March 9: Day of the Week
March 9, 2021 was the 68th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 297 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ZLAQUBCGZE? Check your answers here: Word search ZLAQUBCGZE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1009First known mention of Lithuania, in the annals of the monastery of Quedlinburg.
- 1796Napoléon Bonaparte marries his first wife, Joséphine de Beauharnais.
- 1842Giuseppe Verdi’s third opera, Nabucco, receives its première performance in Milan; its success establishes Verdi as one of Italy’s foremost opera writers.
- 1916Pancho Villa leads nearly 500 Mexican raiders in an attack against Columbus, New Mexico.
- 1959The Barbie doll makes its debut at the American International Toy Fair in New York.
- 1961Sputnik 9 successfully launches, carrying a human dummy nicknamed Ivan Ivanovich, and demonstrating that Soviet Union was ready to begin human spaceflight.
- 1976Forty-two people die in the 1976 Cavalese cable-car disaster, the worst cable-car accident to date.
- 1977The Hanafi Muslim Siege: In a thirty-nine hour standoff, armed Hanafi Muslims seize three Washington, D.C., buildings, killing two and taking 149 hostage.
- 1989Financially-troubled Eastern Air Lines filed for bankruptcy.
- 1990Dr. Antonia Novello is sworn in as Surgeon General of the United States, becoming the first female and Hispanic American to serve in that position.
Who were born on March 9?
- 1905Gerardus Philippus Helders, Dutch politician
- 1941Ernesto Miranda, American litigant (d. 1976)
- 1948Jeffrey Osborne, American singer
- 1951Michael Kinsley, American journalist and editor
- 1961Rick Steiner, American wrestler
- 1972Jean Louisa Kelly, American actress
- 1973Aaron Boone, American baseball player
- 1977Yamila Diaz-Rahi, Argentine supermodel
- 1981Anders Nøhr, Danish footballer
- 1984Julia Mancuso, American skier
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.