March 7: Day of the Week
March 7, 2017 was the 66th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 299 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Pisces horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1827Shrigley Abduction: Ellen Turner is abducted by Edward Gibbon Wakefield, a future politician in colonial New Zealand.
- 1850Senator Daniel Webster gives his “Seventh of March” speech endorsing the Compromise of 1850 in order to prevent a possible civil war.
- 1862American Civil War: Union forces defeat Confederate troops at Pea Ridge in northwestern Arkansas.
- 1902Second Boer War: In the Battle of Tweebosch, a Boer commando led by Koos de la Rey inflicts the biggest defeat upon the British since the beginning of the war
- 1950Cold War: The Soviet Union issues a statement denying that Klaus Fuchs served as a Soviet spy.
- 1951Korean War: Operation Ripper – United Nations troops led by General Matthew Ridgeway begin an assault against Chinese forces.
- 1989Iran and the United Kingdom break diplomatic relations after a row over Salman Rushdie and his controversial novel.
- 1994Copyright Law: The U.S. Supreme Court rules that parodies of an original work are generally covered by the doctrine of fair use.
- 2006The terrorist organisation Lashkar-e-Taiba coordinates a series of bombings in Varanasi, India.
- 2009The Real Irish Republican Army kills two British soldiers and two civilians, the first British military deaths in Northern Ireland since The Troubles.
Who were born on March 7?
- 189Publius Septimius Geta, Roman Emperor (d. 211)
- 1687Jean Lebeuf, French historian (d. 1760)
- 1944Townes Van Zandt, American musician and songwriter (d. 1997)
- 1958Rik Mayall, British actor
- 1960Ivan Lendl, Czech tennis player
- 1964Bret Easton Ellis, American writer
- 1965Steve Beuerlein, American football player
- 1967Jean-Pierre Barda, Swedish singer (Army of Lovers)
- 1975Audrey Marie Anderson, American actress
- 1984Brandon T. Jackson, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.