March 6: Day of the Week
March 6, 2023 was the 65th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 300 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Lorraine’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1834York, Upper Canada is incorporated as Toronto.
- 1840The Baltimore College of Dental Surgery opens, the first dental school.
- 1899Bayer registers aspirin as a trademark.
- 1930International Unemployment Day demonstrations globally initiated by the Comintern
- 1951The trial of Ethel and Julius Rosenberg begins.
- 1965Premier Tom Playford of South Australia loses power after 27 years in office.
- 1967Joseph Stalin’s daughter Svetlana Alliluyeva defects to the United States.
- 1968The first of the East L.A. Walkouts take place at several high schools.
- 1968Three black males are executed by Rhodesia, the first executions since UDI, prompting international condemnation.
- 1992Michelangelo computer virus begins to affect computers.
Who were born on March 6?
- 1495Luigi Alamanni, Italian poet (d. 1556)
- 1785Karol Kurpiński, Polish composer (d. 1857)
- 1818William Claflin, 27th Governor of Massachusetts (d. 1905)
- 1904José Antonio Aguirre, Basque politician (d. 1960)
- 1924William H. Webster, American lawyer
- 1951Gerrie Knetemann, Dutch cyclist (d. 2004)
- 1968Michael Romeo, American musician (Symphony X)
- 1981Ellen Muth, American actress
- 1984Becky, Japanese-British entertainer
- 1986Eli Marienthal, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.