March 7: Day of the Week
March 7, 2020 was the 67th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 299 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Julie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 7 Historical Event(s)
- 161Emperor Antoninus Pius dies and is succeeded by his adoptive sons Marcus Aurelius and Lucius Verus.
- 321Emperor Constantine I decrees that the dies Solis Invicti (sun-day) is the day of rest in the Empire.
- 1876Alexander Graham Bell is granted a patent for an invention he calls the telephone.
- 1902Second Boer War: In the Battle of Tweebosch, a Boer commando led by Koos de la Rey inflicts the biggest defeat upon the British since the beginning of the war
- 1945World War II: American troops seize the Ludendorff Bridge over the Rhine River at Remagen.
- 1951Korean War: Operation Ripper – United Nations troops led by General Matthew Ridgeway begin an assault against Chinese forces.
- 1965Bloody Sunday: A group of 600 civil rights marchers are forcefully broken up in Selma, Alabama.
- 1985The song “We Are the World” has its international release.
- 2007The British House of Commons votes to make the upper chamber, the House of Lords, 100% elected.
- 2009The Real Irish Republican Army kills two British soldiers and two civilians, the first British military deaths in Northern Ireland since The Troubles.
Who were born on March 7?
- 1887Heino Eller, Estonian composer (d. 1970)
- 1914John Rodney, American actor
- 1917Lee Young, American jazz drummer and singer (d. 2008)
- 1944Sir Ranulph Fiennes, British soldier and explorer
- 1946Matthew Fisher, British musician (Procol Harum)
- 1947Walter Röhrl, German race and rally car driver
- 1966Joy Tanner, American actress
- 1974Jenna Fischer, American actress
- 1990Lefteris Matsoukas, Greek footballer
- 1992Bel Powley, English actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.