March 8: Day of the Week
March 8, 2021 was the 67th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 298 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters VBOLAOOURJNT? Check your answers here: Word scramble VBOLAOOURJNT. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1010Ferdowsi completes his Shāhnāmeh.
- 1126Following the death of his mother Urraca, Alfonso VII is proclaimed king of Castile and León.
- 1655John Casor becomes the first legally-recognized slave in England’s North American colonies.
- 1702Anne Stuart, sister of Mary II, becomes Queen regnant of England, Scotland, and Ireland.
- 1736Nader Shah, founder of the Afsharid dynasty, is crowned Shah of Iran.
- 1777Regiments from Ansbach and Bayreuth, sent to support Great Britain in the American Revolutionary War, mutiny in the town of Ochsenfurt.
- 1782Gnadenhütten massacre: Ninety-six Native Americans in Gnadenhutten, Ohio, who had converted to Christianity are killed by Pennsylvania militiamen in retaliation for raids carried out by other Indians.
- 1916World War I: A British force unsuccessfully attempts to relieve the siege of Kut (present-day Iraq) in the Battle of Dujaila.
- 1957The 1957 Georgia Memorial to Congress, which petitions the U.S. Congress to declare the ratification of the 14th & 15th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution null and void, is adopted by the U.S. state of Georgia.
- 2004A new constitution is signed by Iraq’s Governing Council.
Who were born on March 8?
- 1712John Fothergill, English physician (d. 1780)
- 1714Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach, German composer (d. 1788)
- 1746André Michaux, French botanist (d. 1802)
- 1886Edward Calvin Kendall, American chemist, Nobel laureate (d. 1972)
- 1948Jonathan Sacks, Chief Rabbi of the United Hebrew Congregations of the Commonwealth
- 1949Antonello Venditti, Italian singer-songwriter
- 1957Billy Childs, composer/pianist
- 1960Buck Williams, American basketball player
- 1979Tom Chaplin, English singer (Keane)
- 1984Rafik Djebbour, Algerian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.