March 8: Day of the Week
March 8, 2021 was the 67th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 298 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters NQOIUEVU? Check your answers here: Words with these letters NQOIUEVU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1126Following the death of his mother Urraca, Alfonso VII is proclaimed king of Castile and León.
- 1736Nader Shah, founder of the Afsharid dynasty, is crowned Shah of Iran.
- 1777Regiments from Ansbach and Bayreuth, sent to support Great Britain in the American Revolutionary War, mutiny in the town of Ochsenfurt.
- 1782Gnadenhütten massacre: Ninety-six Native Americans in Gnadenhutten, Ohio, who had converted to Christianity are killed by Pennsylvania militiamen in retaliation for raids carried out by other Indians.
- 1817The New York Stock Exchange is founded.
- 1917International Women’s Day protests in St. Petersburg mark the beginning of the February Revolution (so named because it was February on the Julian calendar).
- 1920The Arab Kingdom of Syria, the first modern Arab state to come into existence, is established.
- 1921Spanish Premier Eduardo Dato Iradier is assassinated while exiting the parliament building in Madrid.
- 1924The Castle Gate mine disaster kills 172 coal miners near Castle Gate, Utah.
- 1957The 1957 Georgia Memorial to Congress, which petitions the U.S. Congress to declare the ratification of the 14th & 15th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution null and void, is adopted by the U.S. state of Georgia.
Who were born on March 8?
- 1841Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States (d. 1935)
- 1856Colin Campbell Cooper, American Impressionist painter (d. 1937)
- 1859Kenneth Grahame, English author (d. 1932)
- 1865Frederic Goudy, American type designer (d. 1947)
- 1892Juana de Ibarbourou, Uruguayan poet (d. 1979)
- 1939Jim Bouton, American baseball player and author
- 1943Lynn Redgrave, English actress (d. 2010)
- 1973Boris Kodjoe, Austrian model
- 1976Ryan Freel, American baseball player
- 1978Mohammed Bouyeri, Dutch-Moroccan assassin
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.