March 7: Day of the Week
March 7, 2020 was the 67th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 299 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters YJNUIBA? Check your answers here: Words with these letters YJNUIBA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 7 Historical Event(s)
- 161Emperor Antoninus Pius dies and is succeeded by his adoptive sons Marcus Aurelius and Lucius Verus.
- 238Roman subjects in Africa revolt against Maximinus Thrax and elect Gordian I as emperor.
- 321Emperor Constantine I decrees that the dies Solis Invicti (sun-day) is the day of rest in the Empire.
- 1814Emperor Napoleon I of France wins the Battle of Craonne.
- 1876Alexander Graham Bell is granted a patent for an invention he calls the telephone.
- 1945World War II: American troops seize the Ludendorff Bridge over the Rhine River at Remagen.
- 1951Korean War: Operation Ripper – United Nations troops led by General Matthew Ridgeway begin an assault against Chinese forces.
- 1965Bloody Sunday: A group of 600 civil rights marchers are forcefully broken up in Selma, Alabama.
- 1994Copyright Law: The U.S. Supreme Court rules that parodies of an original work are generally covered by the doctrine of fair use.
- 2009The Real Irish Republican Army kills two British soldiers and two civilians, the first British military deaths in Northern Ireland since The Troubles.
Who were born on March 7?
- 1873Madame Sul-Te-Wan, American actress (d. 1959)
- 1909Léo Malet, French writer (Nestor Burma) (d. 1996)
- 1973Ray Parlour, English footballer
- 1979Rodrigo Braña, Argentine footballer
- 1980Laura Prepon, American actress
- 1983Taylor Tankersley, American baseball player
- 1984Rachel Rice, Welsh reality tv star
- 1985Andre Fluellen, American football player
- 1985Thomas Erak, American guitarist
- 1986Ben Griffin, Australian soccer player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.