March 8: Day of the Week
March 8, 2021 was the 67th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 298 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jo’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1126Following the death of his mother Urraca, Alfonso VII is proclaimed king of Castile and León.
- 1655John Casor becomes the first legally-recognized slave in England’s North American colonies.
- 1736Nader Shah, founder of the Afsharid dynasty, is crowned Shah of Iran.
- 1782Gnadenhütten massacre: Ninety-six Native Americans in Gnadenhutten, Ohio, who had converted to Christianity are killed by Pennsylvania militiamen in retaliation for raids carried out by other Indians.
- 1868Sakai incident: Japanese samurai kill 11 French sailors in the port of Sakai near Osaka.
- 1911International Women’s Day is launched in Copenhagen, Denmark, by Clara Zetkin, leader of the Women’s Office for the Social Democratic Party in Germany.
- 1920The Arab Kingdom of Syria, the first modern Arab state to come into existence, is established.
- 1957Egypt re-opens the Suez Canal after the Suez Crisis.
- 1979Philips demonstrates the Compact Disc publicly for the first time.
- 1983President Ronald Reagan calls the Soviet Union an “evil empire”.
Who were born on March 8?
- 1944Buzz Hargrove, Canadian labour leader
- 1948Jonathan Sacks, Chief Rabbi of the United Hebrew Congregations of the Commonwealth
- 1953Don Werner, American baseball player
- 1954David Wilkie, Scottish swimmer
- 1959Lester Holt, American television journalist
- 1961Larry Murphy, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1968Shawn Mullins, American musician
- 1979Andy Ross, American guitarist (OK Go)
- 1982Craig Stansberry, American baseball player
- 1990Kristinia DeBarge, American R&B singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.