May 10: Day of the Week
May 10, 2023 is the 130th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 235 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EADSWMJAEM? Check your answers here: Word finder EADSWMJAEM. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
May 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1824The National Gallery in London opens to the public.
- 1924J. Edgar Hoover is appointed the Director of the United States’ Federal Bureau of Investigation, and remains so until his death in 1972.
- 1933Censorship: In Germany, the Nazis stage massive public book burnings.
- 1940World War II: Germany invades Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg.
- 1940World War II: The first German bombs of the war fall on England at Chilham and Petham, in Kent.
- 1940World War II: Winston Churchill is appointed Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- 1941World War II: The House of Commons in London is damaged by the Luftwaffe in an air raid.
- 1942World War II: The Thai Phayap Army invades the Shan States during the Burma Campaign.
- 1993In Thailand, a fire at the Kader Toy Factory kills 156 workers.
- 2002F.B.I. agent Robert Hanssen is sentenced to life imprisonment without the possibility of parole for selling United States secrets to Moscow for $1.4 million in cash and diamonds.
Who were born on May 10?
- 1878Gustav Stresemann, Chancellor of Germany, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize (d. 1929)
- 1902Anatole Litvak, Ukrainian-born film director (d. 1974)
- 1931Ettore Scola, Italian director and screenwriter
- 1953Tito Santana, Mexican-American professional wrestler
- 1958Rick Santorum, American politician
- 1967Nobuhiro Takeda, Japanese footballer and sportscaster
- 1977Keith Murray, American singer (We Are Scientists)
- 1982Daniel Harris, Australian rules footballer
- 1984Kristyna Myles, British singer
- 1992Charice Pempengco, Filipino singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.