March 7: Day of the Week
March 7, 2021 was the 66th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 299 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters NUTZZECIO? Check your answers here: Words with these letters NUTZZECIO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 7 Historical Event(s)
- 161Emperor Antoninus Pius dies and is succeeded by his adoptive sons Marcus Aurelius and Lucius Verus.
- 238Roman subjects in Africa revolt against Maximinus Thrax and elect Gordian I as emperor.
- 1277Stephen Tempier, bishop of Paris, condemns 219 philosophical and theological theses.
- 1827Brazil marines unsuccessfully attack the temporary naval base of Carmen de Patagones, Argentina.
- 1876Alexander Graham Bell is granted a patent for an invention he calls the telephone.
- 1936World War II (Prelude to): In violation of the Locarno Pact and the Treaty of Versailles, Germany reoccupies the Rhineland.
- 1986Challenger Disaster: Divers from the USS Preserver locate the crew cabin of Challenger on the ocean floor.
- 1994Copyright Law: The U.S. Supreme Court rules that parodies of an original work are generally covered by the doctrine of fair use.
- 2006The terrorist organisation Lashkar-e-Taiba coordinates a series of bombings in Varanasi, India.
- 2009The Real Irish Republican Army kills two British soldiers and two civilians, the first British military deaths in Northern Ireland since The Troubles.
Who were born on March 7?
- 1785Alessandro Manzoni, Italian writer (d. 1873)
- 1866Hans Fruhstorfer, German lepidopterist (d. 1922)
- 1893Milton Avery, American artist (d. 1965)
- 1914John Rodney, American actor
- 1942Michael Eisner, American film studio executive
- 1945Arthur Lee, American musician (Love) (d. 2006)
- 1947Richard Lawson, American actor
- 1952Viv Richards, Antiguan West Indies cricketer
- 1956Bryan Cranston, American actor
- 1982Kate Michael, American beauty queen
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.