May 18, 1980: Day of the Week
May 18, 1980 was the 139th day of the year 1980 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 227 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
A person born on this day will be 38 years old today. If that same person saved a Half dollar every day starting at age 5, then by now that person has accumulated $6,165.00 today.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May 1980 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1980 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Taurus horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
Monkey is the mythical animal and Metal is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
May 18, 1980 Historical Event(s)
- 19801980 eruption of Mount St. Helens: Mount St. Helens erupts in Washington, United States, killing 57 people and causing $3 billion in damage.
- 1980Gwangju Massacre: students in Gwangju, South Korea begin demonstrations calling for democratic reforms.
Who were born on May 18, 1980?
- 1980Aileen Campbell, Scottish politician
- 1980Ali Zafar, Pakistani singer and model
- 1980Diego Pérez, Uruguayan footballer
- 1980Felicia Pearson, Actress
- 1980Jeff Roehl, American football player
- 1980Matt Long, American actor
- 1980Reggie Evans, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.