March 7: Day of the Week
March 7, 2020 is the 67th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 299 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Doris’ personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 7 Historical Event(s)
- 238Roman subjects in Africa revolt against Maximinus Thrax and elect Gordian I as emperor.
- 1814Emperor Napoleon I of France wins the Battle of Craonne.
- 1850Senator Daniel Webster gives his “Seventh of March” speech endorsing the Compromise of 1850 in order to prevent a possible civil war.
- 1862American Civil War: Union forces defeat Confederate troops at Pea Ridge in northwestern Arkansas.
- 1912Roald Amundsen announces that his expedition had reached the South Pole on December 14, 1911.
- 1945World War II: American troops seize the Ludendorff Bridge over the Rhine River at Remagen.
- 1951Korean War: Operation Ripper – United Nations troops led by General Matthew Ridgeway begin an assault against Chinese forces.
- 1965Bloody Sunday: A group of 600 civil rights marchers are forcefully broken up in Selma, Alabama.
- 1968Vietnam War: The United States and South Vietnamese military begin Operation Truong Cong Dinh to root out Viet Cong forces from the area surrounding Mỹ Tho.
- 1985The song “We Are the World” has its international release.
Who were born on March 7?
- 1556Guillaume du Vair, French writer (d. 1621)
- 1730Baron de Breteuil, French statesman (d. 1807)
- 1841William Rockhill Nelson, American publisher (The Kansas City Star) and patron of Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art (d. 1915)
- 1872Piet Mondriaan, Dutch painter (d. 1944)
- 1917Lee Young, American jazz drummer and singer (d. 2008)
- 1944Sir Ranulph Fiennes, British soldier and explorer
- 1963Bill Brochtrup, American actor
- 1972Jang Dong-gun, South Korean actor and musician
- 1977Gianluca Grava, Italian footballer
- 1984Mathieu Flamini, French footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.