March 30: Day of the Week
March 30, 2019 was the 89th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 276 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
March 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1844One of the most important battles of the Dominican War of Independence from Haiti takes place near the city of Santiago de los Caballeros.
- 1855Origins of the American Civil War: Bleeding Kansas – “Border Ruffians” from Missouri invade Kansas and force election of a pro-slavery legislature.
- 1867Alaska is purchased from Russia for $7.2 million, about 2 cent/acre ($4.19/km²), by United States Secretary of State William H. Seward.
- 1909The Queensboro Bridge opens, linking Manhattan and Queens.
- 1910The Mississippi Legislature founds The University of Southern Mississippi.
- 1940Sino-Japanese War: Japan declares Nanking capital of a new Chinese puppet government, nominally controlled by Wang Ching-wei.
- 1944World War II: Allied bombers conduct their most severe bombing run on Sofia, Bulgaria.
- 1976The first Land Day protests are held in Israel/Palestine.
- 1981President Ronald Reagan is shot in the chest outside a Washington, D.C., hotel by John Hinckley, Jr.
- 2006The United Kingdom Terrorism Act 2006 becomes a law.
Who were born on March 30?
- 1746Francisco Goya, Spanish painter (d. 1828)
- 1864Franz Oppenheimer, German sociologist (d. 1943)
- 1929Richard Dysart, American actor
- 1937Warren Beatty, American actor and director
- 1941Bob Smith, former American politician
- 1945Johnnie Walker, British DJ
- 1949Liza Frulla, Quebec politician
- 1968Donna D'Errico, American actress and model
- 1983Davis Romero, Panamanian baseball player
- 1983Scott Moffatt, Canadian singer and songwriter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.