March 7: Day of the Week
March 7, 2021 was the 66th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 299 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters LAUIWIVQG? Check your answers here: Word search LAUIWIVQG. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 7 Historical Event(s)
- 161Emperor Antoninus Pius dies and is succeeded by his adoptive sons Marcus Aurelius and Lucius Verus.
- 238Roman subjects in Africa revolt against Maximinus Thrax and elect Gordian I as emperor.
- 1277Stephen Tempier, bishop of Paris, condemns 219 philosophical and theological theses.
- 1862American Civil War: Union forces defeat Confederate troops at Pea Ridge in northwestern Arkansas.
- 1900The German liner SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse becomes the first ship to send wireless signals to shore.
- 1902Second Boer War: In the Battle of Tweebosch, a Boer commando led by Koos de la Rey inflicts the biggest defeat upon the British since the beginning of the war
- 1950Cold War: The Soviet Union issues a statement denying that Klaus Fuchs served as a Soviet spy.
- 1965Bloody Sunday: A group of 600 civil rights marchers are forcefully broken up in Selma, Alabama.
- 1986Challenger Disaster: Divers from the USS Preserver locate the crew cabin of Challenger on the ocean floor.
- 2006The terrorist organisation Lashkar-e-Taiba coordinates a series of bombings in Varanasi, India.
Who were born on March 7?
- 1693Pope Clement XIII (d. 1769)
- 1927Jean-Paul Desbiens, Quebec writer and teacher (d. 2006)
- 1955Tommy Kramer, American football player
- 1960Joe Carter, American baseball player
- 1965Jesper Parnevik, Swedish golfer
- 1966Joy Tanner, American actress
- 1977Paul Cattermole, British singer, actor and member of pop group S Club
- 1977Ronan O'Gara, Irish rugby union footballer
- 1983Taylor Tankersley, American baseball player
- 1988Larry Asante, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.