May 10: Day of the Week
May 10, 2021 was the 130th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 235 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters BLUENERCESZ? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters BLUENERCESZ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
May 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1655England, with troops under the command of Admiral William Penn and General Robert Venables, annexes Jamaica from Spain.
- 1837Panic of 1837: New York City banks fail, and unemployment reaches record levels.
- 1857Indian Mutiny: In India, the first war of Independence begins. Sepoys revolt against their commanding officers at Meerut.
- 1872Victoria Woodhull becomes the first woman nominated for President of the United States.
- 1908Mother’s Day is observed for the first time in the United States, in Grafton, West Virginia.
- 1940World War II: Germany invades Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg.
- 1942World War II: The Thai Phayap Army invades the Shan States during the Burma Campaign.
- 1948The Republic of China implements “temporary provisions” granting President Chiang Kai-shek extended powers to deal with the Communist uprising; they will remain in effect until 1991.
- 1969Vietnam War: The Battle of Dong Ap Bia begins with an assault on Hill 937. It will ultimately become known as Hamburger Hill.
- 1997The Maeslantkering, a storm surge barrier in the Netherlands that is one of the world’s largest moving structures, is opened by Queen Beatrix.
Who were born on May 10?
- 1760Johann Peter Hebel, German poet (d. 1826)
- 1838John Wilkes Booth, American actor and assassin of Abraham Lincoln (d. 1865)
- 1942Youssouf Sambo Bâ, Burkinabé politician
- 1943Richard Darman, American economist
- 1946Maureen Lipman, English actress
- 1952Sly Dunbar, Jamaican musician
- 1970Gina Philips, American actress
- 1970Sally Phillips, British actress and comedienne
- 1973Aviv Geffen, Israeli singer/songwriter (Blackfield)
- 1981Samuel Dalembert, Haitian basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.