso Region of Chile, killing 177 and leaving nearly a million people homeless.
- 1985Arthur Scargill declares that the National Union of Mineworkers national executive voted to end the longest-running industrial dispute in Great Britain without any peace deal over pit closures.
Who were born on March 3?
- 1778Frederica of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Queen of Hanover (d. 1841)
- 1893Beatrice Wood, American artist and ceramicist (d. 1998)
- 1924Ali Faik Zaghloul, Egyptian radio presenter (d. 1995)
- 1947Otto Stuppacher, Austrian racing driver (d. 2001)
- 1950Tim Kazurinsky, American actor and comedian
- 1953Robyn Hitchcock, British musician
- 1971Tyler Florence, chef, television personality and cookbook author
- 1978Ashwin Madia, U.S. politician
- 1978Seomoon Tak, Korean singer
- 1992Jordy Lucas, Australian actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.