March 8: Day of the Week
March 8, 2019 was the 67th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 298 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
March 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1010Ferdowsi completes his Shāhnāmeh.
- 1777Regiments from Ansbach and Bayreuth, sent to support Great Britain in the American Revolutionary War, mutiny in the town of Ochsenfurt.
- 1782Gnadenhütten massacre: Ninety-six Native Americans in Gnadenhutten, Ohio, who had converted to Christianity are killed by Pennsylvania militiamen in retaliation for raids carried out by other Indians.
- 1937Spanish Civil War: The Battle of Guadalajara begins.
- 1957Egypt re-opens the Suez Canal after the Suez Crisis.
- 1957Ghana joins the United Nations.
- 1957The 1957 Georgia Memorial to Congress, which petitions the U.S. Congress to declare the ratification of the 14th & 15th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution null and void, is adopted by the U.S. state of Georgia.
- 1966A bomb planted by young Irish protesters destroys Nelson’s Pillar in Dublin.
- 1985A failed assassination attempt on Sayyed Mohammad Hussein Fadlallah in Beirut, Lebanon, kills at least 45 and injures 175 others.
- 2004A new constitution is signed by Iraq’s Governing Council.
Who were born on March 8?
- 1746André Michaux, French botanist (d. 1802)
- 1922Ralph H. Baer, German-born American inventor
- 1922Yevgeny Matveyev, Russian actor and film director (d. 2003)
- 1939Jim Bouton, American baseball player and author
- 1945Jim Chapman, American politician
- 1950Richard Ouzounian, Canadian/American theatre director and critic
- 1960Buck Williams, American basketball player
- 1961Larry Murphy, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1964Cheryl James, American performer (Salt-n-Pepa)
- 1990Petra Kvitová, Czech tennis player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.