May 14: Day of the Week
May 14, 2019 is the 134th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 231 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Taurus horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
May 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1264Battle of Lewes: Henry III of England is captured and forced to sign the Mise of Lewes, making Simon de Montfort the de facto ruler of England.
- 1787In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, delegates convene a Constitutional Convention to write a new Constitution for the United States; George Washington presides.
- 1863American Civil War: The Battle of Jackson takes place.
- 1925Virginia Woolf’s novel Mrs Dalloway is published.
- 1929Wilfred Rhodes takes his 4000th first-class wicket during a performance of 9 for 39 at Leyton; he is the only player in history to have reached that plateau.
- 1935The Philippines ratifies an independence agreement.
- 1940The Yermolayev Yer-2, a long-range Soviet medium bomber, has its first flight.
- 1940World War II: The Battle of the Netherlands ends with the Netherlands surrendering to Germany.
- 1943A Japanese submarine sinks Ship AHS off the coast of Queensland.
- 1951Trains run on the Talyllyn Railway in Wales for the first time since preservation, making it the first railway in the world to be operated by volunteers.
Who were born on May 14?
- 1752Albrecht Thaer, German agronomist (d. 1828)
- 1916Del Moore, American comedian (d. 1970)
- 1925Oona O'Neill, widow of Charlie Chaplin (d. 1991)
- 1925Patrice Munsel, American opera soprano
- 1942Valeriy Brumel, Soviet high jumper (d. 2003)
- 1966Marianne Denicourt, French actress
- 1973Natalie Appleton, Canadian-born singer
- 1983Uroš Slokar, Slovenian basketball player
- 1984Olly Murs, English singer
- 1986Camila Sodi, Mexican actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.