March 9: Day of the Week
March 9, 2020 was the 69th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 297 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Natalie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1276Augsburg becomes an Imperial Free City.
- 1842The first documented discovery of gold in California occurs at Rancho San Francisco, six years before the California Gold Rush.
- 1847Mexican-American War: The first large-scale amphibious assault in U.S. history is launched in the Siege of Veracruz.
- 1933Great Depression: President Franklin D. Roosevelt submits the Emergency Banking Act to Congress, the first of his New Deal policies.
- 1944The Soviet Air Forces conduct heavy bombing on Tallinn, Estonia, killing up to 800 people, mostly civilians.
- 1946Bolton Wanderers stadium disaster at Burnden Park, Bolton, England, 33 killed and hundreds injured
- 1959The Barbie doll makes its debut at the American International Toy Fair in New York.
- 1960Dr. Belding Hibbard Scribner implants for the first time a shunt he invented into a patient, which allows the patient to receive hemodialysis on a regular basis.
- 1989Financially-troubled Eastern Air Lines filed for bankruptcy.
- 1990Dr. Antonia Novello is sworn in as Surgeon General of the United States, becoming the first female and Hispanic American to serve in that position.
Who were born on March 9?
- 1568Aloysius Gonzaga, Italian saint (d. 1591)
- 1749Honoré Gabriel Riqueti, French writer and politician (d. 1791)
- 1945Robert Calvert, English singer (Hawkwind) (d. 1988)
- 1957Faith Daniels, American journalist
- 1957Mark Mancina, American composer
- 1957Mona Sahlin, Swedish politician
- 1958Linda Fiorentino, American actress
- 1975Chaske Spencer, American actor
- 1983Wayne Simien, American basketball player
- 1987Bow Wow, American rapper and actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.