March 4: Day of the Week
March 4, 2019 was the 63rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 302 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
March 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1791A Constitutional Act is introduced by the British House of Commons in London which envisages the separation of Canada into Lower Canada (Quebec) and Upper Canada (Ontario).
- 1791Vermont is admitted to the U.S. as the fourteenth state.
- 1794The 11th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is passed by the U.S. Congress.
- 1797In the first ever peaceful transfer of power between elected leaders in modern times, John Adams is sworn in as President of the United States, succeeding George Washington.
- 1882Britain’s first electric trams run in east London.
- 1913First Balkan War: The Greek army engages the Turks at Bizani, resulting in victory two days later.
- 1944World War II: After the success of Big Week, the USAAF begins a daylight bombing campaign of Berlin.
- 1970French submarine Eurydice explodes underwater, resulting in the loss of the entire 57-man crew.
- 1980Nationalist leader Robert Mugabe wins a sweeping election victory to become Zimbabwe’s first black prime minister.
- 1985The Food and Drug Administration approves a blood test for AIDS, used since then for screening all blood donations in the United States.
Who were born on March 4?
- 1838Paul Lacome, French composer (d. 1920)
- 1880Channing Pollock, American playwright and critic (d. 1946)
- 1915Carlos Surinach, Spanish composer (d. 1997)
- 1934Mario Davidovsky, Argentinian composer
- 1940Arild Lund, Norwegian politician for the Conservative Party
- 1950Ron Climie, retired American professional ice hockey player
- 1954François Fillon, French politician, Prime Minister of France
- 1968Jorge Celedón, Colombian musician and singer
- 1976Christian Nicolay, German javelin thrower
- 1978Pierre Dagenais, Canadian ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.