March 30: Day of the Week
March 30, 2017 was the 89th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 276 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1282The people of Sicily rebel against the Angevin king Charles I, in what becomes known as the Sicilian Vespers.
- 1814Joachim Murat issues the Rimini Declaration which would later inspire Italian Unification.
- 1822The Florida Territory is created in the United States.
- 1842Anesthesia is used for the first time, in an operation by the American surgeon Dr. Crawford Long.
- 1912Sultan Abdelhafid signs the Treaty of Fez, making Morocco a French protectorate.
- 1944World War II: Allied bombers conduct their most severe bombing run on Sofia, Bulgaria.
- 1945World War II: Soviet Union forces invade Austria and take Vienna; Polish and Soviet forces liberate Gdańsk.
- 1965Vietnam War: A car bomb explodes in front of the US Embassy, Saigon, killing 22 and wounding 183 others.
- 1976The first Land Day protests are held in Israel/Palestine.
- 1981President Ronald Reagan is shot in the chest outside a Washington, D.C., hotel by John Hinckley, Jr.
Who were born on March 30?
- 1750John Stafford Smith, English composer (d. 1836)
- 1880Sean O'Casey, Irish dramatist (d. 1964)
- 1929Richard Dysart, American actor
- 1930Rolf Harris, Australian artist and entertainer
- 1941Graeme Edge, British musician (Moody Blues)
- 1949Liza Frulla, Quebec politician
- 1964Tracy Chapman, American singer
- 1976Obadele Thompson, Barbadian athlete
- 1983Jérémie Aliadière, French footballer
- 1988Thanasis Papazoglou, Greek footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.