March 8: Day of the Week
March 8, 2023 is the 67th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 298 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IIEVARRUYT? Check your answers here: Word finder IIEVARRUYT. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1655John Casor becomes the first legally-recognized slave in England’s North American colonies.
- 1722The Safavid Empire of Iran is defeated by an army from Afghanistan at The Battle of Gulnabad, pushing Iran into anarchy.
- 1777Regiments from Ansbach and Bayreuth, sent to support Great Britain in the American Revolutionary War, mutiny in the town of Ochsenfurt.
- 1782Gnadenhütten massacre: Ninety-six Native Americans in Gnadenhutten, Ohio, who had converted to Christianity are killed by Pennsylvania militiamen in retaliation for raids carried out by other Indians.
- 1862American Civil War: The iron-clad Ship CSS (formerly USS Merrimack) is launched at Hampton Roads, Virginia.
- 1868Sakai incident: Japanese samurai kill 11 French sailors in the port of Sakai near Osaka.
- 1916World War I: A British force unsuccessfully attempts to relieve the siege of Kut (present-day Iraq) in the Battle of Dujaila.
- 1917International Women’s Day protests in St. Petersburg mark the beginning of the February Revolution (so named because it was February on the Julian calendar).
- 1949Mildred Gillars (“Axis Sally”) is condemned to prison for treason
- 1957The 1957 Georgia Memorial to Congress, which petitions the U.S. Congress to declare the ratification of the 14th & 15th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution null and void, is adopted by the U.S. state of Georgia.
Who were born on March 8?
- 1910Claire Trevor, American actress (d. 2000)
- 1921Alan Hale, Jr., American actor (d. 1990)
- 1954Cheryl Baker, British singer (Bucks Fizz)
- 1957Billy Childs, composer/pianist
- 1960Max Metzker, Australian swimmer
- 1965Kenny Smith, American basketball player
- 1970Andrea Parker, American actress, ballet dancer
- 1975Mauro Briano, Italian footballer
- 1976Juan Encarnacion, American baseball player
- 1984Dave Moffatt, Canadian musician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.