March 8: Day of the Week
March 8, 2019 was the 67th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 298 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Maurice’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1010Ferdowsi completes his Shāhnāmeh.
- 1618Johannes Kepler discovers the third law of planetary motion.
- 1782Gnadenhütten massacre: Ninety-six Native Americans in Gnadenhutten, Ohio, who had converted to Christianity are killed by Pennsylvania militiamen in retaliation for raids carried out by other Indians.
- 1817The New York Stock Exchange is founded.
- 1917The United States Senate votes to limit filibusters by adopting the cloture rule.
- 1949Mildred Gillars (“Axis Sally”) is condemned to prison for treason
- 1957Egypt re-opens the Suez Canal after the Suez Crisis.
- 1957Ghana joins the United Nations.
- 1966A bomb planted by young Irish protesters destroys Nelson’s Pillar in Dublin.
- 1978The first radio episode of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams, is transmitted on BBC Radio 4.
Who were born on March 8?
- 1659Isaac de Beausobre, French Protestant pastor (d. 1738)
- 1931John McPhee, American writer and professor
- 1938Bruno Pizzul, Italian sports journalist
- 1955Don Ashby, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 1981)
- 1964Lance McCullers, American baseball player
- 1975Fardeen Khan, Indian actor
- 1979Tom Chaplin, English singer (Keane)
- 1984Dave Moffatt, Canadian musician
- 1990Kristinia DeBarge, American R&B singer
- 1992Charlie Ray, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.