May 17, 1974: Day of the Week
May 17, 1974 was the 137th day of the year 1974 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 228 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
A person born on this day will be 45 years old today. If that same person saved a Dime every day starting at age 6, then by now that person has accumulated $1,445.50 today.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May 1974 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1974 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Lydia’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
Tiger is the mythical animal and Wood is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
May 17, 1974 Historical Event(s)
- 1974Dublin and Monaghan bombings: Thirty-three civilians are killed when the Ulster Volunteer Force (UVF) explodes car bombs in Dublin and Monaghan, Republic of Ireland.
- 1974Police in Los Angeles, California, raid the Symbionese Liberation Army’s headquarters, killing six members, including Camilla Hall.
Who were born on May 17, 1974?
- 1974Andrea Corr, Irish singer (The Corrs)
- 1974Eddie Lewis, American football (soccer) player
- 1974Sendhil Ramamurthy, American actor
- 1974Wiki González, Venezuelan baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.