May 10: Day of the Week
May 10, 2019 was the 130th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 235 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Asher’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
May 10 Historical Event(s)
- 70Siege of Jerusalem: Titus, son of emperor Vespasian, opens a full-scale assault on Jerusalem and attacks the city’s Third Wall to the northwest.
- 1503Christopher Columbus visits the Cayman Islands and names them Las Tortugas after the numerous turtles there.
- 1534Jacques Cartier visits Newfoundland.
- 1824The National Gallery in London opens to the public.
- 1833The desecration of the grave of the viceroy of southern Vietnam Le Van Duyet by Emperor Minh Mang provokes his adopted son to start a revolt.
- 1837Panic of 1837: New York City banks fail, and unemployment reaches record levels.
- 1849Astor Place Riot: A riot breaks out at the Astor Opera House in Manhattan, New York City over a dispute between actors Edwin Forrest and William Charles Macready, killing at least 25 and injuring over 120.
- 1865American Civil War: Jefferson Davis is captured by Union troops near Irwinville, Georgia.
- 1877Romania declares itself independent from the Ottoman Empire following the Senate adoption of Mihail Kogălniceanu’s Declaration of Independence. This act is recognized on March 26, 1881 after the end of the Romanian War of Independence.
- 1946First successful launch of an American V-2 rocket at White Sands Proving Ground.
Who were born on May 10?
- 1886Olaf Stapledon, British author and philosopher (d. 1950)
- 1943David Clennon, American actor
- 1948Meg Foster, American actress
- 1967Jon Ronson, British journalist and author
- 1970Gabriela Montero, Venezuelan pianist
- 1971Ådne Søndrål, Norwegian speed skater
- 1971Leslie Stefanson, American actress
- 1975Andrea Anders, American Actress
- 1975Hélio Castroneves, Brazilian race car driver
- 1979Lee Hyori, South Korean singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.