March 4: Day of the Week
March 4, 2021 was the 63rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 302 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Sheila’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1861The first national flag of the Confederate States of America (the “Stars and Bars”) is adopted.
- 1899Cyclone Mahina sweeps in north of Cooktown, Queensland, with a 12 m wave that reaches up to 5 km inland, killing over 300.
- 1913First Balkan War: The Greek army engages the Turks at Bizani, resulting in victory two days later.
- 1918The first case of Spanish flu occurs, the start of a devastating worldwide pandemic.
- 1943World War II: The Battle of the Bismarck Sea in the South West Pacific comes to an end.
- 1945Lapland War: Finland declares war on Nazi Germany.
- 1976The Northern Ireland Constitutional Convention is formally dissolved in Northern Ireland resulting in direct rule of Northern Ireland from London by the British parliament.
- 1985The Food and Drug Administration approves a blood test for AIDS, used since then for screening all blood donations in the United States.
- 1991Sheikh Saad Al-Abdallah Al-Salim Al-Sabah, the Prime Minister of Kuwait, returns to his country for the first time since Iraq’s invasion.
- 2007Estonian parliamentary election, 2007: Approximately 30,000 voters take advantage of electronic voting in Estonia, the world’s first nationwide voting where part of the votecasting is allowed in the form of remote electronic voting via the Internet.
Who were born on March 4?
- 1927Philip Batt, 29th Governor of Idaho
- 1931Wally Bruner, American journalist and television host (d. 1997)
- 1934Mario Davidovsky, Argentinian composer
- 1938Anton Stanislaus Balasingham, Political strategist and negotiator (d. 2006)
- 1941James Zagel, United States district judge and novelist
- 1955James Weaver, English race car driver
- 1958Patricia Heaton, American actress
- 1966Steve Bastoni, Italian Australian actor
- 1969Annie Yi, Chinese singer, writer and actress
- 1976Gary Shortland, British professional figure skater
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.