March 7: Day of the Week
March 7, 2019 was the 66th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 299 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
March 7 Historical Event(s)
- 321Emperor Constantine I decrees that the dies Solis Invicti (sun-day) is the day of rest in the Empire.
- 1814Emperor Napoleon I of France wins the Battle of Craonne.
- 1850Senator Daniel Webster gives his “Seventh of March” speech endorsing the Compromise of 1850 in order to prevent a possible civil war.
- 1876Alexander Graham Bell is granted a patent for an invention he calls the telephone.
- 1886The City of Lábrea in Amazonas, Brazil is founded. Today, the town is the seat of the Territorial Prelature of Lábrea.
- 1900The German liner SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse becomes the first ship to send wireless signals to shore.
- 1985The song “We Are the World” has its international release.
- 1986Challenger Disaster: Divers from the USS Preserver locate the crew cabin of Challenger on the ocean floor.
- 1989Iran and the United Kingdom break diplomatic relations after a row over Salman Rushdie and his controversial novel.
- 2007The British House of Commons votes to make the upper chamber, the House of Lords, 100% elected.
Who were born on March 7?
- 1687Jean Lebeuf, French historian (d. 1760)
- 1908Anna Magnani, Italian actress (d. 1973)
- 1933Jackie Blanchflower, Northern Irish footballer (d. 1998)
- 1934Douglas Cardinal, Canadian architect
- 1934Giorgos Katsaros, Greek musician and composer
- 1934Willard Scott, American television broadcaster
- 1955Anupam Kher, Indian actor
- 1963Denyce Graves, American singer
- 1964Wanda Sykes, American actress and comedienne
- 1989Gerald Anderson, Filipino actor and model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.