March 8: Day of the Week
March 8, 2017 was the 67th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 298 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Pisces horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1010Ferdowsi completes his Shāhnāmeh.
- 1126Following the death of his mother Urraca, Alfonso VII is proclaimed king of Castile and León.
- 1702Anne Stuart, sister of Mary II, becomes Queen regnant of England, Scotland, and Ireland.
- 1722The Safavid Empire of Iran is defeated by an army from Afghanistan at The Battle of Gulnabad, pushing Iran into anarchy.
- 1911International Women’s Day is launched in Copenhagen, Denmark, by Clara Zetkin, leader of the Women’s Office for the Social Democratic Party in Germany.
- 1920The Arab Kingdom of Syria, the first modern Arab state to come into existence, is established.
- 1921Spanish Premier Eduardo Dato Iradier is assassinated while exiting the parliament building in Madrid.
- 1937Spanish Civil War: The Battle of Guadalajara begins.
- 1957The 1957 Georgia Memorial to Congress, which petitions the U.S. Congress to declare the ratification of the 14th & 15th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution null and void, is adopted by the U.S. state of Georgia.
- 1963The Ba'ath Party comes to power in Syria in a coup d'état by a clique of quasi-leftist Syrian Army officers calling themselves the National Council of the Revolutionary Command.
Who were born on March 8?
- 1714Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach, German composer (d. 1788)
- 1726Richard Howe, 1st Earl Howe, Royal Navy admiral of the fleet (d. 1799)
- 1892Juana de Ibarbourou, Uruguayan poet (d. 1979)
- 1922Yevgeny Matveyev, Russian actor and film director (d. 2003)
- 1944Pepe Romero, Spanish guitarist
- 1947Florentino Pérez, Spanish football executive
- 1954Cheryl Baker, British singer (Bucks Fizz)
- 1977James Van Der Beek, American actor
- 1982Leonidas Kampantais, Greek footballer
- 1988Armanti Edwards, American college football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.