May 13: Day of the Week
May 13, 2020 is the 134th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 232 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Debbie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
May 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1619Dutch statesman Johan van Oldenbarnevelt is executed in The Hague after being convicted of treason.
- 1648Construction of the Red Fort at Delhi is completed.
- 1861American Civil War: Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom issues a “proclamation of neutrality” which recognizes the breakaway states as having belligerent rights.
- 1888With the passage of the Lei Áurea (“Golden Law”), Brazil abolishes slavery.
- 1909The first Giro d'Italia starts from Milan. Italian cyclist Luigi Ganna will be the winner.
- 1958During a visit to Caracas, Venezuela, Vice President Richard Nixon’s car is attacked by anti-American demonstrators.
- 1972Faulty electrical wiring ignites a fire underneath the Playtown Cabaret in Osaka, Japan. Blocked exits and non-functional elevators lead to 118 fatalities, with many victims leaping to their deaths.
- 1980An F3 tornado hits Kalamazoo County, Michigan. President Jimmy Carter declares it a federal disaster area.
- 1998India carries out two nuclear tests at Pokhran, following the three conducted on May 11. The United States and Japan impose economic sanctions on India.
- 2005The Andijan Massacre occurs in Uzbekistan.
Who were born on May 13?
- 1822Francis of Assisi of Bourbon, King Consort of Spain (d. 1902)
- 1904Louis Duffus, South African cricketer (d. 1984)
- 1928Enrique Bolaños, Nicaraguan politician
- 1941Jody Conradt, American basketball coach
- 1950Danny Kirwan, British musician (Fleetwood Mac)
- 1964Stephen Colbert, American comedian and actor
- 1965Hikari Ota, Japanese comedian
- 1965Lari White, American country music singer
- 1971Tom Nalen, American football player
- 1993Debby Ryan, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.