May 19: Day of the Week
May 19, 2020 is the 140th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 226 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Naomi’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
May 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1535French explorer Jacques Cartier sets sail on his second voyage to North America with three ships, 110 men, and Chief Donnacona’s two sons (whom Cartier had kidnapped during his first voyage).
- 1536Anne Boleyn, the second wife of Henry VIII of England, is beheaded for adultery, treason, and incest.
- 1643Thirty Years’ War: French forces under the duc d'Enghien decisively defeat Spanish forces at the Battle of Rocroi, marking the symbolic end of Spain as a dominant land power.
- 1828U.S. President John Quincy Adams signs the Tariff of 1828 into law, protecting wool manufacturers in the United States.
- 1848Mexican-American War: Mexico ratifies the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo thus ending the war and ceding California, Nevada, Utah and parts of four other modern-day U.S. states to the United States for US$15 million.
- 1864American Civil War: the Battle of Spotsylvania Court House ends.
- 1897Oscar Wilde is released from Reading Gaol Prison.
- 1962A birthday salute to U.S. President John F. Kennedy takes place at Madison Square Garden, New York City. The highlight is Marilyn Monroe’s rendition of “Happy Birthday”.
- 1991Croatians vote for independence in a referendum.
- 1997The Sierra Gorda Biosphere, the most ecologically diverse region in Mexico, is established as a result of grassroots efforts.
Who were born on May 19?
- 1898Julius Evola, Italian philosopher and esotericist (d. 1974)
- 1908Percy Williams, Canadian athlete (d. 1982)
- 1939James Fox, English actor
- 1946Claude Lelièvre, Belgian commissioner for children’s rights
- 1954Rick Cerone, American baseball player
- 1965Cecilia Bolocco, Chilean television presenter and 1987 Miss Universe
- 1966Polly Walker, English actress
- 1980Tony Hackworth, English footballer
- 1985Chris Loudon, Scottish darts player
- 1992Michele Camporese, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.