March 6: Day of the Week
March 6, 2019 was the 65th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 300 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
March 6 Historical Event(s)
- 12 BCThe Roman Emperor Augustus is named Pontifex Maximus, incorporating the position into that of the Emperor
- 1921Portuguese Communist Party is founded as the Portuguese Section of the Communist International.
- 1945Cologne is captured by American Troops.
- 1957Ghana becomes the first Sub-Saharan country to gain Independence from the British
- 1981After 19 years of presenting the CBS Evening News, Walter Cronkite signs off for the last time.
- 1983The first United States Football League game is played.
- 1987The British ferry MS Herald of Free Enterprise capsizes in about 90 seconds killing 193.
- 1988Three Provisional Irish Republican Army volunteers are killed by Special Air Service on the territory of Gibraltar in the conclusion of Operation Flavius.
- 1992Michelangelo computer virus begins to affect computers.
- 2008A Palestinian gunman shoots and kills 8 students and critically injures 11 in the library of the Mercaz HaRav yeshiva, in Jerusalem, Israel.
Who were born on March 6?
- 1817Princess Clémentine of Orléans (d. 1907)
- 1885Ring Lardner, American writer (d. 1933)
- 1893Furry Lewis, American blues guitarist (d. 1981)
- 1920Lewis Gilbert, English film director, producer and screenwriter
- 1927Norman Treigle, American bass-baritone (d. 1975)
- 1940Willie Stargell, American baseball player (d. 2001)
- 1947Martin Kove, American actor
- 1972Shaquille O'Neal, American basketball player
- 1974Beanie Sigel, American rapper
- 1992Momoko Tsugunaga, Japanese singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.