March 9: Day of the Week
March 9, 2019 is the 68th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 297 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Pisces horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 9 Historical Event(s)
- 141 BCLiu Che, posthumously known as Emperor Wu of Han, assumes the throne over the Han Dynasty of China.
- 1230Bulgarian tsar Ivan Asen II defeats Theodore of Epirus in the Battle of Klokotnitsa.
- 1944The Soviet Air Forces conduct heavy bombing on Tallinn, Estonia, killing up to 800 people, mostly civilians.
- 1945The Bombing of Tokyo by the United States Army Air Forces began, one of the most destructive bombing raids in history.
- 1954McCarthyism: CBS television broadcasts the See It Now episode, “A Report on Senator Joseph McCarthy”, produced by Fred Friendly.
- 1956Soviet military suppresses a mass demonstrations in the Georgian SSR, reacting to Nikita Khrushchev’s de-Stalinization policy.
- 1959The Barbie doll makes its debut at the American International Toy Fair in New York.
- 1977The Hanafi Muslim Siege: In a thirty-nine hour standoff, armed Hanafi Muslims seize three Washington, D.C., buildings, killing two and taking 149 hostage.
- 1991Massive demonstrations are held against Slobodan Milošević in Belgrade.
- 2011Space Shuttle Discovery makes its final landing after 39 flights.
Who were born on March 9?
- 1213Hugh IV, Duke of Burgundy, French crusader (d. 1271)
- 1890Vyacheslav Molotov, Russian politician (d. 1986)
- 1920Frank J. Dixon, American immunologist (d. 2008)
- 1930Ornette Coleman, American musician
- 1934Marlene Streit, Canadian golfer
- 1946Jim Cregan, British rock musician
- 1955Ornella Muti, Italian actress
- 1958Linda Fiorentino, American actress
- 1961Darrell Walker, American basketball player
- 1971Emmanuel Lewis, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.