May 13: Day of the Week
May 13, 2020 was the 134th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 232 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jared’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
May 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1648Construction of the Red Fort at Delhi is completed.
- 1880In Menlo Park, New Jersey, Thomas Edison performs the first test of his electric railway.
- 1940Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands flees her country to Great Britain after the Nazi invasion. Princess Juliana takes her children to Canada for their safety.
- 19481948 Arab-Israeli War: the Kfar Etzion massacre is committed by Arab irregulars, the day before the declaration of independence of the state of Israel on May 14.
- 1950The first round of the Formula One World Championship is held at Silverstone.
- 1958The trade mark Velcro is registered.
- 1969Race riots, later known as the May 13 Incident, take place in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- 1989Large groups of students occupy Tiananmen Square and begin a hunger strike.
- 1994Johnny Carson makes his last television appearance on Late Show with David Letterman.
- 1995A 33 years old British mother Alison Hargreaves, became the first woman to conquer Everest without oxygen or the help of sherpas.
Who were born on May 13?
- 1717Queen Maria Theresa of Hungary and Bohemia, Holy Roman Empress (d. 1780)
- 1792Blessed Pope Pius IX (d. 1878)
- 1907Dame Daphne du Maurier, English author (d. 1989)
- 1928Édouard Molinaro, French film actor, director and screenwriter
- 1940Bruce Chatwin, British writer (d. 1989)
- 1943Kurt Trampedach, Danish artist
- 1943Mary Wells, American singer (d. 1992)
- 1983Anita Görbicz, Hungarian handball player
- 1984Benny Dayal, Indian singer
- 1985Jaroslav Halak, Slovak hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.