March 6: Day of the Week
March 6, 2020 was the 66th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 300 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Amber’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1820The Missouri Compromise is signed into law by President James Monroe. The compromise allows Missouri to enter the Union as a slave state, but makes the rest of the northern part of the Louisiana Purchase territory slavery-free.
- 1840The Baltimore College of Dental Surgery opens, the first dental school.
- 1921Portuguese Communist Party is founded as the Portuguese Section of the Communist International.
- 1953Georgy Maksimilianovich Malenkov succeeds Joseph Stalin as Premier of the Soviet Union and First Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
- 1964Constantine II becomes King of Greece.
- 1968Three black males are executed by Rhodesia, the first executions since UDI, prompting international condemnation.
- 1975For the first time, ever, the Zapruder film of the assassination of John F. Kennedy is shown in motion to a national TV audience by Robert J. Groden and Dick Gregory.
- 1981After 19 years of presenting the CBS Evening News, Walter Cronkite signs off for the last time.
- 1992Michelangelo computer virus begins to affect computers.
- 2008A Palestinian gunman shoots and kills 8 students and critically injures 11 in the library of the Mercaz HaRav yeshiva, in Jerusalem, Israel.
Who were born on March 6?
- 1849Georg Luger, Austrian inventor (d. 1923)
- 1884Molla Mallory, Norwegian-born American tennis player (d. 1959)
- 1926Alan Greenspan, American economist
- 1927Norman Treigle, American bass-baritone (d. 1975)
- 1939Infanta Margarita of Spain, duchess of Soria
- 1944Kiri Te Kanawa, New Zealander opera singer
- 1958Eddie Deezen, American actor
- 1966Alan Davies, British comedian and actor
- 1968Moira Kelly, American actress
- 1971Darrick Martin, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.