March 7: Day of the Week
March 7, 2022 was the 66th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 299 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters WAXUUCMGOF? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters WAXUUCMGOF. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 7 Historical Event(s)
- 321Emperor Constantine I decrees that the dies Solis Invicti (sun-day) is the day of rest in the Empire.
- 1850Senator Daniel Webster gives his “Seventh of March” speech endorsing the Compromise of 1850 in order to prevent a possible civil war.
- 1886The City of Lábrea in Amazonas, Brazil is founded. Today, the town is the seat of the Territorial Prelature of Lábrea.
- 1914Prince William of Wied arrives in Albania to begin his reign.
- 1950Cold War: The Soviet Union issues a statement denying that Klaus Fuchs served as a Soviet spy.
- 1965Bloody Sunday: A group of 600 civil rights marchers are forcefully broken up in Selma, Alabama.
- 1968Vietnam War: The United States and South Vietnamese military begin Operation Truong Cong Dinh to root out Viet Cong forces from the area surrounding Mỹ Tho.
- 1986Challenger Disaster: Divers from the USS Preserver locate the crew cabin of Challenger on the ocean floor.
- 2007The British House of Commons votes to make the upper chamber, the House of Lords, 100% elected.
- 2009The Kepler space observatory, designed to discover Earth-like planets orbiting other stars, is launched.
Who were born on March 7?
- 1788Antoine César Becquerel, French physicist (d. 1878)
- 1888Alidius Warmoldus Lambertus Tjarda van Starkenborgh Stachouwer, Dutch lawyer and politician (d. 1978)
- 1925Rene Gagnon, American Marine shown in photograph of the Raising the Flag on Iwo Jima (d. 1979)
- 1952Viv Richards, Antiguan West Indies cricketer
- 1956Bryan Cranston, American actor
- 1962Taylor Dayne, American recording artist
- 1969Massimo Lotti, Italian footballer
- 1971Matthew Vaughn, British film producer and director
- 1985Thomas Erak, American guitarist
- 1990Choi Jong Hun, South Korean guitarist, leader in F.T. Island
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.