March 30: Day of the Week
March 30, 2021 was the 89th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 276 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QOUQASEC? Check your answers here: Words with these letters QOUQASEC. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1822The Florida Territory is created in the United States.
- 1863Danish prince Wilhelm Georg is chosen as King George of Greece.
- 1867Alaska is purchased from Russia for $7.2 million, about 2 cent/acre ($4.19/km²), by United States Secretary of State William H. Seward.
- 1885The Battle for Kushka triggers the Panjdeh Incident which nearly gives rise to war between the British Empire and Russian Empire.
- 1909The Queensboro Bridge opens, linking Manhattan and Queens.
- 1940Sino-Japanese War: Japan declares Nanking capital of a new Chinese puppet government, nominally controlled by Wang Ching-wei.
- 1944Allied bombing raid on Nuremberg. Along the English eastern coast 795 aircraft are despatched, including 572 Lancasters, 214 Halifaxes and 9 Mosquitos. The bombers meet resistance at the coasts of Belgium and the Netherlands from German fighters. In total, 95 bombers are lost, making it the largest Bomber Command loss of World War II.
- 1944World War II: Allied bombers conduct their most severe bombing run on Sofia, Bulgaria.
- 1976The first Land Day protests are held in Israel/Palestine.
- 2006The United Kingdom Terrorism Act 2006 becomes a law.
Who were born on March 30?
- 1914Sonny Boy Williamson I, American musician (d. 1948)
- 1940Hans Ragnemalm, Swedish professor of public law, and judge
- 1952Peter Knights, Australian footballer and coach
- 1964Ian Ziering, American actor
- 1966Joey Castillo, American drummer (Queens of the Stone Age)
- 1972Mili Avital, Israeli-American actress
- 1976Obadele Thompson, Barbadian athlete
- 1981Jammal Brown, American football player
- 1982Mark Hudson, English footballer
- 1986Sergio Ramos, Spanish footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.