March 7: Day of the Week
March 7, 2019 was the 66th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 299 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Barry’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 7 Historical Event(s)
- 161Emperor Antoninus Pius dies and is succeeded by his adoptive sons Marcus Aurelius and Lucius Verus.
- 1799Napoleon Bonaparte captures Jaffa in Palestine and his troops proceed to kill more than 2,000 Albanian captives.
- 1827Brazil marines unsuccessfully attack the temporary naval base of Carmen de Patagones, Argentina.
- 1850Senator Daniel Webster gives his “Seventh of March” speech endorsing the Compromise of 1850 in order to prevent a possible civil war.
- 1862American Civil War: Union forces defeat Confederate troops at Pea Ridge in northwestern Arkansas.
- 1876Alexander Graham Bell is granted a patent for an invention he calls the telephone.
- 1914Prince William of Wied arrives in Albania to begin his reign.
- 1965Bloody Sunday: A group of 600 civil rights marchers are forcefully broken up in Selma, Alabama.
- 2009The Kepler space observatory, designed to discover Earth-like planets orbiting other stars, is launched.
- 2009The Real Irish Republican Army kills two British soldiers and two civilians, the first British military deaths in Northern Ireland since The Troubles.
Who were born on March 7?
- 1687Jean Lebeuf, French historian (d. 1760)
- 1715Ewald Christian von Kleist, German poet (d. 1759)
- 1888Alidius Warmoldus Lambertus Tjarda van Starkenborgh Stachouwer, Dutch lawyer and politician (d. 1978)
- 1908Anna Magnani, Italian actress (d. 1973)
- 1934Douglas Cardinal, Canadian architect
- 1942Michael Eisner, American film studio executive
- 1945John Heard, American actor
- 1950Franco Harris, American football player
- 1980Éric Godard, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1984Mathieu Flamini, French footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.