March 6: Day of the Week
March 6, 2022 was the 65th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 300 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IZJBHUSNUG? Check your answers here: Word scramble IZJBHUSNUG. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1820The Missouri Compromise is signed into law by President James Monroe. The compromise allows Missouri to enter the Union as a slave state, but makes the rest of the northern part of the Louisiana Purchase territory slavery-free.
- 1840The Baltimore College of Dental Surgery opens, the first dental school.
- 1869Dmitri Mendeleev presents the first periodic table to the Russian Chemical Society.
- 1899Bayer registers aspirin as a trademark.
- 1951The trial of Ethel and Julius Rosenberg begins.
- 1964Nation of Islam’s Elijah Muhammad officially gives boxing champion Cassius Clay the name Muhammad Ali.
- 1965Premier Tom Playford of South Australia loses power after 27 years in office.
- 1968The first of the East L.A. Walkouts take place at several high schools.
- 1983The first United States Football League game is played.
- 1988Three Provisional Irish Republican Army volunteers are killed by Special Air Service on the territory of Gibraltar in the conclusion of Operation Flavius.
Who were born on March 6?
- 1706George Pocock, British admiral (d. 1792)
- 1909Stanisław Jerzy Lec, Polish author (d. 1966)
- 1923Herman Leonard, American photographer (d. 2010)
- 1940Willie Stargell, American baseball player (d. 2001)
- 1947John Stossel, American author and pundit
- 1959Tom Arnold, American actor and comedian
- 1968Michael Romeo, American musician (Symphony X)
- 1981Ellen Muth, American actress
- 1983Andranik Teymourian, Iranian soccer player
- 1987Kevin-Prince Boateng, Ghanaian/German footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.