March 8: Day of the Week
March 8, 2019 was the 67th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 298 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Willie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1775An anonymous writer, thought by some to be Thomas Paine, publishes “African Slavery in America”, the first article in the American colonies calling for the emancipation of slaves and the abolition of slavery.
- 1777Regiments from Ansbach and Bayreuth, sent to support Great Britain in the American Revolutionary War, mutiny in the town of Ochsenfurt.
- 1782Gnadenhütten massacre: Ninety-six Native Americans in Gnadenhutten, Ohio, who had converted to Christianity are killed by Pennsylvania militiamen in retaliation for raids carried out by other Indians.
- 1844King Oscar I ascends to the thrones of Sweden and Norway.
- 1936Daytona Beach Road Course holds its first oval stock car race.
- 1937Spanish Civil War: The Battle of Guadalajara begins.
- 1949Mildred Gillars (“Axis Sally”) is condemned to prison for treason
- 1978The first radio episode of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams, is transmitted on BBC Radio 4.
- 1985A failed assassination attempt on Sayyed Mohammad Hussein Fadlallah in Beirut, Lebanon, kills at least 45 and injures 175 others.
- 2004A new constitution is signed by Iraq’s Governing Council.
Who were born on March 8?
- 1702Anne Bonny, Irish-American pirate (d. 1782)
- 1814Ede Szigligeti, Hungarian dramatist (d. 1878)
- 1921Alan Hale, Jr., American actor (d. 1990)
- 1942Ann Packer, British athlete
- 1944Palito Ortega, Argentine singer and actor
- 1955Don Ashby, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 1981)
- 1959Lester Holt, American television journalist
- 1975Mauro Briano, Italian footballer
- 1976Hines Ward, American football player
- 1978Mohammed Bouyeri, Dutch-Moroccan assassin
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.