May 13: Day of the Week
May 13, 2019 was the 133rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 232 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Gene’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
May 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1373Julian of Norwich has visions which are later transcribed in her Revelations of Divine Love.
- 1515Mary Tudor, Queen of France and Charles Brandon, 1st Duke of Suffolk are officially married at Greenwich.
- 1861American Civil War: Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom issues a “proclamation of neutrality” which recognizes the breakaway states as having belligerent rights.
- 1861The Great Comet of 1861 is discovered by John Tebbutt of Windsor, New South Wales, Australia.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Resaca – the battle begins with Union General Sherman fighting toward Atlanta, Georgia.
- 1888With the passage of the Lei Áurea (“Golden Law”), Brazil abolishes slavery.
- 1950The first round of the Formula One World Championship is held at Silverstone.
- 1951The 400th anniversary of the founding of the National University of San Marcos is commemorated by the opening of the first large-capacity stadium in Peru.
- 1963The U.S. Supreme Court case Brady v. Maryland is decided.
- 1992Li Hongzhi gives the first public lecture on Falun Gong in Changchun, People’s Republic of China.
Who were born on May 13?
- 1588Ole Worm, Danish physician (d. 1654)
- 1753Lazare Carnot, French general, politician and mathematician (d. 1823)
- 1882Georges Braque, French painter (d. 1963)
- 1951James Whale, English radio personality
- 1957Koji Suzuki, Japanese writer
- 1965José Antonio Delgado, Venezuelan mountaineer (d. 2006)
- 1965Lari White, American country music singer
- 1980Waka Inoue, Japanese gravure idol and actress
- 1981Jimmy Wang Yang, American professional wrestler
- 1987Candice Accola, American actress and singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.