March 30: Day of the Week
March 30, 2021 was the 89th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 276 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OMUAFQ? Check your answers here: Word scramble OMUAFQ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1296Edward I sacks Berwick-upon-Tweed, during armed conflict between Scotland and England.
- 1856The Treaty of Paris is signed, ending the Crimean War.
- 1867Alaska is purchased from Russia for $7.2 million, about 2 cent/acre ($4.19/km²), by United States Secretary of State William H. Seward.
- 1909The Queensboro Bridge opens, linking Manhattan and Queens.
- 1939The Heinkel He 100 fighter sets a world airspeed record of 463 mph.
- 1944World War II: Allied bombers conduct their most severe bombing run on Sofia, Bulgaria.
- 1945World War II: Soviet Union forces invade Austria and take Vienna; Polish and Soviet forces liberate Gdańsk.
- 1954The Yonge Street subway line opens in Toronto. It is the first subway in Canada.
- 1979Airey Neave, a British Member of Parliament, is killed by a car bomb as he exits the Palace of Westminster. The Irish National Liberation Army claims responsibility.
- 2006The United Kingdom Terrorism Act 2006 becomes a law.
Who were born on March 30?
- 1864Franz Oppenheimer, German sociologist (d. 1943)
- 1903Countee Cullen, American poet (d. 1946)
- 1926Ingvar Kamprad, Swedish entrepreneur
- 1928Tom Sharpe, English satirical author
- 1934Hans Hollein, Austrian architect
- 1940Jerry Lucas, American basketball player
- 1948Eddie Jordan, former owner of Jordan Grand Prix
- 1962MC Hammer, American rap musician
- 1964Dave Ellett, Canadian hockey player
- 1971Mark Consuelos, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.