March 6: Day of the Week
March 6, 2020 was the 66th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 300 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters LKUIOEQ? Check your answers here: Word scramble LKUIOEQ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 6 Historical Event(s)
- 12 BCThe Roman Emperor Augustus is named Pontifex Maximus, incorporating the position into that of the Emperor
- 1930International Unemployment Day demonstrations globally initiated by the Comintern
- 1953Georgy Maksimilianovich Malenkov succeeds Joseph Stalin as Premier of the Soviet Union and First Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
- 1957Ghana becomes the first Sub-Saharan country to gain Independence from the British
- 1964Nation of Islam’s Elijah Muhammad officially gives boxing champion Cassius Clay the name Muhammad Ali.
- 1965Premier Tom Playford of South Australia loses power after 27 years in office.
- 1967Joseph Stalin’s daughter Svetlana Alliluyeva defects to the United States.
- 1975Algiers Accord: Iran and Iraq announce a settlement of their border dispute.
- 1975For the first time, ever, the Zapruder film of the assassination of John F. Kennedy is shown in motion to a national TV audience by Robert J. Groden and Dick Gregory.
- 1988Three Provisional Irish Republican Army volunteers are killed by Special Air Service on the territory of Gibraltar in the conclusion of Operation Flavius.
Who were born on March 6?
- 1906Lou Costello, American actor and comedian (d. 1959)
- 1920Lewis Gilbert, English film director, producer and screenwriter
- 1933Ted Abernathy, American baseball player (d. 2004)
- 1939Infanta Margarita of Spain, duchess of Soria
- 1953Madhav Kumar Nepal, former Prime Minister of Nepal
- 1966Alan Davies, British comedian and actor
- 1970Chris Broderick, American musician (Megadeth)
- 1974Beanie Sigel, American rapper
- 1983Andranik Teymourian, Iranian soccer player
- 1984Edmund Yeo, Malaysian filmmaker
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.