March 8: Day of the Week
March 8, 2021 is the 67th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 298 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AZNEIZEBRXHAD? Check your answers here: Unscramble words AZNEIZEBRXHAD. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1844King Oscar I ascends to the thrones of Sweden and Norway.
- 1910French aviatrix Raymonde de Laroche becomes the first woman to receive a pilot’s license.
- 1917International Women’s Day protests in St. Petersburg mark the beginning of the February Revolution (so named because it was February on the Julian calendar).
- 1921Spanish Premier Eduardo Dato Iradier is assassinated while exiting the parliament building in Madrid.
- 1937Spanish Civil War: The Battle of Guadalajara begins.
- 1957Egypt re-opens the Suez Canal after the Suez Crisis.
- 1957Ghana joins the United Nations.
- 1974Charles de Gaulle Airport opens in Paris, France.
- 1979Philips demonstrates the Compact Disc publicly for the first time.
- 1999The Supreme Court of the United States upholds the murder convictions of Timothy McVeigh for the Oklahoma City bombing.
Who were born on March 8?
- 1702Anne Bonny, Irish-American pirate (d. 1782)
- 1847John Lister, English politician (d. 1933)
- 1920Douglass Wallop, American novelist and playwright (d. 1985)
- 1926Francisco Rabal, Spanish actor (d. 2001)
- 1931Neil Postman, American cultural critic (d. 2003)
- 1942Dick Allen, American baseball player
- 1947Mike Allsup, American musician (Three Dog Night)
- 1958Gary Numan, British singer
- 1972Angie Hart, Australian pop singer
- 1984Dave Moffatt, Canadian musician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.