March 6: Day of the Week
March 6, 2020 is the 66th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 300 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Alexander’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1820The Missouri Compromise is signed into law by President James Monroe. The compromise allows Missouri to enter the Union as a slave state, but makes the rest of the northern part of the Louisiana Purchase territory slavery-free.
- 1869Dmitri Mendeleev presents the first periodic table to the Russian Chemical Society.
- 1899Bayer registers aspirin as a trademark.
- 1945Cologne is captured by American Troops.
- 1951The trial of Ethel and Julius Rosenberg begins.
- 1953Georgy Maksimilianovich Malenkov succeeds Joseph Stalin as Premier of the Soviet Union and First Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
- 1964Constantine II becomes King of Greece.
- 1967Joseph Stalin’s daughter Svetlana Alliluyeva defects to the United States.
- 1970Blast at Weather Underground safe house in Greenwich Village kills three.
- 2008A Palestinian gunman shoots and kills 8 students and critically injures 11 in the library of the Mercaz HaRav yeshiva, in Jerusalem, Israel.
Who were born on March 6?
- 1459Jacob Fugger, German banker (d. 1525)
- 1849Georg Luger, Austrian inventor (d. 1923)
- 1904José Antonio Aguirre, Basque politician (d. 1960)
- 1909Stanisław Jerzy Lec, Polish author (d. 1966)
- 1944Kiri Te Kanawa, New Zealander opera singer
- 1967Connie Britton, American actress
- 1971Sean Morley, American professional wrestler
- 1972Jaret Reddick, American musician (Bowling For Soup)
- 1972Shaquille O'Neal, American basketball player
- 1986Charlie Mulgrew, Scottish football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.