March 8: Day of the Week
March 8, 2020 is the 68th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 298 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Dianne’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1702Anne Stuart, sister of Mary II, becomes Queen regnant of England, Scotland, and Ireland.
- 1722The Safavid Empire of Iran is defeated by an army from Afghanistan at The Battle of Gulnabad, pushing Iran into anarchy.
- 1736Nader Shah, founder of the Afsharid dynasty, is crowned Shah of Iran.
- 1775An anonymous writer, thought by some to be Thomas Paine, publishes “African Slavery in America”, the first article in the American colonies calling for the emancipation of slaves and the abolition of slavery.
- 1777Regiments from Ansbach and Bayreuth, sent to support Great Britain in the American Revolutionary War, mutiny in the town of Ochsenfurt.
- 1916World War I: A British force unsuccessfully attempts to relieve the siege of Kut (present-day Iraq) in the Battle of Dujaila.
- 1917International Women’s Day protests in St. Petersburg mark the beginning of the February Revolution (so named because it was February on the Julian calendar).
- 1924The Castle Gate mine disaster kills 172 coal miners near Castle Gate, Utah.
- 1949Mildred Gillars (“Axis Sally”) is condemned to prison for treason
- 1957The 1957 Georgia Memorial to Congress, which petitions the U.S. Congress to declare the ratification of the 14th & 15th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution null and void, is adopted by the U.S. state of Georgia.
Who were born on March 8?
- 1293Beatrice of Castile, queen of Portugal (d. 1359)
- 1746André Michaux, French botanist (d. 1802)
- 1922Cyd Charisse, American actress and dancer (d. 2008)
- 1926Francisco Rabal, Spanish actor (d. 2001)
- 1947Mike Allsup, American musician (Three Dog Night)
- 1955Don Ashby, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 1981)
- 1957Cynthia Rothrock, American actress
- 1958Gary Numan, British singer
- 1960Buck Williams, American basketball player
- 1964Lance McCullers, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.