May 10: Day of the Week
May 10, 2021 is the 130th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 235 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AADOSAHQSNKU? Check your answers here: Word finder AADOSAHQSNKU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
May 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1775American Revolutionary War: A small Colonial militia led by Ethan Allen and Colonel Benedict Arnold captures Fort Ticonderoga.
- 1775American Revolutionary War: Representatives from the Thirteen Colonies begin the Second Continental Congress in Philadelphia.
- 1796First Coalition: Napoleon I of France wins a decisive victory against Austrian forces at Lodi bridge over the Adda River in Italy. The Austrians lose some 2,000 men.
- 1857Indian Mutiny: In India, the first war of Independence begins. Sepoys revolt against their commanding officers at Meerut.
- 1924J. Edgar Hoover is appointed the Director of the United States’ Federal Bureau of Investigation, and remains so until his death in 1972.
- 1941World War II: Rudolf Hess parachutes into Scotland to try to negotiate a peace deal between the United Kingdom and Nazi Germany.
- 1941World War II: The House of Commons in London is damaged by the Luftwaffe in an air raid.
- 1942World War II: The Thai Phayap Army invades the Shan States during the Burma Campaign.
- 1948The Republic of China implements “temporary provisions” granting President Chiang Kai-shek extended powers to deal with the Communist uprising; they will remain in effect until 1991.
- 2002F.B.I. agent Robert Hanssen is sentenced to life imprisonment without the possibility of parole for selling United States secrets to Moscow for $1.4 million in cash and diamonds.
Who were born on May 10?
- 1641Dudley North, English economist (d. 1691)
- 1770Louis Nicolas Davout, French marshal (d. 1823)
- 1888Max Steiner, Austrian composer (d. 1971)
- 1897Einar Gerhardsen, Prime minister of Norway (d. 1987)
- 1898Ariel Durant, American historian (d. 1981)
- 1955Mark David Chapman, American murderer of John Lennon
- 1962Robby Thompson, American baseball player
- 1974Sylvain Wiltord, French footballer
- 1975Hélio Castroneves, Brazilian race car driver
- 1981Humberto Suazo, Chilean footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.