March 7: Day of the Week
March 7, 2019 was the 66th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 299 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
March 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1277Stephen Tempier, bishop of Paris, condemns 219 philosophical and theological theses.
- 1799Napoleon Bonaparte captures Jaffa in Palestine and his troops proceed to kill more than 2,000 Albanian captives.
- 1827Brazil marines unsuccessfully attack the temporary naval base of Carmen de Patagones, Argentina.
- 1912Roald Amundsen announces that his expedition had reached the South Pole on December 14, 1911.
- 1936World War II (Prelude to): In violation of the Locarno Pact and the Treaty of Versailles, Germany reoccupies the Rhineland.
- 1950Cold War: The Soviet Union issues a statement denying that Klaus Fuchs served as a Soviet spy.
- 1951Korean War: Operation Ripper – United Nations troops led by General Matthew Ridgeway begin an assault against Chinese forces.
- 1985The song “We Are the World” has its international release.
- 1994Copyright Law: The U.S. Supreme Court rules that parodies of an original work are generally covered by the doctrine of fair use.
- 2009The Real Irish Republican Army kills two British soldiers and two civilians, the first British military deaths in Northern Ireland since The Troubles.
Who were born on March 7?
- 1678Filippo Juvarra, Italian architect (d. 1736)
- 1687Jean Lebeuf, French historian (d. 1760)
- 1715Ephraim Williams, American philanthropist (d. 1755)
- 1850Tomáš Masaryk, first President of Czechoslovakia (d. 1937)
- 1875Maurice Ravel, French composer (d. 1937)
- 1940Rudi Dutschke, German student leader (d. 1979)
- 1950Franco Harris, American football player
- 1957Robert Harris, English TV reporter and journalist
- 1969Hideki Noda, Japanese racing driver
- 1973Jason Bright, Australian racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.