May 19: Day of the Week
May 19, 2021 is the 139th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 226 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters VYAAVOTEPAC? Check your answers here: Word solver VYAAVOTEPAC. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
May 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1649An Act of Parliament declaring England a Commonwealth is passed by the Long Parliament. England would be a republic for the next eleven years.
- 1780New England’s Dark Day: A combination of thick smoke and heavy cloud cover causes complete darkness to fall on Eastern Canada and the New England area of the United States at 10:30 A.M.
- 1802Napoleon Bonaparte founds the Legion of Honour.
- 1828U.S. President John Quincy Adams signs the Tariff of 1828 into law, protecting wool manufacturers in the United States.
- 1845Captain Sir John Franklin and his ill-fated Arctic expedition depart from Greenhithe, England.
- 1848Mexican-American War: Mexico ratifies the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo thus ending the war and ceding California, Nevada, Utah and parts of four other modern-day U.S. states to the United States for US$15 million.
- 1864American Civil War: the Battle of Spotsylvania Court House ends.
- 1919Mustafa Kemal Atatürk lands at Samsun on the Anatolian Black Sea coast, initiating what is later termed the Turkish War of Independence.
- 1971Mars probe program: Mars 2 is launched by the Soviet Union.
- 1991Croatians vote for independence in a referendum.
Who were born on May 19?
- 1890Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnamese leader (d. 1969)
- 1922Joe Gilmore, Irish barkeep
- 1926Peter Zadek, German theatre director (d. 2009)
- 1939Livio Berruti, Italian athlete
- 1951Dick Slater, American professional wrestler
- 1954Rick Cerone, American baseball player
- 1966Marc Bureau, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1966Polly Walker, English actress
- 1975London Fletcher, American football player
- 1976Ed Cota, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.