March 9: Day of the Week
March 9, 2019 was the 68th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 297 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jade’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1566David Rizzio, private secretary to Mary, Queen of Scots, is murdered in the Palace of Holyroodhouse, Edinburgh, Scotland.
- 1765After a campaign by the writer Voltaire, judges in Paris posthumously exonerate Jean Calas of murdering his son. Calas had been tortured and executed in 1762 on the charge, though his son may have actually committed suicide.
- 1796Napoléon Bonaparte marries his first wife, Joséphine de Beauharnais.
- 1811Paraguayan forces defeat Manuel Belgrano at the Battle of Tacuarí.
- 1841The U.S. Supreme Court rules that captive Africans who had seized control of the ship carrying them had been taken into slavery illegally.
- 1842Giuseppe Verdi’s third opera, Nabucco, receives its première performance in Milan; its success establishes Verdi as one of Italy’s foremost opera writers.
- 1916Pancho Villa leads nearly 500 Mexican raiders in an attack against Columbus, New Mexico.
- 1933Great Depression: President Franklin D. Roosevelt submits the Emergency Banking Act to Congress, the first of his New Deal policies.
- 1945The Bombing of Tokyo by the United States Army Air Forces began, one of the most destructive bombing raids in history.
- 1991Massive demonstrations are held against Slobodan Milošević in Belgrade.
Who were born on March 9?
- 1833Frederick A. Schroeder, industrialist and mayor of Brooklyn (d. 1899)
- 1909Derk Bodde, American sinologist (d. 2003)
- 1935Andrew Viterbi, American scientist and businessman
- 1940Raúl Juliá, Puerto Rican actor (d. 1994)
- 1945Dennis Rader, American serial killer
- 1949Jamie Lyn Bauer, American actress
- 1958Linda Fiorentino, American actress
- 1958Martin Fry, English pop singer (ABC)
- 1964Steve Wilkos, American police officer and talk show host
- 1977Radek Dvořák, Czech ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.