May 17, 1983: Day of the Week
May 17, 1983 was the 137th day of the year 1983 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 228 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
A person born on this day will be 36 years old today. If that same person saved a Cent every day starting at age 5, then by now that person has accumulated $116.41 today.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May 1983 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1983 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Brett’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
Pig is the mythical animal and Water is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
May 17, 1983 Historical Event(s)
- 1983Lebanon, Israel, and the United States sign an agreement on Israeli withdrawal from Lebanon.
- 1983The U.S. Department of Energy declassifies documents showing world’s largest mercury pollution event in Oak Ridge, Tennessee (ultimately found to be 4.2 million pounds), in response to the Appalachian Observer’s Freedom of Information Act request.
Who were born on May 17, 1983?
- 1983Channing Frye, American basketball player
- 1983Chris Henry, American football player (d. 2009)
- 1983Jeremy Sowers, American baseball player
- 1983Nicky Hofs, Dutch footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.