May 10: Day of the Week
May 10, 2021 was the 130th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 235 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Megan’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
May 10 Historical Event(s)
- 70Siege of Jerusalem: Titus, son of emperor Vespasian, opens a full-scale assault on Jerusalem and attacks the city’s Third Wall to the northwest.
- 1497Amerigo Vespucci allegedly leaves Cádiz for his first voyage to the New World.
- 1774Louis XVI becomes King of France.
- 1801First Barbary War: The Barbary pirates of Tripoli declare war on the United States of America.
- 1849Astor Place Riot: A riot breaks out at the Astor Opera House in Manhattan, New York City over a dispute between actors Edwin Forrest and William Charles Macready, killing at least 25 and injuring over 120.
- 1865American Civil War: Jefferson Davis is captured by Union troops near Irwinville, Georgia.
- 1869The First Transcontinental Railroad, linking the eastern and western United States, is completed at Promontory Summit, Utah (not Promontory Point, Utah) with the golden spike.
- 1924J. Edgar Hoover is appointed the Director of the United States’ Federal Bureau of Investigation, and remains so until his death in 1972.
- 1933Censorship: In Germany, the Nazis stage massive public book burnings.
- 1942World War II: The Thai Phayap Army invades the Shan States during the Burma Campaign.
Who were born on May 10?
- 1838John Wilkes Booth, American actor and assassin of Abraham Lincoln (d. 1865)
- 1872Marcel Mauss, French sociologist (d. 1950)
- 1886Felix Manalo, Philippine Founder and 1st Executive Minister of the Iglesia ni Cristo (d. 1963)
- 1889Mae Murray, American actress (d. 1965)
- 1902David O. Selznick, American film producer (d. 1965)
- 1915Sir Denis Thatcher, British businessman and husband of Margaret Thatcher (d. 2003)
- 1955Mark David Chapman, American murderer of John Lennon
- 1962Brad Soderberg, American college basketball head coach
- 1973Jerome Williams, American basketball player
- 1983Gustav Fridolin, Swedish politician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.